Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 03, 2011, 09:45:09 AM
Unless I completely misread it Kevin Hughes made an idiot out of himself in the Times during the week. He was complaining about the Tyrone Down u21 game not being settled on the night (presume he wanted more extra time) and having to go to 2 replays. He said that Tyrone had eventually came through a tough 3rd game on Saturday night in Armagh. The problem was this was Tuesday and the 3rd game didn't take place to the next day. Someone must have told him result and he took it at face value. How he gets paid to write a column about Tyrone gaa I dont know.
Not the first time this 'journalist' has made a hames of things. Who reads his tripe anyway?

torres

Quote from: fat head on April 02, 2011, 10:19:46 AM
Quote from: torres on April 01, 2011, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: fat head on April 01, 2011, 09:40:26 AM
Quote from: torres on March 30, 2011, 07:20:31 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 28, 2011, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: torres on March 26, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on March 26, 2011, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: new devil on March 25, 2011, 08:18:10 PM
:D You must have the same personality as your username. A ladyboy!!!
What happened did the big bad Kildress boys push you about?

***Fixed

Don't worry Torres, we all know that they like. But you are safer saying nothing, they get a little sensitive/upset when we mention their atrocious track record! A team does tend to get a little/narky/physical/dirty when they are over the hill.
l
you obsivously were,nt at the game but new devil with your username suits being assoiated with that bunch of thugs , their so called manager was no better either .
not worried now final whistle as were all safely home [ just about ] but i have heard all about this club/spokesman and they did,nt let anyone down but themselves . numpties the lot of them .

Just picking up on this point - Is this the Granemore Challenge game your on about? I wasn't at it but I was talking to a few of the boys after it and they didn't seem to say much or complain about dirt, only that Granemore finished with 14 men whilst the tones finished with 15. 2nd hand info as i'm sure will be pointed out but its the info I have.
What in particular annoyed you Torres?
our player retalited to persistant tripping from his marker who was just looking to start something and of course ref seen nothing until our player struck out then our other cf was struck from behind because his marker beleived he had taken out one of his teamates in the build up of play , there so called manager then began sustained mouthing at the injured victim of this cowardly assault when he had,nt commited any offence ,also  this thug stayed on the field and ref did,nt see it either  just felt there was no need for any of it as they showed  no respect or restraint on the field or the sidelines towards a team only looking to play a challenge game .

I've actually had to register on the board to get replying to your nonsense post torres!  I usually just spectate and have a good laugh at the posts, especially the jousting between final whistle and my own club mates. However boys like u really annoy me when they come on and try to tarnish our club with lies.  After your last post I seriopusly doubt if you were at the match.  I was as I was playing and the version of events u have outlined is so far from the truth as to be laughable.  Two of our players wer 'done' for want of a better term within the first minute of the match as Granmore seemed to want to make a statement, perhaps based on our previous reputation, that they were going to be physical.  The man that was sent off was then lined fairly early on not for retaliation as u have stated but for a ridiculously late knee to a man on the ground some 2 or 3 seconds after he had been taken out by another of ur players and a free awarded, right in front of the ref who had no choice but to line him.  The player fouled was a lad of 18 whos light oas a feather and has no dirt in him at all so ur claim of retaliation is a joke.  Your corner forward also got away with a few kicks which went unseen by the ref, i'm sure he got a bit of comeuppance for that but if u play with fire ur gona get burned as the saying goes.  I can assure u that that we played well within the rules, we may have played on the line  (and perhaps a few times on the wrong side of it) in the past but this was certainly not one of these occassions.  Maybe ur mates need to toughen up and if u were indeed at the match u need to get that overactive imagination of urs sorted, it could get u into trouble.  Perhaps a few sessions of counselling might sort it out
i,m sticking by what i said and i,ve talked to 4/5 of the lads playing including the injured player and they are all of the same opinion as myself .  you can say what you like which your entilted [ though no word of that so called scummy manager and his antics ] but the injured player did,nt resort to these tactics and why should he as he was skinning his marker everytime so he had to stop him the only why he knows by cowardly striking him from behind [ not seen by ref   ]. why would anyone need to toughen up at this stage of the season as it was only supposed to be a challenge . our challenges lie in the months ahead not in 60 mins in a bog under lights at the end of march . so you dont need to come on here re; tarnishing your club  . thats long tarnished  and will continue to be .  end off .

So you werent there then?  I dont think many people on the Tyrone board wouldappreciate you callling the man who played chb wen we won our first all ireland scummy and as for our pitch being a bog you obviously have never been to Kildress as we currently have one of the finest training pitches around as anyone who has been there will testify.  Way back till Granemore and quit yer crying.  Did any of you friends tell u the score?  THink it finished 1-10 to 0-4 so it looks like none of our defence got too bad a skinning
i,ll say it again [ SCUMMY ]  its the only way to describe this person  :-\ the game was actually was played in 3 x 20 mins .but again no mention in your posts of the player who threw a cowardly punch or that scummy manager both of which would be deemed highly of not keeping in spirit of the game or indeed the gaa .  the player in question [ only got playing the first twenty ] had to be taken of for his own safety despite being a victim of a cowardly punch and a barrage of abuse from a so called LEGEND [ sc**bag ]and we travelled minus 8/9 regulars so ya,s did,nt score too much yourselves against a makeshift team  you,s i,ll never be known as anything else and everyone in tyrone know this  :-[

Aaron Boone

Is it time Tyrone did up a good 2nd ground like Donegal have done?

Redhand Santa

I know its out dated and needs work but Dungannon is a good venue for games like today. Much rather watch league games there than Omagh. Far better atmosphere and everyone close to the action. Omagh is just to open and Tyrone don't tend to play well there during the winter. Would also say Tyrone probably have a better record in Dungannon.

Archie Mitchell

Good atmosphere alright at Dungannon compared to Omagh but the facilities are shocking and not fit to host a game with a crowd of that size today. Dungannon hasn't changed much in my times heading to it, and I'm suprised they haven't done any work to it to improve it.

Norf Tyrone

Thought Moby and Mickey spoke very well on the news today and represented the GAA in Tyrone well, where once again Tyrone and all Gaels reacted to a tragedy in the best possible way.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Quarterback

Revised Division 2 Fixtures

Round 1 – W/E 17 April
Aghyaran  v  Pomeroy
Augher  v  Gortin
Edendork  v  Stewartstown
Galbally  v  Newtownstewart
Kildress  v  Eskra
Loughmacrory  v  Clann na Gael
Strabane  v  Rock
Urney  v  Killyman

Round 2-  W/E 24 April
Augher  v  Stewartstown
Clann na Gael  v  Galbally
Gortin  v  Strabane
Kildress  v  Aghyaran
Killyman  v  Eskra
Pomeroy  v  Newtownsteart
Rock  v  Edendork
Urney  v  Loughmacrory

Round 3 – W/E 1 May
Clann na Gael  v  Pomeroy
Edendork  v  Augher
Eskra  v  Aghyaran
Galbally  v  Rock
Kildress  v  Urney
Loughmacrory  v  Gortin
Newtownstewart  v  Killyman
Strabane  v  Stewartstown

Round 4 – W/E 8th May
Aghyaran  v  Rock
Augher  v  Loughmacrory
Galbally  v  Edendork
Killyman  v  Gortin
Newtownstewart  v  Clann na Gael
Pomeroy  v  Urney
Stewartstown  v  Eskra
Strabane  v  Kildress

Round 5 – W/E 15th May
Edendork  v  Urney
Eskra  v  Newtownstewart
Gortin v Galbally
Killyman  v  Strabane
Loughmacrory  v  Aghyaran
Pomeroy  v  Augher
Rock  v  Kildress
Stewartstown  v  Clann naGael

Round 6 – W/E 22nd May
Aghyaran  v  Edendork
Galbally  v  Strabane
Gortin  v  Eskra
Kildress  v  Augher
Killyman  v  Clann na Gael
Loughmacrory  v  Pomeroy
Rock  v  Urney
Stewartstown  v  Newtownstewart

Round 7 * - W/E 29th May
Aghyaran  v  Killyman
Clann na Gael  v  Augher
Eskra  v  Pomeroy
Edendork  v  Gortin
Rock  v  Newtownstewart
Stewartstown  v  Kildress
Strabane  v  Loughmacrory
Urney  v  Galbally

Round 8 – W/E 5 June
Augher  v  Killyman
Clann na Gael  v  Urney
Gortin  v  Aghyaran
Kildress  v  Galbally
Loughmacrory  v  Eskra
Newtownstewart  v  Strabane
Pomeroy  v  Edendork
Rock  v  Stewartstown

Round 9 – W/E 12th June
Edendork  v  Loughmacrory
Eskra  v  Clann na Gael
Gortin  v  Rock
Killyman  v  Galbally
Newtownstewart  v  Kildress
Stewartstown  v  Aghyaran
Strabane  v  Pomeroy
Urney  v  Augher

Round 10* - W/E 19th June
Aghyaran  v  Newtownstewart
Edendork  v  Clann na Gael
Galbally  v  Eskra
Kildress  v Gortin
Pomeroy  v  Killyman
Rock  v  Augher
Stewartstown  v  Loughmacrory
Urney  v  Strabane

Round 11 – W/E 26 June
Aghyaran  v  Strabane
Augher  v  Galbally
Clann na Gael  v  Gortin
Eskra  v  Edendork
Loughmacrory  v  Kildress
Rock  v  Killyman
Stewartstown  v  Pomeroy
Urney  v  Newtownstewart

Round 12 – W/E 3 July
Aghyaran  v  Galbally
Augher  v  Strabane
Kildress  v  Clann na Gael
Eskra  v  Rock
Loughmacrory  v  Killyman
Newtownstewart  v  Edendork
Pomeroy  v  Gortin
Stewartstown  v  Urney

Round 13 * - Wed 6th July
Clann na Gael  v  Aghyaran
Eskra  v  Strabane
Galbally  v  Stewartstown
Gortin  v  Urney
Kildress  v  Pomeroy
Killyman  v  Edendork
Loughmacrory  v  Rock
Newtownstewart  v  Augher

Round 14 * W/E 24th July
Augher  v  Aghyaran
Clann na Gael  v  Rock
Gortin  v  Stewartstown
Killyman  v  Kildress
Newtownstewart  v  Loughmacrory
Pomeroy  v  Galbally
Strabane  v  Edendork
Urney  v  Eskra

Round 15 – W/E 14 August
Edendork  v  Kildress
Eskra  v  Augher
Galbally  v  Loughmacrory
Killyman  v  Stewartstown
Newtownstewart  v  Gortin
Rock  v  Pomeroy
Strabane  v  Clann na Gael
Urney  v  Aghyaran

EC Unique

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 04, 2011, 07:01:14 PM
Thought Moby and Mickey spoke very well on the news today and represented the GAA in Tyrone well, where once again Tyrone and all Gaels reacted to a tragedy in the best possible way.

Did not see it. Any chance of a link?

KIDDO 4

The following players are requested to attend Tyrone U17 Development Squad trials tomorrow in Kildress at 7:30pm:

Hugh Franey   Beragh
Stephen O'Neill   Brackaville
Tieran Cox   Cappagh
Patrick Fox   Cappagh
Caolan Harvey   Castlederg
Padraig Kerlin   Clann Na Gael
Eamon Duffin   Clonoe
Daryl Mc Gee   Clonoe
Padraig Hampsey   Coalisland
Shea Rankin   Coalisland
Eoghan O'Connor   Cookstown
Barry Potter   Cookstown
Oisin Maguire   Cookstown
John Mc Ivor   Cookstown
Ciaran Blake   Cookstown
Caolan Coney   Derrylaughan
Peter Mc Kenna   Donaghmore
Aidan Lavery    Donaghmore
Deasun Quinn   Donaghmore
Colm O'Neill   Dromore
Ruairi Sludden   Dromore
Ronan Mc Nabb   Dromore
James Colgan   Drumragh
Tommy Murphy   Drumragh
Daniel Touhey   Greencastle
Paul Mullin    Kildress
Denis Mullin   Kildress
Gavin Corey   Kildress
Brendan Donaghy   Loughmacrory
Enda Curran   Loughmacrory
Eoin Mullan   Loughmacrory
Daniel Beattie   Moy
Stephen Murphy   Omagh
Sean Canavan   Omagh
Conor Myler   Omagh
Darren Mc Menamin   Omagh
Diarmaid Carroll   Rock
Nathan O'Neill   Stewartstown
James Campbell   Stewartstown
Joe Maguire   Trillick
Ruairi Kelly   Trillick
Sean Mc Gowan   Urney
Danny Lynch   Urney
Conor Cullen   Naomh Mhuire
Daire Conway   Naomh Mhuire
Conleth Mc Geary   Naomh Mhuire
Cormac Bradley   Gortin
Martin Kirk   Glenelly
Conal Travors   Carrickmore
Pascal Donnelly   Errigal Ciaran
David Kelly   Errigal Ciaran
Sean Mc Kenna   Errigal Ciaran
Terry Traynor   Errigal Ciaran
Darragh Kavanagh   Clogher
Brian Gavin   Derrytresk
Caolan Corr   Derrytresk
Gareth Devlin   Derrytresk
Ethan O'Kane   Strabane
Chris Gillen   Greencastle
Ciaran Mc Geary   Pomeroy
Padraig Mc Ginn   Dungannon
Matthew O'Neill   Derrylaughan
Ryan Mc Elroy   Strabane
Eamon Donnelly   Errigal Ciaran
Padraig Bell   Brocagh
Stephen Mc Aleer   Cappagh

PatrickWhack

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 03, 2011, 06:40:52 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 03, 2011, 09:45:09 AM
Unless I completely misread it Kevin Hughes made an idiot out of himself in the Times during the week. He was complaining about the Tyrone Down u21 game not being settled on the night (presume he wanted more extra time) and having to go to 2 replays. He said that Tyrone had eventually came through a tough 3rd game on Saturday night in Armagh. The problem was this was Tuesday and the 3rd game didn't take place to the next day. Someone must have told him result and he took it at face value. How he gets paid to write a column about Tyrone gaa I dont know.
Not the first time this 'journalist' has made a hames of things. Who reads his tripe anyway?

Agree totally.

A sharp tongue is no indication of a keen mind.

There has to be a couple of good writers in Tyrone, somewhere. Law of averages. He's no Brendan Crossan or Humphries! :)

Hilltresk

Eugene McConnell- Terrible at this job. A lot of problems over the last two years. As the above post says everything done at short notice. Last year we were to play in Under 14 quarter final. It was a re-fixed match. He phoned me at 5 O'Clock saying that the game would be at 6.40 that evening in Gortin. I told him to catch himself on. Less than an hour and a half notice. Jesus wept. This was one of a few incidents.

This is just my opinion. I do not represent the GAA community as a whole. But I should.

ceol agus peil

Tyrone 1.9 Fermanagh 3.10 , in ULster minor league played tonight in Enniskillen .
Sent from my iphone

illdecide

Lads if there is any Edendork men on board here could you give me a PM, need to contact someone within your club
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Dell

Mrs Canavan, mother of peter passed away this morning. RIP
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

EC Unique

She has been very ill for a while now. RIP Sarah.