Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: Bensars on March 31, 2011, 10:53:30 PM
I think the fixtures on the website have been changed yet again!

There's at least one round if not two missing from that list.

Absolute shambles

You said it!

Bensars

Also factor in senior football starting in two weeks and the demands of many clubs to include some minors, it's not a positive message in a county that has prided itself in youth development over  the last 15 years.

on the sideline

Cant open any minor fixtures on website now???

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: on the sideline on March 31, 2011, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 31, 2011, 10:42:48 PM
Just see that all the fixtures are changed again. Games off this Sunday now, and pushed back out a few weeks!

Where did you see this?  Hope its true...

Email sent to clubs earlier tonight.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

loughshore lad

Quote from: on the sideline on March 31, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Minor fixtures are a joke.  Clubs given final fixtures end of Feb, and find out this Sunday past that minor fixtures completely on changed from rnd 2 on, and that the season which was supposed to run from 27 March (went ahead as originally scheduled) to middle of May, now runs from 27 March to 27 April.  A season over in a month! (Something which i don't think clubs are aware of this as theses fixtures are only available on the Tyrone website.)  Whats the point of that?  Any minor not playing senior or reserve football and overage for u16s has no football for 11 months of year, ridiculous!  Pick up any sort of a niggle and chance are your out for the season.  In some cases clubs are being asked by the county board to play Rnd 2,3 & 4 in the space of 7 days, when there was uproar from the same board when it was suggested that the Tyrone u21s may have to play 3 in 10 days!  For those clubs playing 3 games in a week that will be half their league played, half a league season in a week, does anyone think that this is acceptable.  I haven't even started on fellas playing senior r reserve, county or school football at the same time as this, and school work on top....  Has the issue of burn out disappeared from the vocabulary of the County Board, or is it only muted when it suits them?  In my opinion if anyone feels that the revised minor schedule is acceptable, and that there is nothing wrong 3 games in a week, half a season in a week, and a season lasting 1 month, then they should have nothing to do with youth football as they clearly have no regards for the well being of the players.  I hope that there is enough dissent in the county that something has to be done, and if no one in the county board sees this as a problem then i would question whether they should be there in the first place.

Rant over...

Hard to argue with any of that.

Club football would appear very much to becoming of less and less importance within Tyrone.  Look at last year - senior championship postponed at the drop of the senior managements hat, minor season severely disrupted apparently at the request of the minor management, the U21 compettion was an even bigger farce.

Then you have the millions being pumped into Garvaghey.

Where are they going, what does the future hold for clubs  ???

Tommo2

Quote from: loughshore lad on April 01, 2011, 08:08:03 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on March 31, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Minor fixtures are a joke.  Clubs given final fixtures end of Feb, and find out this Sunday past that minor fixtures completely on changed from rnd 2 on, and that the season which was supposed to run from 27 March (went ahead as originally scheduled) to middle of May, now runs from 27 March to 27 April.  A season over in a month! (Something which i don't think clubs are aware of this as theses fixtures are only available on the Tyrone website.)  Whats the point of that?  Any minor not playing senior or reserve football and overage for u16s has no football for 11 months of year, ridiculous!  Pick up any sort of a niggle and chance are your out for the season.  In some cases clubs are being asked by the county board to play Rnd 2,3 & 4 in the space of 7 days, when there was uproar from the same board when it was suggested that the Tyrone u21s may have to play 3 in 10 days!  For those clubs playing 3 games in a week that will be half their league played, half a league season in a week, does anyone think that this is acceptable.  I haven't even started on fellas playing senior r reserve, county or school football at the same time as this, and school work on top....  Has the issue of burn out disappeared from the vocabulary of the County Board, or is it only muted when it suits them?  In my opinion if anyone feels that the revised minor schedule is acceptable, and that there is nothing wrong 3 games in a week, half a season in a week, and a season lasting 1 month, then they should have nothing to do with youth football as they clearly have no regards for the well being of the players.  I hope that there is enough dissent in the county that something has to be done, and if no one in the county board sees this as a problem then i would question whether they should be there in the first place.

Rant over...

Hard to argue with any of that.

Club football would appear very much to becoming of less and less importance within Tyrone.  Look at last year - senior championship postponed at the drop of the senior managements hat, minor season severely disrupted apparently at the request of the minor management, the U21 compettion was an even bigger farce.

Then you have the millions being pumped into Garvaghey.

Where are they going, what does the future hold for clubs  ???

Too right. The new fixture list for the Senior football season seems very positive, but time will tell whether the Tyrone management allow this to actually happen.

It is very important to keep the minor and U21 season run smoothly and with consistency. This is the age level where many young players lose interest easily and stop playing. A stop-start season like last year does nothing for the minor and U21 players.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Clubs every right to feel aggrieved at the annual shambles that is youth fixtures in Tyrone-the slapdash attitude and moving of games at a whim all too commomplace. However-clubs still keep voting the same man into the position as youth fixtures secretary or else no-one has the gumption to stand up against the current incumbent

fat head

Quote from: torres on March 30, 2011, 07:20:31 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 28, 2011, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: torres on March 26, 2011, 10:47:24 PM
Quote from: Final Whistle on March 26, 2011, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: new devil on March 25, 2011, 08:18:10 PM
:D You must have the same personality as your username. A ladyboy!!!
What happened did the big bad Kildress boys push you about?

***Fixed

Don't worry Torres, we all know that they like. But you are safer saying nothing, they get a little sensitive/upset when we mention their atrocious track record! A team does tend to get a little/narky/physical/dirty when they are over the hill.
l
you obsivously were,nt at the game but new devil with your username suits being assoiated with that bunch of thugs , their so called manager was no better either .
not worried now final whistle as were all safely home [ just about ] but i have heard all about this club/spokesman and they did,nt let anyone down but themselves . numpties the lot of them .

Just picking up on this point - Is this the Granemore Challenge game your on about? I wasn't at it but I was talking to a few of the boys after it and they didn't seem to say much or complain about dirt, only that Granemore finished with 14 men whilst the tones finished with 15. 2nd hand info as i'm sure will be pointed out but its the info I have.
What in particular annoyed you Torres?
our player retalited to persistant tripping from his marker who was just looking to start something and of course ref seen nothing until our player struck out then our other cf was struck from behind because his marker beleived he had taken out one of his teamates in the build up of play , there so called manager then began sustained mouthing at the injured victim of this cowardly assault when he had,nt commited any offence ,also  this thug stayed on the field and ref did,nt see it either  just felt there was no need for any of it as they showed  no respect or restraint on the field or the sidelines towards a team only looking to play a challenge game .

I've actually had to register on the board to get replying to your nonsense post torres!  I usually just spectate and have a good laugh at the posts, especially the jousting between final whistle and my own club mates. However boys like u really annoy me when they come on and try to tarnish our club with lies.  After your last post I seriopusly doubt if you were at the match.  I was as I was playing and the version of events u have outlined is so far from the truth as to be laughable.  Two of our players wer 'done' for want of a better term within the first minute of the match as Granmore seemed to want to make a statement, perhaps based on our previous reputation, that they were going to be physical.  The man that was sent off was then lined fairly early on not for retaliation as u have stated but for a ridiculously late knee to a man on the ground some 2 or 3 seconds after he had been taken out by another of ur players and a free awarded, right in front of the ref who had no choice but to line him.  The player fouled was a lad of 18 whos light oas a feather and has no dirt in him at all so ur claim of retaliation is a joke.  Your corner forward also got away with a few kicks which went unseen by the ref, i'm sure he got a bit of comeuppance for that but if u play with fire ur gona get burned as the saying goes.  I can assure u that that we played well within the rules, we may have played on the line  (and perhaps a few times on the wrong side of it) in the past but this was certainly not one of these occassions.  Maybe ur mates need to toughen up and if u were indeed at the match u need to get that overactive imagination of urs sorted, it could get u into trouble.  Perhaps a few sessions of counselling might sort it out

Final Whistle

Welcome Fat Head, I shall enjoy winding you up in the future. Its good to get a second opinion from Kildress of someone who was at the game and now we have two sides to the argument so people can make their own judgement. I shall be keeping my counsel on mine as Omagh Gael/s have threathened to take a high court injunction against Final Whistle if he comments on the tones disciplinary record again. The Omagh St.Enda's 16th player must be getting some challange games of their own in but I do hope we are not waiting to winter to see the tail end in the chamionship because some club appeals. Now I have heard of physios and psychologists and dieticians but Omagh are really setting a trend. Not only are they coached and managed by two "volunteers" but they have a legal team that would rival the moriarty tribunal.

(Edit-before anyone says otherwise I know we won't be involved in the tail end of the championship and therefore won;t affect me!)

ceol agus peil

Omagh Cbs were defeated by StPats Maghera in the Dalton cup quarter final this afternoon in Ardboe
Sent from my iphone

torres

Quote from: fat head on April 01, 2011, 09:40:26 AM

***Fixed

Don't worry Torres, we all know that they like. But you are safer saying nothing, they get a little sensitive/upset when we mention their atrocious track record! A team does tend to get a little/narky/physical/dirty when they are over the hill.
l
you obsivously were,nt at the game but new devil with your username suits being assoiated with that bunch of thugs , their so called manager was no better either .
not worried now final whistle as were all safely home [ just about ] but i have heard all about this club/spokesman and they did,nt let anyone down but themselves . numpties the lot of them .

Just picking up on this point - Is this the Granemore Challenge game your on about? I wasn't at it but I was talking to a few of the boys after it and they didn't seem to say much or complain about dirt, only that Granemore finished with 14 men whilst the tones finished with 15. 2nd hand info as i'm sure will be pointed out but its the info I have.
our player retalited to persistant tripping from his marker who was just looking to start something and of course ref seen nothing until our player struck out then our other cf was struck from behind because his marker beleived he had taken out one of his teamates in the build up of play , there so called manager then began sustained mouthing at the injured victim of this cowardly assault when he had,nt commited any offence ,also  this thug stayed on the field and ref did,nt see it either  just felt there was no need for any of it as they showed  no respect or restraint on the field or the sidelines towards a team only looking to play a challenge game .

I've actually had to register on the board to get replying to your nonsense post torres!  I usually just spectate and have a good laugh at the posts, especially the jousting between final whistle and my own club mates. However boys like u really annoy me when they come on and try to tarnish our club with lies.  After your last post I seriopusly doubt if you were at the match.  I was as I was playing and the version of events u have outlined is so far from the truth as to be laughable.  Two of our players wer 'done' for want of a better term within the first minute of the match as Granmore seemed to want to make a statement, perhaps based on our previous reputation, that they were going to be physical.  The man that was sent off was then lined fairly early on not for retaliation as u have stated but for a ridiculously late knee to a man on the ground some 2 or 3 seconds after he had been taken out by another of ur players and a free awarded, right in front of the ref who had no choice but to line him.  The player fouled was a lad of 18 whos light oas a feather and has no dirt in him at all so ur claim of retaliation is a joke.  Your corner forward also got away with a few kicks which went unseen by the ref, i'm sure he got a bit of comeuppance for that but if u play with fire ur gona get burned as the saying goes.  I can assure u that that we played well within the rules, we may have played on the line  (and perhaps a few times on the wrong side of it) in the past but this was certainly not one of these occassions.  Maybe ur mates need to toughen up and if u were indeed at the match u need to get that overactive imagination of urs sorted, it could get u into trouble.  Perhaps a few sessions of counselling might sort it out
i,m sticking by what i said and i,ve talked to 4/5 of the lads playing including the injured player and they are all of the same opinion as myself .  you can say what you like which your entilted [ though no word of that so called scummy manager and his antics ] but the injured player did,nt resort to these tactics and why should he as he was skinning his marker everytime so he had to stop him the only why he knows by cowardly striking him from behind [ not seen by ref   ]. why would anyone need to toughen up at this stage of the season as it was only supposed to be a challenge . our challenges lie in the months ahead not in 60 mins in a bog under lights at the end of march . so you dont need to come on here re; tarnishing your club  . thats long tarnished  and will continue to be .  end off .

Aaron Boone

fat head

Quote from: torres on April 01, 2011, 10:51:21 PM
Quote from: fat head on April 01, 2011, 09:40:26 AM

***Fixed

l

i,m sticking by what i said and i,ve talked to 4/5 of the lads playing including the injured player and they are all of the same opinion as myself .  you can say what you like which your entilted [ though no word of that so called scummy manager and his antics ] but the injured player did,nt resort to these tactics and why should he as he was skinning his marker everytime so he had to stop him the only why he knows by cowardly striking him from behind [ not seen by ref   ]. why would anyone need to toughen up at this stage of the season as it was only supposed to be a challenge . our challenges lie in the months ahead not in 60 mins in a bog under lights at the end of march . so you dont need to come on here re; tarnishing your club  . thats long tarnished  and will continue to be .  end off .

So you werent there then?  I dont think many people on the Tyrone board wouldappreciate you callling the man who played chb wen we won our first all ireland scummy and as for our pitch being a bog you obviously have never been to Kildress as we currently have one of the finest training pitches around as anyone who has been there will testify.  Way back till Granemore and quit yer crying.  Did any of you friends tell u the score?  THink it finished 1-10 to 0-4 so it looks like none of our defence got too bad a skinning

ziggysego

This is getting tiring lads, cut it out.
Testing Accessibility

Redhand Santa

Unless I completely misread it Kevin Hughes made an idiot out of himself in the Times during the week. He was complaining about the Tyrone Down u21 game not being settled on the night (presume he wanted more extra time) and having to go to 2 replays. He said that Tyrone had eventually came through a tough 3rd game on Saturday night in Armagh. The problem was this was Tuesday and the 3rd game didn't take place to the next day. Someone must have told him result and he took it at face value. How he gets paid to write a column about Tyrone gaa I dont know.