Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Tight game between Greencastle and Dromore last night. We were very unlucky not to walk away with even spoils. Came back from 6 points down to come within one point of Dromore. At the end, it was the goal that Dromore got in the first half, that made the difference.

If we can keep that performance up for Sunday, we can make it difficult for Omagh on Sunday.
Testing Accessibility

attheraces

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 09, 2011, 09:50:29 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on June 08, 2011, 10:27:00 PM
Eglish 2-7 Ardboe 0-9.
Without wishing to take anything away from Eglish tonight,Ardboe were absolutely brutal.Tommy McGuigan sent off in injury time and truth be told we were lucky we didn't lose another 2 men to reds.

Thats some result for the crazy gang. A fantastic return to the top flight - It must have something to do with John Morrison - Must be a great manager. Always liked Eglish and glad to see they're doing well this year!

Eglish are really flying, I've seen Ardboe twice this year and they have impressed. I actually think Ardboe will win the championship they have a mighty team. Good to see Eglish doing well, a fresh footballing side rather than them old bruisers Kildress  :P
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Watch the Break

From looking at the Div 1 table and the results from Wednesday night is it just me or does anyone think that the Championship is wide open this year.  Dromore will be there or thereabouts. They're a hard team to beat even when they don't play well.  Carrickmore seem to be flying at the minute and look like the team to beat.  Errigal can't be written off but I have my doubts, especially if they were to meet Dromore or Carrickmore.  You can't discount Ardboe with the talent they have in the squad and Clonoe are a more than capable team.  I fancy Clonoe to challenge strongly if they can keep their big players fit.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: twenty one yard free on June 09, 2011, 11:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 09, 2011, 08:54:57 AM
At this stage some clubs must be wondering about the vast sums of money being handed out to outside managers with very little in the way of return. Galbally and Omagh are two of the prime examples-by all accounts Omagh were a total shambles last night
heard that jonny mc bride is on his last legs with galbally,a defeat this weekend and he s brown bread
couldnt see killyman beating them at the weekend though
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

attheraces

Quote from: Watch the Break on June 09, 2011, 01:15:49 PM
From looking at the Div 1 table and the results from Wednesday night is it just me or does anyone think that the Championship is wide open this year.  Dromore will be there or thereabouts. They're a hard team to beat even when they don't play well.  Carrickmore seem to be flying at the minute and look like the team to beat.  Errigal can't be written off but I have my doubts, especially if they were to meet Dromore or Carrickmore.  You can't discount Ardboe with the talent they have in the squad and Clonoe are a more than capable team.  I fancy Clonoe to challenge strongly if they can keep their big players fit.

Wide open, I know Omagh have had a poor league campaign but their talent can't be ignored either. Team's like Eglish, Donaghmore or even a depleted Coalisalnd could have a say with the draws they have. Going to be an interesting year.

Tommo2

Quote from: attheraces on June 09, 2011, 05:00:28 PM

Wide open, I know Omagh have had a poor league campaign but their talent can't be ignored either. Team's like Eglish, Donaghmore or even a depleted Coalisalnd could have a say with the draws they have. Going to be an interesting year.

I understand that Coalisland will have all their players back from the States to defend the championship. I thought most of them were due to return home soon.

attheraces

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 09, 2011, 05:02:40 PM
Quote from: attheraces on June 09, 2011, 05:00:28 PM

I understand that Coalisland will have all their players back from the States to defend the championship. I thought most of them were due to return home soon.

Are a number of the players not out as home-based players? If so then they cannot play for their club's again this season. If they are not out as home-based players I've been mis-informed. Anyways, I'd imagine missing the majority of their squad for most of the season will leave them at some sort of disadvantage to other teams.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: twenty one yard free on June 09, 2011, 11:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on June 09, 2011, 08:54:57 AM
At this stage some clubs must be wondering about the vast sums of money being handed out to outside managers with very little in the way of return. Galbally and Omagh are two of the prime examples-by all accounts Omagh were a total shambles last night
heard that jonny mc bride is on his last legs with galbally,a defeat this weekend and he s brown bread
Is McBride not also currently serving a suspension?

Onthe40

Fair play to Eglish, always thought them to be good hard working side who now prove capable of mixing it with the heavyweights.

Regarding Omagh, something has to be fundamentally wrong there, getting thumpings like that.. i believe they had a strong enough side out against Carrickmore....saw them once or twice last year and thought they were an excellent side.

Dell

At Omagh game they are still missing 4 or 5 and players coming back are a long long way of match fitness. Last years minors are only leaders! Carmen playing as well as I have seen in a few years very impressive high workrate and moving ball quickly they will take some beating.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Club Rossa

Ardboe 2-11 Trillick 1-8 ft.
Trillick led 1-8 to 0-7 with about 12 mins left but Ardboe finished strongly,hitting 2 goals inside a minute which sealed the win.

Club Rossa

EC Unique

Have you seen the draw? ::)

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: EC Unique on June 11, 2011, 09:22:17 PM

EC is there a new draw after first found or has that been decided?

Have you seen the draw? ::)
First on the field and last to leave

Norf Tyrone

That was some scoreline last night. Carrickmore III 0-0 Dungannon 0-1!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone