Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 09:47:27 PM

I dont need a scapegoat but it is interesting that you have yet to say a word about Henry's cheating (ex Arsenal player) and that you agree with Keane, you then by your own definition seem to agree that the keeper and defense are to blame, hence maiking them the scapegoats.

Well, it is a game of football afterall.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2009, 10:04:44 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 09:47:27 PM

I dont need a scapegoat but it is interesting that you have yet to say a word about Henry's cheating (ex Arsenal player) and that you agree with Keane, you then by your own definition seem to agree that the keeper and defense are to blame, hence maiking them the scapegoats.

Well, it is a game of football afterall.

Well thats the most generic ballix I have ever seen you write!

You said you agreed with Keane 100%, do you then blame Given and the back four for the loss to France?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Given, the defence, the midfield and the forwards. The ref and the linesman. Henry.

But that's football. That's sport. Bring in video footage if you will but right now we don't have it. Complaining of cheats and replays is embarrassing. We're open to the referee's discretion.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2009, 10:12:02 PM
Given, the defence, the midfield and the forwards. The ref and the linesman. Henry.

But that's football. That's sport. Bring in video footage if you will but right now we don't have it. Complaining of cheats and replays is embarrassing. We're open to the referee's discretion.
Complaining that John Delaney didn't ring you 8 years ago when asked about a game last Wednesday is embarrassing I reckon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 09:54:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 20, 2009, 09:35:20 PM
I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry.

Bitter rant?

Jesus, 7 years on and he still devdes people :-\
I wouldn't consider a langer who idolises Roy as having an opinion worth valueing.
That leaves the divide at about 95 out of 100 who think Roy is just using the opportunity to vent his old bitter grudge against the FAI.

Does the opposite also apply?
Whats the opposite to a langer ?

I'll make it easy for you.

Would you agree with this statement?

I wouldn't consider a langer who hates Roy as having an opinion worth valueing (sic).

Well Muppet, that does not make it easy, that twists 'not idolising' into hate. In the context of my throw away comment about Langers
"I wouldn't consider a langer who idolises Roy as having an opinion worth valuing" (spelling corrected for your sensitivities)  :)
'not idolise' would be the opposite  of idolise. You can decide to 'not idolise' a person and maintain a rational distance from hate.
Your question does not apply to my throwaway comment.

milltown row

when Roy Keane takes the Ireland team (and he will) he will only have 5 percent of the public (according to some daft poster on here)

i cant wait to read your posts and the other 95 percent of Roy Keane haters when he takes the team to the finals of one of the main competitions.

Ireland have never produced a player like Roy Keane and to date they still havent got one coming through. be thankfull Ireland had a world class player.

muppet

Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 10:21:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 09:54:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 20, 2009, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 20, 2009, 09:35:20 PM
I'd be more annoyed with my defenders and my goalkeeper than Thierry Henry.

Bitter rant?

Jesus, 7 years on and he still devdes people :-\
I wouldn't consider a langer who idolises Roy as having an opinion worth valueing.
That leaves the divide at about 95 out of 100 who think Roy is just using the opportunity to vent his old bitter grudge against the FAI.

Does the opposite also apply?
Whats the opposite to a langer ?

I'll make it easy for you.

Would you agree with this statement?

I wouldn't consider a langer who hates Roy as having an opinion worth valueing (sic).

Well Muppet, that does not make it easy, that twists 'not idolising' into hate. In the context of my throw away comment about Langers
"I wouldn't consider a langer who idolises Roy as having an opinion worth valuing" (spelling corrected for your sensitivities)  :)
'not idolise' would be the opposite  of idolise. You can decide to 'not idolise' a person and maintain a rational distance from hate.
Your question does not apply to my throwaway comment.

There are two ends of the spectrum with regard to Roy Keane. You announced that those at one end, i.e. those who idolize him as you put it, have opinions that are worthless. I want to know what about those at the other end of the spectrum, i.e. those who hate him?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: ONeill on November 20, 2009, 10:12:02 PM

So he does not blame Henry at all for what happened, yet you do. Is it fair to say then that you in actual fact, do not agree with Roy 100%?

Roy talks out of both sides of his mouth, on the one hand he states that the players 'deserve' better and on the other he singles out players like Given and Dunne and the rest of the defense and blames them whilst Henry gets a free pass. Maybe the last bit is the part of his argument you like. ;)

Video replays are not in play at this stage, the game is lost and the  French move on. end of.

stew

Quote from: milltown row on November 20, 2009, 10:22:59 PM
when Roy Keane takes the Ireland team (and he will) he will only have 5 percent of the public (according to some daft poster on here)

i cant wait to read your posts and the other 95 percent of Roy Keane haters when he takes the team to the finals of one of the main competitions.

Ireland have never produced a player like Roy Keane and to date they still havent got one coming through. be thankfull Ireland had a world class player.

Aye Ireland has had exactly one world class player and that was Roy, FFS wise up man dear.

stew

Yip, I would say that the FAI are shitting themselves for Trappatoni to either A. Die or B. retire so that they can hire that world class manager Roy Keane, he is more likely to manage norn Ireland that the ROI.

milltown row

idolize? lets get real.  we go and watch players and are taken aback by their skill and dedacation. i haven't heard anyone saying they idolize Keane.

lets start a thread about platini. he said there should not be a replay and is glad France is through. or what about one on the Ireland Coach not getting Ireland to South Africa. oh what about robbie keane/Duff missing thon chances?

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2009, 10:24:24 PM

There are two ends of the spectrum with regard to Roy Keane. You announced that those at one end, i.e. those who idolize him as you put it, have opinions that are worthless. I want to know what about those at the other end of the spectrum, i.e. those who hate him?
Why would you want to know such worthless things?
You do understand what a throwaway comment is?

Anyway, I cant help you with your perceptions of spectrums.

Puckoon

Is this the same Roy Keane who is destroying every club he touches as a manager?

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2009, 10:34:43 PM

Yip, I would say that the FAI are shitting themselves for Trappatoni to either A. Die or B. retire so that they can hire that world class manager Roy Keane, he is more likely to manage norn Ireland that the ROI.

Of last four managers hired by the FAI only Traps CV puts Keane's to shame. McCathy's is arguably better but only just, while Kerr and Staunton had done nothing in senior management. Staunton was the assistant coach at Walsall ffs.
MWWSI 2017

stiffler

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009