Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Without a shadow of a doubt, the tie of the round!!!  2 Big guns that are used to meeting in finals not the 1st round.  Nice for the likes of Dromore etc to see 1 of these clubs wont make it past the 1st round!!
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Shadylimp on June 13, 2011, 10:02:56 AM
''Epic battle''????? Do me a favour. How long is it since either of these two won the championship? I don't think it could be described as an 'epic battle' now. Wishful thinking on your behalf but.

If it was Clonoe v Coalisland or Moortown v Ardboe meeting in the Championship those games could be described the same way howeve long from either had won the Championship.

nrico2006

What was the outcome of the Joe McMahon assault?  Was the cops involved and how did the culprit only get 4 weeks?  Disgrace.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 13, 2011, 01:55:10 PM
What was the outcome of the Joe McMahon assault?  Was the cops involved and how did the culprit only get 4 weeks?  Disgrace.
He got the maximum that GAA rules permit to give i.e 4 weeks for striking-definitely one of these cases where the punishment didn't fit the damage done-

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 13, 2011, 04:38:10 PM
He got the maximum that GAA rules permit to give i.e 4 weeks for striking-definitely one of these cases where the punishment didn't fit the damage done-

Should suspensions be measured on type of injury? 4 weeks for no damage, 5 weeks for black eye, 6 weeks for broken nose, 12 weeks for broken jaw????  ::)

Tommo2

9 league games in to the ACl's. No major hiccups so far. Fair play to the fixtures committee and county board for the way things have gone so far.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 13, 2011, 05:04:28 PM

Should suspensions be measured on type of injury? 4 weeks for no damage, 5 weeks for black eye, 6 weeks for broken nose, 12 weeks for broken jaw????  ::)
Easy to be flippant when you're not on the receiving end. There are 2 categories for kicking offences.

KIDDO 4

Clogher 2.10 Beragh  1.7 tonight league division 3 in Clogher .

nrico2006

The courts should have handled this.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2011, 08:49:09 AM

The courts should have handled this.

Have they become involved? Did Joe go to cops? seems strange no movement if any truth in rumour he went to police. they cant do nothin unless he goes complaining
First on the field and last to leave

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 13, 2011, 09:13:48 PM

Easy to be flippant when you're not on the receiving end. There are 2 categories for kicking offences.
Why have you been on the recieving end of it?
How are the kicking offences categorised?

stalwart

lads, dont get carried away about incidents that are unclear, what happened big joe or any player shouldnt have happened, but the fact hes a county player has no bearing on this.  Had it happened to a division 3 reserve player there wouldnt have been a word about it - it happens regularly and striking is striking- lad got a month , end of story, if he wants to go through the courts, so be it, and well within his rights-

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: stalwart on June 14, 2011, 12:28:58 PM
lads, dont get carried away about incidents that are unclear, what happened big joe or any player shouldnt have happened, but the fact hes a county player has no bearing on this.  Had it happened to a division 3 reserve player there wouldnt have been a word about it - it happens regularly and striking is striking- lad got a month , end of story, if he wants to go through the courts, so be it, and well within his rights-

Hear Hear! Thats why I was taking Rocky McGuigan (Ironic Surname) on, on this issue!

rrhf

I don't think anyone could claim ec v carmen is not a tie of epic proportions.  Since ec was joined up their finals against carmen illustrated amazing rivalry and helped them form an almost immediate tradition. Dromores new tradition of success is being established too so no need for squabbling. I can see a dromore clonoe final this year no ifs or butts

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 14, 2011, 12:56:04 PM
Quote from: stalwart on June 14, 2011, 12:28:58 PM

Hear Hear! Thats why I was taking Rocky McGuigan (Ironic Surname) on, on this issue!
Kicking with minimal force and kicking with force are the categories for kicking