Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I thought that winter loophole had been addressed recently. Maybe not.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

KIDDO 4

5 points each in league final replay 10 mins into the second half.

KIDDO 4

Emyvale 0.6 Nts 0.4, 12mins into second half

Carmen Stateside

Zapatista

Zapatista

EC win 10 points to 6. Congratulations.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: MR99 on November 05, 2009, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
The beginning of the end for some ?? The start of something great for others ?

In a clear message to the current squad that they will be under severe pressure to retain their places, he has promised to give six or seven of the 2008 All-Ireland minor-winning team their chance.

"They will be put on strength and conditioning programmes for the McKenna Cup. If they make it, that means a handful of current panellists are going to lose out. That sends out its own message to everyone. We will retain a large panel for the start of the year but prune it all the way to the championship. There will be no comfort zones. No hiding places, No excuses. We all have things to prove. Success costs. We start paying now."

Having been handed the keys to drive Tyrone forward for the next seasons, Harte will now begin examining the engine, a process which is likely to lead to the end of some careers as he sets about rebuilding for the next coming.

"We will retain a large panel for the start of the year but prune it all the way to the championship"!  Does anyone agree that this could be rephrased as follows:  "I will call up as many players as I can and ruin club football for the teams of those players involved and then drop a few boys that are injured or suspended and out for the season anyway"  This large panel of 35 players last year casued a lot of discontent and by the looks of it is going to be even worse this year.  I say the cut off point should be April 1st and the panel trimmed then to 28 instead of ruining the year for the likes of Jason McAnulla, Ciaran Gourley, Collie Holmes, Snowy O'Neill, Niall Gormley, Raymie Mulgrew, Cathal McCarron etc... that he realistically is not going to use in the championship anyway.  If the panel was cut to 28 and these boys were still in, then maybe they'd have a chance but when its 34 or more like last year, it is obvious they are only being kept so that Micky can have 15 a-side games in training with scope allowed for a few injuries.  Does anyone agree?

I hate the anti Harte crap we have to listen to in Tyrone in the years we dont win the All Ireland. Mickey is put in charge of the county and has a duty to manage the team/panel in the best way to give Tyrone success. He has done a great job. Anyone who was at the Tyrone final this year will know he hasnt ruined club football and it is as important as ever. The players you say he ruined only missed 4 club league games this year, they were available for 11 + the championship (a lot of other counties would love their county players to be available for as many games). McAnnulla played for the u21's so he got a few championship games there (as well as Omagh u21's) + warm up competition. Snowy and Mulgrew played for there universities so they got plenty of football to. These boys get plenty of benefits from county football such as improved training and holidays etc when things go well.

I would though like to see the club season start a few weeks earlier - I appreciate the weather could be a factor here though. This would mean the county players available for all league games and maybe do away with meaningfull games without them and in October when the appetite has gone. Also during the summer I'd like the county board to consider some kind of parish/joined up clubs competition to carry on when the county are doing well. This would provide high level footabll for club players and provide a bit of interest when the weather is at its best. Would also allow junior players to play at a higher level. Also the reserve leagues should continue during the summer even if the senior matches arent on.

the processor

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on November 07, 2009, 04:14:04 PM
Quote from: MR99 on November 05, 2009, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
The beginning of the end for some ?? The start of something great for others ?

To be fair to Mickey, he always comes up with great excuses when tyrone are beat!!!!!!

In a clear message to the current squad that they will be under severe pressure to retain their places, he has promised to give six or seven of the 2008 All-Ireland minor-winning team their chance.

"They will be put on strength and conditioning programmes for the McKenna Cup. If they make it, that means a handful of current panellists are going to lose out. That sends out its own message to everyone. We will retain a large panel for the start of the year but prune it all the way to the championship. There will be no comfort zones. No hiding places, No excuses. We all have things to prove. Success costs. We start paying now."

Having been handed the keys to drive Tyrone forward for the next seasons, Harte will now begin examining the engine, a process which is likely to lead to the end of some careers as he sets about rebuilding for the next coming.

"We will retain a large panel for the start of the year but prune it all the way to the championship"!  Does anyone agree that this could be rephrased as follows:  "I will call up as many players as I can and ruin club football for the teams of those players involved and then drop a few boys that are injured or suspended and out for the season anyway"  This large panel of 35 players last year casued a lot of discontent and by the looks of it is going to be even worse this year.  I say the cut off point should be April 1st and the panel trimmed then to 28 instead of ruining the year for the likes of Jason McAnulla, Ciaran Gourley, Collie Holmes, Snowy O'Neill, Niall Gormley, Raymie Mulgrew, Cathal McCarron etc... that he realistically is not going to use in the championship anyway.  If the panel was cut to 28 and these boys were still in, then maybe they'd have a chance but when its 34 or more like last year, it is obvious they are only being kept so that Micky can have 15 a-side games in training with scope allowed for a few injuries.  Does anyone agree?

I hate the anti Harte crap we have to listen to in Tyrone in the years we dont win the All Ireland. Mickey is put in charge of the county and has a duty to manage the team/panel in the best way to give Tyrone success. He has done a great job. Anyone who was at the Tyrone final this year will know he hasnt ruined club football and it is as important as ever. The players you say he ruined only missed 4 club league games this year, they were available for 11 + the championship (a lot of other counties would love their county players to be available for as many games). McAnnulla played for the u21's so he got a few championship games there (as well as Omagh u21's) + warm up competition. Snowy and Mulgrew played for there universities so they got plenty of football to. These boys get plenty of benefits from county football such as improved training and holidays etc when things go well.

I would though like to see the club season start a few weeks earlier - I appreciate the weather could be a factor here though. This would mean the county players available for all league games and maybe do away with meaningfull games without them and in October when the appetite has gone. Also during the summer I'd like the county board to consider some kind of parish/joined up clubs competition to carry on when the county are doing well. This would provide high level footabll for club players and provide a bit of interest when the weather is at its best. Would also allow junior players to play at a higher level. Also the reserve leagues should continue during the summer even if the senior matches arent on.

EC Unique

Great win for us yesterday in a thrilling game. Well done to both teams in serving up a great game of hard hitting honest club football. Errigal's young team are now maturing well and I think there is a championship in them.Well done lads :)

Rocky Mc Guigan

Peter Harte outstanding yesterday-

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 08, 2009, 11:03:51 AM

Is he capable of making an impact at county senior level, or is it maybe a bit early yet?
First on the field and last to leave

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 08, 2009, 02:00:50 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 08, 2009, 11:03:51 AM

Is he capable of making an impact at county senior level, or is it maybe a bit early yet?
Think he will be in the squad next season along with Ronan Mc Nabb

usa07

does any one have a radio link for the dromore match???

Shortso79

live commentary is on radio ulster medium wave (MW)

can only find a live stream for the FM station

uncle hugo is on the fm stream - thats no use to you

Shortso79

Latest Clontibret 0-04 Dromore 0-00