Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chewingthewire

who is the blower on sundays county final?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Wee Roddy

I near dropped my coffee at the counter when another referee told me 10 minutes ago that McHugh was awarded it last night. It is a staggering decision

isourboydownyet

can any of you tyrone men settle a bet?in todays irish news there is a interview with damien o'hagan ahead of the county final and above the interview there is a picture saying it's damien,well i think,in fact i am pretty sure thats a picture of kevin mccabe.can any of you confirm this?

MR99

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 19, 2010, 10:00:02 AM
can any of you tyrone men settle a bet?in todays irish news there is a interview with damien o'hagan ahead of the county final and above the interview there is a picture saying it's damien,well i think,in fact i am pretty sure thats a picture of kevin mccabe.can any of you confirm this?
Its definitely McCabe, they look similar except O'Hagan is not as fond of the Grecian 2000 ;)

nrico2006

They are forever putting pictures in with the wrong names beside them.  I am near sure that it was Saturdays that had a picture of Niall McCosker of Ballinderry and the article and caption was referring to Enda Muldoon.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

I hear there's snow coming this weekend. Hopefully it won't knock the final back.
Testing Accessibility

Tommo2

Quote from: ziggysego on October 19, 2010, 12:50:00 PM
I hear there's snow coming this weekend. Hopefully it won't knock the final back.

We should be ok. The game isnt in Greencastle!!

margaret

is mcgahan starting on sunday, belive he had a stormer in his last game

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 19, 2010, 08:53:17 AM
I near dropped my coffee at the counter when another referee told me 10 minutes ago that McHugh was awarded it last night. It is a staggering decision

Highlights the shape of the referee grading system and will rob the county of a decent game of football on Sunday.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

margaret

Zapatista

Quote from: margaret on October 19, 2010, 11:45:13 PM
who is the refree

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 19, 2010, 08:53:17 AM

Club Rossa

I can only imagine the reaction to that decision up in Carrickmore.

mick the master

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 20, 2010, 08:49:48 AM
I can only imagine the reaction to that decision up in Carrickmore.
Who picks the ref for county finals?is it a group or just one man?

Wee Roddy

From what I can gather the players dont give a dam who is refeering. There was a mechandice sale at the clubrooms last night and there was a general feeling of anger that lack of common sense being used here. Apparently he hot an extremley high score from the assessor after the drawn game. Perhaps its the specators who know nothing about refeering but everyone to a man including Omagh people, left the ground bewildered at some of the decisions.
As a player told me, "Eamon McHugh made mistakes but we kicked 8 balls wide in the 1st 20 mins and that is in our control, the referee is not". It appears to be the party line anyway. Quite mature i thought!