Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 02, 2010, 08:02:02 AM
Did he get a red for the challenge on Toal?

I thought he got the red (later recinded) for the late shoulder on Andy Mallon on the touch line in Croker. - I'm starting to see a pattern emerge all the same!!  :o

I thought he did well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svZ1iAL4YJU

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 01, 2010, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: amigo on February 01, 2010, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 01, 2010, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: torres on February 01, 2010, 11:46:54 AM
i have no sympathy for s o, neill because he went to do a player [ not for the first time ] but has come of the worst of it himself , a great player but a very poor tackler/challenger  >:(

What rubbish (from an Armagh man with a soccer player's handle, who can't get over the legitimate shoulder tackle on John Toal).

I think that would be very difficult to defend to be honest :o

So why was his sending-off rescinded?

He wasn't sent off for the incident involving John Toal, nor should he have been.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

I thought he got the red (later recinded) for the late shoulder on Andy Mallon on the touch line in Croker. - I'm starting to see a pattern emerge all the same!!  :o

What pattern? I saw nothing wrong with it.

Nice to see the anti-Tyrone brigade out early this year.
Testing Accessibility

myhairyarses

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2010, 01:28:04 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this - have you anything to say about the "treatment" he got, particulary from his direct marker ?

He wasn't going to "do" anybody when he got wrecked.

Justin Mc Mahon ended up with concussion and a few stitches to a head wound.

Donegal crossed the line a good few times.

I honestly can't believe I'm reading this. Not shocked that an Armagh man would come out with this but a Tyrone poster ??????   ??? :o

Jaysus man im only stating the facts. He did try to "do" a Donegal man at 1 stage in the 1st half. All im saying in he has to be 1 of the worst tackler on the team, which has been 1 of our strong points since Harte took over.

As for the treatment he got, again did you not see the treatment Justy, and then Joe, gave young Murphy, when they scored the goal Joe had him pinned to the ground in a rugby tackle. Rose tinted glasses and all that, at least try to be objective. I watched the game again last nite, poor enough, but if SON had to have stayed on, i think we could have strolled it.

orangeman

Quote from: myhairyarses on February 02, 2010, 01:59:32 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2010, 01:28:04 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this - have you anything to say about the "treatment" he got, particulary from his direct marker ?

He wasn't going to "do" anybody when he got wrecked.

Justin Mc Mahon ended up with concussion and a few stitches to a head wound.

Donegal crossed the line a good few times.

I honestly can't believe I'm reading this. Not shocked that an Armagh man would come out with this but a Tyrone poster ??????   ??? :o

Jaysus man im only stating the facts. He did try to "do" a Donegal man at 1 stage in the 1st half. All im saying in he has to be 1 of the worst tackler on the team, which has been 1 of our strong points since Harte took over.

As for the treatment he got, again did you not see the treatment Justy, and then Joe, gave young Murphy, when they scored the goal Joe had him pinned to the ground in a rugby tackle. Rose tinted glasses and all that, at least try to be objective. I watched the game again last nite, poor enough, but if SON had to have stayed on, i think we could have strolled it.

No he didn't - he missed the tackle that's all - Murphy wasn't carried off stitched up or concussed.

Stevie got abuse from McGee throughout - Joe was wrestling a bit alright.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 02, 2010, 08:25:38 AM
i have no sympathy for s o, neill because he went to do a player [ not for the first time ] but has come of the worst of it himself , a great player but a very poor tackler/challenger  >:(

What rubbish (from an Armagh man with a soccer player's handle, who can't get over the legitimate shoulder tackle on John Toal).

He wasn't sent off for the incident involving John Toal, nor should he have been.

Feck it, I must be mangling my memory of it due to the incessant bleating about it (still) from a few of the Armagh wans  :P

In any case, the rescindment of the red, and the non-event of the Toal tackle* kind of drives a coach and horses through any charges of malice on Stevie's part emanating from the orange-hued (sewage-tinted) glasses' quarters just beyond Tyrone's south-east  ;)

* Obviously not trivial from John Toal's most unfortunate perspective.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 02, 2010, 02:15:33 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 02, 2010, 08:25:38 AM

Feck it, I must be mangling my memory of it due to the incessant bleating about it (still) from a few of the Armagh wans  :P

In any case, the rescindment of the red, and the non-event of the Toal tackle* kind of drives a coach and horses through any charges of malice on Stevie's part emanating from the orange-hued (sewage-tinted) glasses' quarters just beyond Tyrone's south-east  ;)

* Obviously not trivial from John Toal's most unfortunate perspective.

Wouldn't be the first orangemen that attempted to re-write history...
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on February 02, 2010, 12:42:07 PM

What pattern? I saw nothing wrong with it.

Nice to see the anti-Tyrone brigade out early this year.

A good sign for the year to come Ziggy ;)

longrunsthefox

Dessie Slater well known GAA club referee died suddenly this morning. Age 63. Dungannon Clarkes man and referred three in  a row senior county finals 1991, '92 and '93.  RIP

orangeman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 02, 2010, 05:36:08 PM
Dessie Slater well known GAA club referee died suddenly this morning. Age 63. Dungannon Clarkes man and referred three in  a row senior county finals 1991, '92 and '93.  RIP

Some record.

RIP -

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 02, 2010, 05:36:08 PM

RIP Dessie.
Testing Accessibility

john mcgill

Dessie was all that is good about the GAA. RIP

goal and a point

Noticed a thread in regard to clubs paying manager on teh main board - wouldnt be too many clubs in tyrone are not paying manager - well at least expenses

carol6

heard some interesting news this morning regarding two withdrawals from the Tyrone squad for this year:One very prominent senior player and one of the up and coming young stars. I dont want to give the names just yet but my source was pretty good.

Tommo2

Quote from: carol6 on February 04, 2010, 08:26:32 AM
heard some interesting news this morning regarding two withdrawals from the Tyrone squad for this year:One very prominent senior player and one of the up and coming young stars. I dont want to give the names just yet but my source was pretty good.

My guess is Colm McCullagh or Ciaran Gourley. Can't see why these 2 players would sit on the bench for the majority of the season.