Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 10, 2010, 08:43:22 AM
QuoteFrom what I hear the damage is substantial, a massive blow to Ardboe's aspirations of beating Omagh

Yeah that is a big blow. Hopefully John Mc Conville leaves his shoulder back on the loughshore too! ;)

Sour grapes still flourishing in Omagh I see.
Thought that it's ok to use your shoulder in gaelic football.
No mention I see of Collie McCullagh's poleaxing of Dean O'Neill on Sunday. (But then Collie is not from "the loughshore" - probably luckily for Collie but unluckily for Deano)

Zapatista

omagh_gael

Jaysus man calm down, was a bit of a joke. I actually think McConvilles hit was fair enough.

orangeman

Does anyone know who the Tyrone official is who was referred to in yesterday's Irish News who took a heart attack at last weekend's match ?.

ceol agus peil

Tyrone Minor League HT
Dromore 2-9
Dungannon 1-6
Sent from my iphone

ceol agus peil

Tyrone minor league quarter final dromore 4.16,dungannon,2.10. Full time
Sent from my iphone

Gaffer

Quote from: orangeman on August 10, 2010, 08:09:23 PM
Does anyone know who the Tyrone official is who was referred to in yesterday's Irish News who took a heart attack at last weekend's match ?.

Was wondering that meself.

According to the Tyrone Times he took ill in the Hotel.

Cooney was making out that he took ill on the pitch !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

orangeman

Quote from: Gaffer on August 10, 2010, 09:50:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 10, 2010, 08:09:23 PM

Was wondering that meself.

According to the Tyrone Times he took ill in the Hotel.

Cooney was making out that he took ill on the pitch !!!
[/b]

He was indeed and was using his illness as a reason why people should stay off the pitch - "we were able to get oxygen to him within 2 minutes" -

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ceol agus peil on August 10, 2010, 09:02:17 PM
Tyrone minor league quarter final dromore 4.16,dungannon,2.10. Full time

How come there was a minor quarterfinal tonight? I thought ALL minor games were off??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Derry Optimist

There has been an over analysis on Tyrone's defeat to Dublin. In many major contests the winning team gets the rub of the green. Thanks to a whole-hearted and brilliant defensive display Dublin were able to take advantage of Tyrone's misfortunes. If Martin Penrose had scored  a goal Tyrone would have won. Uncharacteristically the O'Neill County shot 17 wides. Normally at least ten of these would have been scored.A mis-directed attempt at a point was directly responsible for the Dublin goal. As this was scored too near the end there was no time for Tyrone to regain their momentum. So an over emphasis on poor individual performances and bad managerial decisions is totally wrong. In possession terms Tyrone were the superior team. On another day that advantage would have been reflected in the scoreline.

orangeman

Quote from: Derry Optimist on August 10, 2010, 11:38:08 PM

There has been an over analysis on Tyrone's defeat to Dublin. In many major contests the winning team gets the rub of the green. Thanks to a whole-hearted and brilliant defensive display Dublin were able to take advantage of Tyrone's misfortunes. If Martin Penrose had scored  a goal Tyrone would have won. Uncharacteristically the O'Neill County shot 17 wides. Normally at least ten of these would have been scored.A mis-directed attempt at a point was directly responsible for the Dublin goal. As this was scored too near the end there was no time for Tyrone to regain their momentum. So an over emphasis on poor individual performances and bad managerial decisions is totally wrong. In possession terms Tyrone were the superior team. On another day that advantage would have been reflected in the scoreline.
[/b]

No doubt.

Tyrone were extremely unlucky. At 13 each had Tyrone got the next score, it could have been all so different. Poor shot selection and taking the wrong option were their downfall in the main.

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2010, 10:11:05 AM

[/b]

No doubt.

Tyrone were extremely unlucky. At 13 each had Tyrone got the next score, it could have been all so different. Poor shot selection and taking the wrong option were their downfall in the main.

That can't be discounted as a one off though. Shot selection and managerial decisions are equally as important as any other aspect of the game. If you fail badly in these sections you get beat. It's not bad luck it's just not good enough. The best team scores  20 out of 25 chances rather than 15 out of 50 chances.

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on August 11, 2010, 10:21:15 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2010, 10:11:05 AM

[/b]

No doubt.

That can't be discounted as a one off though. Shot selection and managerial decisions are equally as important as any other aspect of the game. If you fail badly in these sections you get beat. It's not bad luck it's just not good enough. The best team scores  20 out of 25 chances rather than 15 out of 50 chances.

Aye but you can't legislate for a ball coming off the cross bar to safety on one side and the ball coming off the post on the other side straight into the arms of a man who  on the day couldn't have hit the gable wall of our pavilion and it falls nicely to him in the square and he can't miss !!!

Had Penrose's shot went in, we'd all be singing a different tune. I think we're being hard on the team - they didn't mean to miss - shit happens. Games turn on small sometimes lucky breaks and Tyrone certainly had no luck against the Dubs that's for sure.

TYRONE HACK

Not a Tyrone official and it happened nearer Jurys Croke Park than Croke Park although Peter Quinn was there, thats the only TRUTH TO IT Mr McKenna

Radda bout yeee

Just thought i'd start the club championship chat. There should be some really intriguing ties. Ardboe & Omagh should be cracker. Think Errigal should beat Coalisland. Its hard to know who'll win the Dromore Carmen game as it looked like Dromore would take it easy when draw was made but Carmen have got a head of steam now. As for the game i have a great interest in - Galbally and Kildress. it could possibly be the two most out of form teams to contest a Q/F ever. Thought Kildress would have been favourites but after the tanking they got from Donaghmore at the weekend i really don't know what way it'll go. Looks like Galbally could go in as favourites now as Kildress looked awful at the weekend!