Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

What are the grounds for appeal, does anyone know?

Zapatista

I suppose the clubs can't really complain about the County holding up the Championship anymore?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 01, 2010, 11:14:26 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:55:20 PM
Quote from: orangeman on October 01, 2010, 09:41:20 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 09:34:18 PM
Not holding up the games - but the culture of appeal must be laid at the door of MH on many levels.

Jeez lads, but I can't believe the criticism MH gets - now he's responsible for the appeal culture ( I didn't realise there was a culture of appeal - it's been a while since I heard the DRA being talked about ). MH didn't cause the DRA to be set up. Far from it in my view.

MH's players have made appeals as is their right. Omagh are doing the same as is their right and I hope they succeed.

Tyrone supporters weren't unhappy any time an appeal was successful.

I wasnt proud of a couple of the appeals, I'm sure I posted it on here. It's not a big criticism - but Mickey was a big fan of leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of appealing a suspension - rightly or wrongly he was.

Would you have heard of a club going this far to appeal a suspension 10 years ago? One way or another it's becomming much more commonplace in the association now.

Would the Tyrone county board have been handing out suspensions based on video evidence 10 years ago? Is there a proper and transparent way its used? Is every senior championship match watched and scrutinised by a commitee or just high profile incidents? I don't blame Omagh just like I believe Tyrone were correct in their appeals.

Yes, i know all about it!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

So much for respect the referee and process. This sort of thing continues to make a mockery of  the GAA. Now either Carmen or Omagh will have 8 days to prepare for a county final. I thought everyone was getting carried away putting C'more as firm favourites, but it really shows the shallowness of Omagh's squad if they really couldn't manage Sunday.

Several Carmen players had to leave a wedding tonight (including some of the family) to attend a training session that turned out to be a waste of time.

What a total joke. Going by the pathetic things I understand Omagh's solicitor was basing his case on, this is a disgrace.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Club Rossa

Carrickmore will be even more fired up now i would think.Was talking to a few of them last night and they are far from happy.

Tommo2

Quote from: Puckoon on October 01, 2010, 11:22:53 PM
What are the grounds for appeal, does anyone know?

As far as I understand the technical term for the appeal is "...buy Joey McMahon more time to recover from his injury at all costs"

Dell

The Omagh Ardboe game was 2 weeks ago cant believe it took so long for this decision to be made. I dont know what grounds Omagh are appealing on but i believe the ccc must share a lot of the blame. The whole mess started with the appointment of the ref for that game and his performance - yellow carding an Ardboe man twice,  (missed by two linesmen, two umpires, a fourth official and an assessor but not Ardboe who took him off straight away) and then ignoring a row which he was stuck right in the middle of -  both sendings off were linesmens decisions. He then gets a very high rating from the assessor and gets handed a semi final!!!  This is why we have such a mess this weekend. Ultimatly Omagh will regret the decision to go to the DRA which is bound to fire up Carmen. Lets hope the ccc have some regrets about their decisions.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Zapatista

I can't blame Omagh for doing this. I wouldn't expect anything less than pulling out all the stops to gain an advantage.

Club Rossa

As someone else pointed out,if nothing else it will give Joe McMahon another week to recover though i don't know how badly injured he is.

rrhf

Not that Omagh will care but I think the world and his dog will be hoping Carmen teach them a lesson.   

EC Unique

It's a joke. Starting to look like Derry with shit like this. Hope Carmen beat them off the pitch.

up tyrone

At least we now know were the half time draw money goes now,they wont be selling many more tickets now!

Overthebar!

omagh should just take their appeals to the derry county board if they want to get off with it....

rrhf

U16 Grade 1 league semifinal result:
Donaghmore defeated Errigal Ciaran by 2 points today and will now meet Omagh in the Tyrone County League final. 

usa07

has any1 got a link for the kildress coalisland game??