Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: attheraces on June 30, 2011, 12:15:07 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 29, 2011, 11:35:55 PM
Quote from: ExcellentDriver on June 29, 2011, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: Cde on June 29, 2011, 10:44:05 PM
result from the Errigal v Killeeshil game ??

Was wondering for a second, until I realised it was Errigal's Thirds that were playing Killeshil. :)

A Cousin of my Dad told me that Errigal nick players from Killeshil, Beragh and Eskra. And to think that the Club was a merger of three Parishes that initially didn't want to play with each other. ::)
Errigal's catchment area is one parish only, oddly enough called Errigal Ciaran!

As for "nicking" players, dunno about Killeeshil but in the case of Beragh it's likely to be a claim from Sixmilecross where some players would live closer to Dunmoyle than St. Mary's and some others would be at Carrickmore. And I've never heard of Eskra being allegedly plundered.

I think a lot of people reckon Peter Harte should be playing for Eskra.

pretty sure eamonn mccaffrey played for eskra before being nicked by ballygawley/errigal!!!

EC Unique

Quote from: clarshack on June 30, 2011, 09:06:52 AM
Quote from: attheraces on June 30, 2011, 12:15:07 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 29, 2011, 11:35:55 PM
Quote from: ExcellentDriver on June 29, 2011, 10:51:53 PM
Quote from: Cde on June 29, 2011, 10:44:05 PM
result from the Errigal v Killeeshil game ??

Was wondering for a second, until I realised it was Errigal's Thirds that were playing Killeshil. :)

A Cousin of my Dad told me that Errigal nick players from Killeshil, Beragh and Eskra. And to think that the Club was a merger of three Parishes that initially didn't want to play with each other. ::)
Errigal's catchment area is one parish only, oddly enough called Errigal Ciaran!

As for "nicking" players, dunno about Killeeshil but in the case of Beragh it's likely to be a claim from Sixmilecross where some players would live closer to Dunmoyle than St. Mary's and some others would be at Carrickmore. And I've never heard of Eskra being allegedly plundered.

I think a lot of people reckon Peter Harte should be playing for Eskra.

pretty sure eamonn mccaffrey played for eskra before being nicked by ballygawley/errigal!!!

:D :D

Fuzzman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 29, 2011, 09:59:37 PM
Sigersons: 2-10 (Brendy Mc Laughlin 2-4!), Clann na nGael: 1-10

:)

We never play well against thus Dub jerseys
Brogan was on fire for them again.

new devil

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 29, 2011, 11:23:53 PM
Heard the moy behaved like a pack of thugs tonight.... I actually like this new attitude they have - stand up for yourselves boys! It's been a long time coming!!

The Moy grew a set off balls??? NOOOO i don't believe it!! A guy once told me on this board i couldn't comment on games unless i seen them live in the flesh...so i don't believe you and still think they are a bunch of crying f**kers  :D :D :

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2011, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: barelegs on June 29, 2011, 11:35:23 PM
I took a look at the last four games for a few of those teams

Moy seem to have the most difficult last 4 matches Carrickmore, Errigal, Ardboe and Coalisland (away)

Greencastle have Trillick (a), Moortown, Ardboe and Eglish

Derrylaughan have Clonoe (a), Coalisland, Eglish and Trillick (a)

Moortown have Greencastle (a), Eglish (a), Killyclogher (a) and Carrickmore

Too close to call at this stage.

I'd like to think that Greencastle could get wins against Trillick and Moortown, have a stab at Eglish and maybe get lucky against Ardboe.

The KBs and the Malachy's have the thoughes of those run-ins. If Greencastle can get at least 3 of the available 8 points they'll be fine.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

tyronehead

The Moy seem to be at last showing a bit of attitude. Last night there could have been a few more  sending offs than the 4.Another battle field game with fist fights breaking out all over, goalkeepers also out at the 50m line from their own nets and they weren't taking free kicks !It should have been ten point win for The Moy .Summer is here !

attheraces

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2011, 01:05:07 AM
Quote from: barelegs on June 29, 2011, 11:35:23 PM
I took a look at the last four games for a few of those teams

Moy seem to have the most difficult last 4 matches Carrickmore, Errigal, Ardboe and Coalisland (away)

Greencastle have Trillick (a), Moortown, Ardboe and Eglish

Derrylaughan have Clonoe (a), Coalisland, Eglish and Trillick (a)

Moortown have Greencastle (a), Eglish (a), Killyclogher (a) and Carrickmore

Too close to call at this stage.

I'd like to think that Greencastle could get wins against Trillick and Moortown, have a stab at Eglish and maybe get lucky against Ardboe.

I would fancy Greencastle against Eglish before Trillick, Trillick going well enough from what I have heard/seen of them this year, while Eglish seem to have stepped off the gas the past while. I can't see Moy picking up any points in their last 4 but 3 home games is a bonus. Too close to call is right!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Tommo2

Dromore seem to be struggling a wee bit recently. Well beat by carmen, only a draw with killyclogher and struggling to beat cooks town and moy! Are they missing many?

bustsummoves

Was at the killyclogher game, and Dromore appear to be missing alot of regulars must be down to injury. Eoin McCusker is suspended. Colly McCullagh will miss the omagh game and they will have bother fielding a team seeing its a stared game!!

Up The Middle

Any truth in the rumour that Peter Ward got a year for trying to hit a ref at a minor game in Dromore? Wouldnt surprise me if its true.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tommo2

Quote from: Up The Middle on July 01, 2011, 10:53:17 AM
Any truth in the rumour that Peter Ward got a year for trying to hit a ref at a minor game in Dromore? Wouldnt surprise me if its true.

He played against Killyclogher on Wednesday nite!!

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Tommo2 on July 01, 2011, 11:14:21 AM
Quote from: Up The Middle on July 01, 2011, 10:53:17 AM

He played against Killyclogher on Wednesday nite!!

heard that rumour alright, but i suppose the fact that he played since means its a pile of bulls**t
First on the field and last to leave

viiv

Tuesday 5th July @ 7.00pm (Res) & 8.15pm (Sen)

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 3
Carrickmore St Colmcille's   V Drumquin Wolfe Tones (senior only)

Derrytresk Fir aChnoic   V Errigal Ciaran
Dregish Pearse Óg   V Glenelly St Joseph's

Wednesday 6th July @ 7.00pm (Res) & 8.15pm (Sen)

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 1

Carrickmore St Colmcille's   V Killyclogher St Mary's
Clonoe O'Rahilly's   V Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's
Coalisland Fianna   V Errigal Ciaran
Donaghmore St Patrick's   V Cookstown FrRocks
Dromore St Dympna's   V Omagh St Enda's
Eglish St Patrick's   V Moortown St Malachy's
Moy Tír na nÓg   V Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa
Trillick St Macartan's   V Greencastle St Patrick's

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 2
Clann na Gael   V Aghyaran St Davogs

Eskra Emmetts   V Strabane Sigersons
Galbally Pearses   V Stewartstown Harps
Gortin St Patrick's   V Urney St Colmcille's
Kildress Wolfe Tones   V Pomeroy Plunketts
Killyman St Mary's   V Edendork St Malachy's
Loughmacrory St Teresa's   V Rock St Patrick's
Newtownstewart St Eugene's   V Augher St Macartan's

O'Neill's All County Football League Division 3
Clogher Eire Óg   V Brackaville Owen Roes

Dungannon Thomas Clarkes   V Aghaloo O'Neill's
Fintona Na Piarsaigh   V Beragh Red Knights
Killeeshil St Mary's   V Brockagh Emmetts
Owen Roe O'Neill's   V Castlederg St Eugene's
Tattyreagh St Patrick's   V Drumragh Sarsfields

ExcellentDriver

More Ardboe News,

I heard in Forbes Shop that Mickey Coleman and Ciaran 'Bella' Campbell are off to see their Uncles in Philadelphia this Summer.

Body Blow for our Championship Hopes (If we ever had any, lol).
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

ziggysego

Running scared from Greencastle ;)
Testing Accessibility