Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Apparantly Sean Cavanagh wanted another club game under his belt...& he wasn't allowed!

...Suggests McGuigan had no chance of playing for Tyrone next week, does that shock anyone!?

loughshore lad

Brian McGuigan sustained an eye injury playing in the reserve game yesterday. As far as I know Brian chose to play in the game himself - it was nothing to do with Mickey Harte giving him permission and stopping others like Cavanagh for example playing for their clubs. Conflicting reports about the seriousness of the injury at this stage.

ONeill

That's a tremendous run of bad luck for McGuigan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

unreal, best  of luck to him. 

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: loughshore lad on May 14, 2007, 08:39:03 AM
Brian McGuigan sustained an eye injury playing in the reserve game yesterday. As far as I know Brian chose to play in the game himself - it was nothing to do with Mickey Harte giving him permission and stopping others like Cavanagh for example playing for their clubs. Conflicting reports about the seriousness of the injury at this stage.

I had heard Micky Harte had arranged a training session to coincide with the league fixtures yesterday, therefore NOT giving the players a choice!

McGuigan was obviously given dispensation!!

orangeman

Brian Mc Guigan has indeed suffered a very serious eye injury - the least of his concern would be the superficial stitches which are external - the real damage is to the eye itslef with damage to the retina etc etc - he is unable to see much at the moment - imagine targeting a man like this who is just a total footballer ?? Hope he gets better soon and that he regains his sight - 

Fuzzman

Was there any more of you at that match yesterday?

Is it true then that 2 Aghyaran players intentionally took him out or was it more of an accident?
Was he playing rings round them then.

Was there any backlash afterwards?

realredhandfan

Id doubt that anyone would take Brian out deliberately but if they did with an elbow or whatever id fully expect them to be punished severely. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 14, 2007, 12:43:36 PM
Was there any more of you at that match yesterday?

Is it true then that 2 Aghyaran players intentionally took him out or was it more of an accident?
Was he playing rings round them then.

Was there any backlash afterwards?

I was at the game and from my view point I couldnt say for definite if they did or did not take him out of it.
He was his usual masterful self totally dictating the flow of the game up until that. There was no backlash surprisingly enough as in the past number of seasons things have been hot and heavy a few times between the reserve teams up in Aghayarn.

Carmen Stateside

Any word on the Carrickmore game?? Wee Roddy you still around ???

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 14, 2007, 04:10:44 PM
What I'd like to know is what on earth was Brian McGuigan doing playing in a reserves game?
Surely he'd be on Ardboe's list of 12?

Probably wanted to ease himself back into football and not risk injury..... didn't work out :(
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

very bad news for both club and county.

Hope he recovers fully

KIDDO

Big Oz did not do goals at Healy Park , in the game with omagh.

sam03/05

mcguigan was playing reserves as no Tyrone player can play fot their senior club side before the championship.
Think they are still permitted to play reserve football in order to regain fitness etc

orangeman

Brian would have been fine playing reserves anywhere else but Aghyaran except two arseholes decided to be heroes just for the day and take him out, leave him with no vision and a pile of stitches - the same pair will undoubtedly be running round Clones cheering on Tyrone !!!!!!!!!!!! Arseholes !