Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

I've heard of a number 1 and a number 2 Zap, but what's a number 3?? ;)

Zapatista

Final Whistle

Quote from: Zapatista on October 28, 2009, 08:57:54 AM
DCR - can you clarify were your Number 3 came from. Is it what he said or what you said?

I read it in the TT too. Dreadful comments made in that article and just gives me another reason not to buy the rag of a paper. Ardboe did not get the rub of the green in the final 5 of the championship season. Throughout the rest of the year they did just fine. To now throw the toys out of the pram over a perfectly legitimate penalty is wrong.

To attack the referee in the paper after he was attacked physically coming off the pitch is sinking to new depths.

goal and a point

If he is part of management team - take it a step further could he not get suspended for this as was case with county managers who spoke out against referees.

personally thought the game in general was well referred - there will always be issues with refs decisions - i thought quinn was even lenient towards ardboe in the 1st half when they were behind by 4 but havent watched the video to confirm this and same as when dromore where behind - in a way cancels each other out.

DCR

DCR - can you clarify were your Number 3 came from. Is it what he said or what you said?

Not sure what you mean here. Ardboe No 3 was Martin Mckeown.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DCR on October 28, 2009, 10:01:38 AM

think he means this
Quote3. On their preparation for dealing with the customary Dromore verbals .......What we hadn't taken into account was the amount of verbals coming from the referee.... his approach putting unacceptable pressure on our players.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ludermor

Well just a wee update on the wedding i was at in cookstown at the weekend, there was a dinner dance on in the glenavon for a local GAA club ( i wasnt there that night) and a few of the wedding gang gate crashed it. The fact that thre was a few of th ecork football team there probably helped! Pierce O Neill and Keiran O Connor were 2 of the players and by all accounts the cork lads had a great time there and oblidged signed jerseys and autographs. Were of the GAAboard gang there that night?

DCR

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 28, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: DCR on October 28, 2009, 10:01:38 AM

think he means this
Quote3. On their preparation for dealing with the customary Dromore verbals .......What we hadn't taken into account was the amount of verbals coming from the referee.... his approach putting unacceptable pressure on our players.

It is in the newspaper article.

glencullrule

I heard what he said to both McMenamin and Tommy McGuigan when they both down around the same spot on Healy Park, and it showed who he favoured!

Big derby Friday night. Carmen are putting it out there that their unable to train since Ardboe game due to closing of field from flooding.
We need promising games frm Enda, Davy and Ady O'Donell.

Archie Mitchell

What did you hear him say glencullrule?

mick the master

they trained twice 3 times since Ardboe game in youth sport Omagh,think errigal will be a little match rusty for friday night.they have only played 1 game since there defeat till dromore and thats a month ago.its hard at this time of year to keep things together!plus what a time to have a final on at on friday evening asking men who have worked hard all week to go and play a game at that time of night.the county board will have to take a look at themselves to get things in order for next year.i dont think there is any need for the top 4 to play again to win the league,when u are sitting on 1st poistion at the end of the year you should win the league extra cash for your money grabbing county board!!

Zapatista

Quote from: mick the master on October 28, 2009, 03:18:16 PM
they trained twice 3 times since Ardboe game in youth sport Omagh,think errigal will be a little match rusty for friday night.they have only played 1 game since there defeat till dromore and thats a month ago.its hard at this time of year to keep things together!plus what a time to have a final on at on friday evening asking men who have worked hard all week to go and play a game at that time of night.the county board will have to take a look at themselves to get things in order for next year.i dont think there is any need for the top 4 to play again to win the league,when u are sitting on 1st poistion at the end of the year you should win the league extra cash for your money grabbing county board!!

The league would be won in worse places than in Omagh this Friday if it was a straight out winner.

mick the master

Quote from: Zapatista on October 28, 2009, 03:23:14 PM
Quote from: mick the master on October 28, 2009, 03:18:16 PM

The league would be won in worse places than in Omagh this Friday if it was a straight out winner.
where

Final Whistle

Like gortacladdy where your lucky to arrive home with the same number of teeth you left with!! :D

Onthe40

have to disagree, think the top 4 and league semi finals is a good idea and gives needed incentive to alot of teams to keep their season going and aim for a league semifinal spot compared to last year when you had the league season over for many teams half way through - with nothing to play for. With starred games as well, it means teams with several county mean arent completely penalised..