Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

Ziggy,

Expect our usual tame QF/SF exit this Year. ;)
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

twenty one yard free

ex driver has put the brakes on
and not showing much hope for us in the c ship
should be looking beyond the q/finals anyway

front of the mountain

Can anyone tell me the proposed layout of the tyrone club championship?? is the first round confirmed 1st week of August??? is the 2nd round a week/ fortnight later?? ( trying to sort out a stag do)

redhandloo

Quote from: front of the mountain on July 05, 2011, 10:30:40 AM
Can anyone tell me the proposed layout of the tyrone club championship?? is the first round confirmed 1st week of August??? is the 2nd round a week/ fortnight later?? ( trying to sort out a stag do)
Good luck with that. Surely all will depend on tyrone's result against Longford
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Rois

Last few (morning) tee times for the Club Tyrone golf classic on Friday in Dungannon available - fantastic response, only 4 tee times left.  Anyone fancy a go?  £50 a head to include meal afterwards. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: front of the mountain on July 05, 2011, 10:30:40 AM
ATM the last round of league games are penciled in for 14th august, but i get the impression everything hinges on how tyrone do.
i wouldnt be that surpised if there is very little action after tommorrow night until when ever tyrone go out
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

barelegs

I think the round of fixtures that's pencilled in for the weekend of July 24th is starred and may go ahead regardless of how the county team is doing.

Massey-135

Division 3 league could effectively be won tonight. Aghaloo should win, and Killeshill might drop points to Brocagh with Hub missing. If Aghaloo & Killeshill should finish the season level on points, do Aghaloo win on account of head to heads?

randomtask

http://www.hughesbet.com/races/viewdetails.asp?itemID=2291

Odds for the senior, intermediate and junior championships

At first glance i would think that Carrickmore are a very big price at 5/1, they have been unstoppable in the league and have been putting up massive scores, they seem to have got the balance of youth and experience down to a tee. Younger members such as Caolan Daly and Benny Martin seem to flying, and in the form of Colm Mc Gurk, Conor Gormley and Mark Donnelly they have three of the most experienced and influential players within Tyrone. I would fully expect them to beat Errigal in the first round who have been poor in the championship over the last few years and don't seem to have enough quality inside forwards to win a championship. They also seem to rely heavily on Peter Harte every time i have seen them play. In terms of a dark horse value beat there isn't much value as the championship has 7 teams which on any given day could beat each other. But Clonoe and Omagh seem to be decent bets at 6/1. Clonoe after a couple of tame years with lads heading to america seem to have come back hungry and with Damien Cassidy at the helm again they will be well organised with the know how and experience to win a championship. This coupled with the fact that they owe Trillick one from 2009 where they beat them at Ballinamullan in the first round should see them progrees. Omagh who have had a patchy start to the season which was severely hampered with injuries have started to gain a bit of momentum towards the end of the break. Their young team will have learned with their lesson with a late defeat at the hands of Carrickmore last season, they have some quality footballers within their ranks and although they will not have it easy against Donaghmore i would expect them to progress and if they do they will be hard to beat. 

Looking at the intermediate championship prices one that sticks out at me massively is Urney at 20/1. They seem to be going well enough in the league and were a whisker away from winning the championship last year. There have a couple of great players in the lafferty brothers and i would expect them to beat a hot and cold Pomeroy side in the first round comfortably enough. Also i would expect Galbally to have enough strength and quality to mount a serious challenge on the intermediate crown and at 5/1 they are a decent price. They seem to have gotten their act together recently in the league and won their last four games. They should canter past Strabane in the first round which should keep the momentum going and in my opinion see them contest at the very latter stages of the championship. 

Having not watched much Junior football i could not speculate to much on the winner and potential dark horses. But an experienced Errigal thirds team who have now had a number of years to find their feet at this level and with a number of experienced players in Peter loughran and daisy mc dermott they should give it a good run at a decent price at 10/1. Although it is hard to look past a forceful killeshill who will be happy to win some silverware something which they have not done in a while IMO they are the best side in the division with the most quality and although they are a short price at 5/2 any team that beats them will have to be a very good one.

Quarterback

Quote from: clarshack on July 06, 2011, 11:13:53 PM
Galbally Pearses 3-7 V Stewartstown Harps 0-14. difference was galbally took their 3 goal chances whereas we missed 3 goal chances with 2 of them hitting the bar. mcbrides luck has changed considerably.

Wouldnt say Mc Brides luck has changed....The lads seem to have pulled the thing together and are starting to play better football than earlier in the year....no one is talking about the pearses at the min.....

fat head

Quote from: randomtask on July 08, 2011, 02:30:05 AM
http://www.hughesbet.com/races/viewdetails.asp?itemID=2291

Odds for the senior, intermediate and junior championships

At first glance i would think that Carrickmore are a very big price at 5/1, they have been unstoppable in the league and have been putting up massive scores, they seem to have got the balance of youth and experience down to a tee. Younger members such as Caolan Daly and Benny Martin seem to flying, and in the form of Colm Mc Gurk, Conor Gormley and Mark Donnelly they have three of the most experienced and influential players within Tyrone. I would fully expect them to beat Errigal in the first round who have been poor in the championship over the last few years and don't seem to have enough quality inside forwards to win a championship. They also seem to rely heavily on Peter Harte every time i have seen them play. In terms of a dark horse value beat there isn't much value as the championship has 7 teams which on any given day could beat each other. But Clonoe and Omagh seem to be decent bets at 6/1. Clonoe after a couple of tame years with lads heading to america seem to have come back hungry and with Damien Cassidy at the helm again they will be well organised with the know how and experience to win a championship. This coupled with the fact that they owe Trillick one from 2009 where they beat them at Ballinamullan in the first round should see them progrees. Omagh who have had a patchy start to the season which was severely hampered with injuries have started to gain a bit of momentum towards the end of the break. Their young team will have learned with their lesson with a late defeat at the hands of Carrickmore last season, they have some quality footballers within their ranks and although they will not have it easy against Donaghmore i would expect them to progress and if they do they will be hard to beat. 

Looking at the intermediate championship prices one that sticks out at me massively is Urney at 20/1. They seem to be going well enough in the league and were a whisker away from winning the championship last year. There have a couple of great players in the lafferty brothers and i would expect them to beat a hot and cold Pomeroy side in the first round comfortably enough. Also i would expect Galbally to have enough strength and quality to mount a serious challenge on the intermediate crown and at 5/1 they are a decent price. They seem to have gotten their act together recently in the league and won their last four games. They should canter past Strabane in the first round which should keep the momentum going and in my opinion see them contest at the very latter stages of the championship. 

Having not watched much Junior football i could not speculate to much on the winner and potential dark horses. But an experienced Errigal thirds team who have now had a number of years to find their feet at this level and with a number of experienced players in Peter loughran and daisy mc dermott they should give it a good run at a decent price at 10/1. Although it is hard to look past a forceful killeshill who will be happy to win some silverware something which they have not done in a while IMO they are the best side in the division with the most quality and although they are a short price at 5/2 any team that beats them will have to be a very good one.

I would think that those odds were made before the league started.  I certainly don't think you would get Edendork or the Rock at 6-1 for Intermediate championship anymore

illdecide

Folks if there are any Donnaghmore men here could they send me a pm, i'm looking Adrian's mob no (my we cub deleted it along with about 10 other contacts). Trying to arrange a friendly
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sandwiches_in_the_boot

After the Armagh/Wicklow draw, Tyrone won't play now until 23 July and then again (should they win) on 30 July against Mayo/Ross. Leaves a potential AIQF on 7 August.

Where will that leave the start of the club championship  ???
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Gaffer

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 10, 2011, 11:31:43 PM
After the Armagh/Wicklow draw, Tyrone won't play now until 23 July and then again (should they win) on 30 July against Mayo/Ross. Leaves a potential AIQF on 7 August.

Now yer talking !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 10, 2011, 11:31:43 PM

Exactly why I was praying we'd miss that Armagh replay craic. Play the championship off in 4 weeks in October, months after teams involved have played a competitive league game!!
First on the field and last to leave