Strabane Sigersons 2-9 V Drumquin Wolfe Tones 1-7

O'Neills All County League Division 1 Final
Coalisland Fianna 1 – 8 V Errigal Ciaran 1-13

O'Neills All County League Div 3 Reserve 2010
Dungannon Thomas Clarkes 2-6 V Brackaville Owen Roes 0-12

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gerry on November 21, 2010, 04:27:59 PM
Another year in div 3 for the tones i hate to say

Were you at it Gerry? Was there myself but left after full-time (D'oh  ;) ).

Thought we should have buried the ball in the back of the Drumquin net a few times in normal time, bad luck all the same.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gerry

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 21, 2010, 07:11:21 PM

Thought we should have buried the ball in the back of the Drumquin net a few times in normal time, bad luck all the same.

aye, we could have being dead and buried at one time.  On a bright note we will not get relegated next year
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyroneboi

So thats the 2010 club season more or less over for another. 33 weeks (3rd April - 21st November) is a ridiculous length of time for a league season to take to complete. Its not as if this is a one off either its the same year in year out.

KIDDO 4

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 2 Semi Final @ TBC – date and venue to be confirmed

Rock v Brackaville

(In the event of a draw extra time will be played)

Saturday 27th November  @2pm

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 1 Semi Final @ Clonoe

Eglish v Ardboe

Sunday 28th November @ 2.00pm

O'Neills U21 Knockout Grade 1 Quarter Final

Errigal Ciaran v Derrylaughan

EC Unique

Great win for Errigal today in an excellent game. End to end stuff with great play from both teams. Errigal got a fortunate goal in the first half that put them 5 ahead and never looked like loosing after that. I honestly thing Errigal are the best side in Tyrone but we need to show that in the championship. If we play next years championship in the manner that the league semi and final were played we will not be beaten. 

Zapatista

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 21, 2010, 07:11:21 PM

I'd the Champange back in the fridge which will now have to wait till ye reach divison 1 as the moment had passed when word of extra-time came through :D

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on November 21, 2010, 10:26:40 PM
Great win for Errigal today in an excellent game. End to end stuff with great play from both teams. Errigal got a fortunate goal in the first half that put them 5 ahead and never looked like loosing after that. I honestly thing Errigal are the best side in Tyrone but we need to show that in the championship. If we play next years championship in the manner that the league semi and final were played we will not be beaten.

Errigal IMO are the best in the County but as you say EC they need to find the form for next Summer and maintain it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

under the bar

QuoteGreat win for Errigal today in an excellent game. End to end stuff with great play from both teams. Errigal got a fortunate goal in the first half that put them 5 ahead and never looked like loosing after that. I honestly thing Errigal are the best side in Tyrone but we need to show that in the championship. If we play next years championship in the manner that the league semi and final were played we will not be beaten.

Errigal IMO are the best in the County but as you say EC they need to find the form for next Summer and maintain it. 

Agreed but you can't hit 18 wides against the Fianna and expect to win.   Not one forward showed that day and Peter Harte accounted for more than half of the scores.

Family guy

What was with the half time draw in eglish yesterday???It was never called out

EC Unique

Quote from: under the bar on November 22, 2010, 09:23:19 AM
QuoteGreat win for Errigal today in an excellent game. End to end stuff with great play from both teams. Errigal got a fortunate goal in the first half that put them 5 ahead and never looked like loosing after that. I honestly thing Errigal are the best side in Tyrone but we need to show that in the championship. If we play next years championship in the manner that the league semi and final were played we will not be beaten.

Agreed but you can't hit 18 wides against the Fianna and expect to win.   Not one forward showed that day and Peter Harte accounted for more than half of the scores.

Correct, Errigal forwards did not show up on the day yet we were still only a kick of the ball away from winning. I hope the lads learned a lesson that day and correct it next season. It is a young panel that could win Championships if they perform to their potential. I guess that could be said about a few sides in Tyrone at present.

rrhf

Quote from: under the bar on November 22, 2010, 09:23:19 AM

I disagree and find the views quite arrogant.  Coalisland would have had their peak this year and their business was done by league final day. One fact remains Errigal havent won a c'ship nor played in a final since Peter retired and I dont think they have made an impression since to be fair outside league football.  I know years when bad luck, referrees, or loss of focus cost many clubs in big games against the likes of Carmen and Errigals who then went on to win championships.  You didnt hear these clubs claiming they were the best in the county...  I think  Coalisland are the best team in the county because they won the big prize guys.         

Club Rossa

Would have to agree that Coalisland are the best team in Tyrone because they are county champions.I wasn't at the game yesterday but i would imagine that after losing to Glenties last weekend that the  Fianna would have been on a real downer going into yesterday's game.

ziggysego

Quote from: rrhf on November 22, 2010, 10:07:43 AM
I disagree and find the views quite arrogant.  Coalisland would have had their peak this year and their business was done by league final day. One fact remains Errigal havent won a c'ship nor played in a final since Peter retired and I dont think they have made an impression since to be fair outside league football.  I know years when bad luck, referrees, or loss of focus cost many clubs in big games against the likes of Carmen and Errigals who then went on to win championships.  You didnt hear these clubs claiming they were the best in the county...  I think  Coalisland are the best team in the county because they won the big prize guys.         

In total agreement with you. It's a  bareface cheek to claim that Errigal are the best team in the County, but just didn't perform on the day. Coalisland motored along quite nicely in the Championship and the League and hit their peak at the right time.

Coalisland are deserved Championship winners and therefore are the best team in the County this year. No ifs or buts from other teams.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Calm down lads. Its just my opinion. Well done to Coalisland on their win this year and as Enda said in his speech yesterday they have the one everyone else wants and he congratulated them on that. I am just taking encouragement from our 2 in a row league titles and the fact that for 3 years in a row we have been put out by the eventual Championship winners. 2010 is now over. Bring on 2011.

By the way Ziggy, do you think Dublin are a better side than Tyrone?