Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick999

I see the Ryan Mellon sending off has made today's Irish Times !!
Not even a mention of the result either ...

Tyrone may have to field without Mellon

TYRONE: Ryan Mellon could be ruled out of Tyrone's Ulster senior football championship semi-final against Donegal on June 15th after being sent off in a club game last night.

Mellon received a straight red card in first-half stoppage time in Moy's senior football championship clash with Kildress.

© 2007 The Irish Times

Quarterback

Galbally suffered there second concetuive championship defeat in two years under the management of paddy tally.  The team looked very nervous and in truth found it difficult to compete with the far superior dromore team.  Dormore managed to snuff out the threat of the pearses main men and in turn were not able to put scores on the board.  In deed a missed penalty and another golakeeping error for the second week running didnt help our cause.

Galbally produced nowhere near the form or recent weeks and it seems in the white heat of championship alot of the guys struggle to preform...whether its nerves or whatever i dont know but it certainly it was a dissapointing preformance.  It is however important to note that dromore have been around a while and in building a successful team you must suffer such defeats in order to learn.

Of all the other weekends results i was most impressed with errigal allbeit they were up against nothing. I feel that along with dromore they are the two favourites for the title.  Coalisland again werent tested and against a poor loughmacrory team racked up a big score,  The next round will show what they are made off.  For galbally its back to the leauge next week where securing our status in 1a becomes a priority. 

amigo

Its good to see the Moy men on crying already. Poor wee Sean is only 6'3 and poor wee Colm is only 6'4. If they would quit crying on the field and concentrate a bit more on playing maybe you would be in the next round of the championship.

loughshore lad

Fair play to cookstown for their victory over Ardboe on friday night they probably just about deserved it. Ardboe seemed very flat with the team lacking any bite for the majority of the game - they will probably reel out the ususal excuses poor management, bad referee etc etc however the reality is too many of these players have the talent but they dont have the mentality.
As regards the game itself I thought mugsy played pretty well - he scored a number of free kicks, at least one point from play, took his goal extremely well and probably most importantly won the last kickout of the game with a great catch when the game was in the melting pot. Mulgrew was anonymous. Tommy was good when he actually got the ball played to him his point from play in the second half to put Ardboe 2 points up was sublime.

amigo

Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #1890 on: May 25, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Predictions for the weekend:
Dromore to beat Galbally
Ardboe to beat Cookstown
Donaghmore to beat Clonoe
Coalisland to beat Loughmacrory
Errigal to beat Kileeshil
Kildress to beat Moy.

5 out of 6 not bad if i say so myself

MoyMan

Quote from: amigo on May 28, 2007, 09:14:56 AM
Its good to see the Moy men on crying already. Poor wee Sean is only 6'3 and poor wee Colm is only 6'4. If they would quit crying on the field and concentrate a bit more on playing maybe you would be in the next round of the championship.

If it was a county game Amigo, and the lads were being dragged down almost every time they were on the ball - blantantly interupting passages of play - which could have (we'll never know) have resulted in scores. Would you not be angered????

The fact is that they are trying to concentrate on playing the game but aren't being given the opportunity or protection that everyone deserves and usually gets.

If Kildress had have concentrated on playing football yesterday evening there is no doubt in my mind that they would NOT be in the next round of the championship. Moy would have wiped them aside and Kildress knew this before the game.

amigo

So good tactics by kildress knocked the Moy out of the championshio is what you are telling me. If your main men were not diving round looking frees all the time maybe they would get more protection.

MoyMan

You say diving around looking frees, yet i have read on this thread that they were being dragged and rugby tackled every time they got the ball!!! - yes great tactics by Kildress to dump Moy out of the O'neill cup :-\

Good luck to yous in the remainder of the Championship, fully deserved QF place

amigo

I am not a kildress man. I was a neutral at the game but good to see you are being gracious in defeat. :-X

MoyMan

As a neuteral at the game im surprised you have such a different opinion on the way the game panned out than Sam 03/05.

Have you some personal dislike of the Cavanagh brothers?

amigo

No nothing personal but do have to admit they do a lot of diving around waving thier arms in the air anytime a tackle is put on them. Im sure they are lovely lads XX. theres a  few kisses for them. ;)

Quarterback

Of Course in every club game county players will get a hard time......Its the only chance the ordinary club footballer gets a chance to test himself against the county men....Off course whats more important is for the ordinary club player to hear that night in the bar, 'you roastes such and such'  Nakes them feel special......off course alot off it is down to jealousy....simple as that...

orangeman

I've already heard the Ardboe excuses - bad management, poor subs, poor switches, poor refereeing, the sun was in their eyes, Brian Mc Guigan's injury, the Lucozade Sport not being warm enough, blisters on their feet, match didn't start on time, the jerseys weren't washed with Ariel Auotmatic and dried with Lenor Fresh Spring flavour, the oranges at half time had seeds in them, the physios hands were too rough, the ball was a bit too hard, the grass was too long in Annagher, there wasn't enough injury time played,the steps up to the pitch were a bit steep, the supporters were vocal enough etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. - but guess what ????

Not one mention of their own performances - granted there are some who will hold their hands up and say they weren't good enough. But too many players who have about 100 excuses ready. Until they get mentally tough and physically tough ( which they haven't been now in a good few years, ever since some of the older hands retired ) Ardboe are going nowhere. The last time they won the O'Neill Cup, the older hands won it for the young boys. Until this group toughens up, just forget about it.

So grow up, wise up, toughen up and get your fingers out of your holes and get on with it..........................

THIS IS A REALITY CHECK - TAKE HEED.

Star Spangler

never kickt a ball