Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Omagh 0-8
C More 0-8  Come on to feck!! Conor Gormley

tyroneboi

Carmen Stateside

Omagh 0-8
C More 0-9 K Mc Nally   go on ye boy ya!!!

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Full time

Carrickmore 0-9
Omagh 0-8

What a comeback from the lads, fair fecks to everyone of them.  Hopefully these two tough games  dont go against them next week in the final.

ziggysego

Jaysus, that was a quare comeback. Congratulations Carrickmore.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on October 16, 2010, 05:29:23 PM
Jaysus, that was a quare comeback. Congratulations Carrickmore.

Srious comeback alright. Leading by 8-4 it looked all over but typical Carmen - never say die attitude.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Bad day for Omagh, threw away (at least) a 6 point lead in the under-16 final and a four point lead in the senior game. Omagh seem to have all the necessary ingredients and early in the first half it looked like it was going to work. But Carmen got stuck into them and turned on the intensity.

Omagh were very negative in the second, overly defensive and lying down very easy. But fair play to Carmen's defense who stepped up their game massively in the second. McGurk and Gormley were immense, providing the leadership. Mark Donnelly had a great game too.

Referee was much better today as well, was fair enough to both teams.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

fitzroyalty

That was my first ever Tyrone SFC match and still not sure what to make of it  :-\
In the first half thought Omagh were cruising and only for some over elaborating on the ball could have been further in front. C'more looked useless unable to execute basic passing and thought there might even have been a whitewash. No7 for Omgh was very impressive. Second half was totally different, think turning point came when Omagh had a chance for a point early on but instead fannied about trying to walk it over the bar, C'more got the turnover and went up and scored. From then on in they chipped away and IMO deservedly won, simply for their never-say-die attitude. Omagh definitely shit in the nest today.

offthefence

a powerful performance from carmen and when questions were asked the players stood up and took the game to omagh with the intensity levels that were required to get the result, everyman played till the finish and in typical carmen spirit,  " what was that francie mooney was writing someting about spirit being gone" he can eat his words now,  omagh displayed some gamesmanship and were lying down at every opportunity young oneill must have been hiding in 2nd half, i think he found out what championship football is all about "balls" and "hunger" if you aint got em uve no errant there.  we will look forward to a county final now and we are back were we belong carmen abu roll on next sunday  :D ;)

Tommo2

Quote from: offthefence on October 16, 2010, 07:34:47 PM
a powerful performance from carmen and when questions were asked the players stood up and took the game to omagh with the intensity levels that were required to get the result, everyman played till the finish and in typical carmen spirit,  " what was that francie mooney was writing someting about spirit being gone" he can eat his words now,  omagh displayed some gamesmanship and were lying down at every opportunity young oneill must have been hiding in 2nd half, i think he found out what championship football is all about "balls" and "hunger" if you aint got em uve no errant there.  we will look forward to a county final now and we are back were we belong carmen abu roll on next sunday  :D ;)

Cant believe Joey McMahon started to run the clock down. He actually played a sideline ball on the 45 metre line back to his keeper with 10 mins to go. Justy was obviously unfit and should have been replaced. He offered very little. Carmen became more physical and the move of Pearse Cunningham onto O'Neill seemed to work. Cathal McCarron came back on as a blood sub to hit a free from 40 metres. He should have put it dead at worst. It dropped short, Carmen went up the field and scored a point to pu 2 in it>. Fair play to Carmen.

skeog

to-day the saying you cannot win with youngsters rang true omagh were outmuscled by a phyisically stronger team who deserve credit for the never say die attitude very dissappointed with omagh so called leaders who went missing late in the game thought 5 mins should have been added on at the end due to the many stoppages

Sure,hit it yourself Ref!

Phew...glad we got out of that one! Would have to agree with Fitzroyalty, only for Omagh doing a bit of over elaborate passing about 5 min into the 2nd half instead of taking their score we would have been gone. In fairness, true determination shone through and the score that we got as a result of that turn over was definitely important.

Again McGurk and Gormley were immense, typical Gormley, whilst not spectacular the whole way through, he could always be counted on him when needed, especially with his last two runs that brought us level and put us in the lead.

The real unsung hero for me today was Benny McLaughlin, he'd an outstanding game in around the middle, dispossessing, turning over and winning alot of his own ball. Only for a bit of wayward shooting he would have had 2 points as well.

Aw well, back in the county final...its been a while!  ;D

Club Rossa

Fantastic comeback from Carmen this evening,it looked a lost cause for them at the break but the traits they are famous for were evident for all to see.They kept plugging away and refused to accept defeat and i think they were deserving winners.
Dean O'Neill and Conor O'Donnell were bombing forward in the 1st half and Ronan O'Neill was causing Carmen all sorts of bother and as i said it looked very bleak for Carmen at ht.Carrickmore's defence tightened up in the 2nd half where i thought McGurk and McLaughlin were immense and restricted Omagh to just one point.
Looking forward to the final and i would be surprised if there was anything more than a point or two in it either way.