Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnightcaller

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 02, 2009, 09:02:53 AM
I see Dungannon has been chosen as venue for league replay. Is this a joke? The pitch there certainly is. Plenty of rain forecast from Wednesday. Will be amazed if the pitch is playable on Saturday. After Friday nights antics maybe the drastic action of cancelling the fixture altogether may be more appropriate.

Rocky would you ever dry your eyes!

EC Unique

Quote from: midnightcaller on November 02, 2009, 05:32:01 PM
I see Dungannon has been chosen as venue for league replay. Is this a joke? The pitch there certainly is. Plenty of rain forecast from Wednesday. Will be amazed if the pitch is playable on Saturday. After Friday nights antics maybe the drastic action of cancelling the fixture altogether may be more appropriate.

Rocky would you ever dry your eyes!

x2

mick the master

does anyone know why they have taken the match to dungannon on saturday?

midnightcaller

Quote from: mick the master on November 02, 2009, 09:15:39 PM
does anyone know why they have taken the match to dungannon on saturday?

Mick i think its because Newtownstewart are playing in Ulster the following day in Healy Park.. I think this is the reason! Can anybody else clarify? Kiddo?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mick the master

Archie Mitchell

Got a good laugh out of that video.

Sanchez

Anyone heard anything about who's managing who for next year? I've heard Peter Herron will be taking Coalisland next year and that Loughmacrory have approached Pascal Canavan.

DCR

Some interesting photos in today's Tyrone Times.
If like some you don't want to buy it - just have a look at the back page next time you are in the shop and tell me just exactly what Martin Sludden is doing?

LeoMc

After Friday nights antics maybe the drastic action of cancelling the fixture altogether may be more appropriate.

Was this row any worse than what happened at the end of last years County final?

In my opinion  it was not, and a similar level of suspensions would therefore be in order. Those were generally in the range of 8 weeks for boxing (the 4 players sent off and any others caught on video), 12 weeks for any Management involved (if Rumours are substantiated) and longer for use of the head (haven't heard of this happening.
As with last year previous form or spurious appeals will get you double.

supersarsfields

Seriously is it still for Dungannon? As Rocky says the surface there is very poor. And won't be improved by the amount of rain of late!!

MR99

Quote from: LeoMc on November 03, 2009, 10:14:01 AM
After Friday nights antics maybe the drastic action of cancelling the fixture altogether may be more appropriate.

Was this row any worse than what happened at the end of last years County final?

In my opinion  it was not, and a similar level of suspensions would therefore be in order. Those were generally in the range of 8 weeks for boxing (the 4 players sent off and any others caught on video), 12 weeks for any Management involved (if Rumours are substantiated) and longer for use of the head (haven't heard of this happening.

Last year's final row was not even in the same league and would ot have been heard of only for McGinn's headbutt.  In that row there was 2 headbutts a lot of shoving and no punches.  Ward got suspended for a shoulder charge!  This was an all out fist flying row with supporters, playters, managers, subs and everything.  Remember McGinn got a year and a half and only struck once although a head butt is worse than punching.  If the County Board want to be consistent then they should not worry about names.  This row was very serious and has disgraced club football with front and back page headlines that do not do a lot of favours for the promotion of the GAA in Tyrone.  I was there with my children and although I am all for good tough uncompromising football, this was way beyondthe boundaries.  People getting kicked on the ground and hit from behind is not something that can be brushed under the carpet with a few 4 and 8 week suspensiuons which are virtually meaningess this time of year anyway.  I would not want to see the 2 clubs thrown out or suspended but defintiely a lot of individuals must pay the price.  Both clubs have done a lot of work and are reputable clubs with too many good honest men for the clubs to be punished.

glencullrule

If I could know who you are MR99, I would, ill not say! But you love having something to say about Errigal. Catch yourself on and go back under that rock you climbed out from. It was handbags and lasted about 45 seconds. People like you are whats destroying clubs of Tyrones reputation talking absolute blarney in here!

EC Unique

Quote from: MR99 on November 03, 2009, 11:04:47 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 03, 2009, 10:14:01 AM

Last year's final row was not even in the same league and would ot have been heard of only for McGinn's headbutt.  In that row there was 2 headbutts a lot of shoving and no punches.  Ward got suspended for a shoulder charge!  This was an all out fist flying row with supporters, playters, managers, subs and everything.  Remember McGinn got a year and a half and only struck once although a head butt is worse than punching.  If the County Board want to be consistent then they should not worry about names.  This row was very serious and has disgraced club football with front and back page headlines that do not do a lot of favours for the promotion of the GAA in Tyrone.  I was there with my children and although I am all for good tough uncompromising football, this was way beyondthe boundaries.  People getting kicked on the ground and hit from behind is not something that can be brushed under the carpet with a few 4 and 8 week suspensiuons which are virtually meaningess this time of year anyway.  I would not want to see the 2 clubs thrown out or suspended but defintiely a lot of individuals must pay the price.  Both clubs have done a lot of work and are reputable clubs with too many good honest men for the clubs to be punished.
What a load on nonsense MR.
It seems the CB think differently and common sense has prevailed. :)