Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

Quote from: Whats it all about on September 02, 2009, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: DCR on September 02, 2009, 09:50:42 AM
Quote from: Whats it all about on September 01, 2009, 10:29:44 PM
Quote from: DCR on September 01, 2009, 09:00:37 PM
Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

they did not but with 7's tournament on sat, league match Vs Eglish on sun, Jim Devlin fixture threw in on the Tue, under 21 match Vs Errigal on Thursday and finally errigal seniors on sat!!!! Realistically 5 games in 8 Days don't imply the Fianna did not show respect you should be laying that on the county board DCR :(
Not sure what you mean by "they did not" but don't Coalisland and Ardboe play the same number of League games and I suspect that not all Fianna players are U21? Also think you should check out when Fianna called it off - it certainly wasn't last week and these fixtures have been known for a while.

Yes they play the same number of League games but Adrboe did not play on Sun or Under 21 match on Thur, plus the match was fixed for Sunday at the same time as the Eglish Game so yes the FIXTURE Was known but known to be wrong!!
And Lastly At least 10 senior starters are under 21 along with the majority of Squad members so Pipe down when you are commenting on topics with limited intelligence
What are "topics with limited intelligence"? - and there's no need for you to get hot and bothered - you seem to be a Fianna man. I still think Fianna action (or inaction) is disrespectful to the memory of Jim Devlin RIP one of their former stalwarts and also to the Devlin Family all of whom  have long and strong links with Coalisland Fianna.

Whats it all about

[
What are "topics with limited intelligence"? - and there's no need for you to get hot and bothered - you seem to be a Fianna man. I still think Fianna action (or inaction) is disrespectful to the memory of Jim Devlin RIP one of their former stalwarts and also to the Devlin Family all of whom  have long and strong links with Coalisland Fianna.
[/quote]

I do not disagree with you it does seem bad. but to say the fianna are disrespecting Jim Devlin is Harsh. Having asked players it seems every effort was made to fulfil the fixture but due to injuries, under 21 champ and the late refixture with a 6.45 throw in, the club could not field with regret.

Tommo2

2nd last league game this weekend. What are peoples predictions for the make-up for the top 4 and bottom 3 in Div 1. I'll go with:

Aghyarn, L'macrory & Eglish - L'macrory straight down and Eglish to win the playoff with Aghyarn.

Errigal, Ardboe, Carmen & Omagh - Ardboe to win the league

orangeman

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 02, 2009, 04:47:29 PM
2nd last league game this weekend. What are peoples predictions for the make-up for the top 4 and bottom 3 in Div 1. I'll go with:

Aghyarn, L'macrory & Eglish - L'macrory straight down and Eglish to win the playoff with Aghyarn.

Errigal, Ardboe, Carmen & Omagh - Ardboe to win the league

Eglish have only 4 points. Lough have the points on the board, even if it is only 2 more. What would happen if Eglish and Lough finished bottom on 6 points each ? Play off to go straight down ?

Ardboe to win the league. Hope you're right. Long road to go yet. Errigal will be looking to do the double at Peter's first attempt.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: DCR on September 02, 2009, 03:06:10 PM
Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

they did not but with 7's tournament on sat, league match Vs Eglish on sun, Jim Devlin fixture threw in on the Tue, under 21 match Vs Errigal on Thursday and finally errigal seniors on sat!!!! Realistically 5 games in 8 Days don't imply the Fianna did not show respect you should be laying that on the county board DCR :(
Not sure what you mean by "they did not" but don't Coalisland and Ardboe play the same number of League games and I suspect that not all Fianna players are U21? Also think you should check out when Fianna called it off - it certainly wasn't last week and these fixtures have been known for a while.

Yes they play the same number of League games but Adrboe did not play on Sun or Under 21 match on Thur, plus the match was fixed for Sunday at the same time as the Eglish Game so yes the FIXTURE Was known but known to be wrong!!
And Lastly At least 10 senior starters are under 21 along with the majority of Squad members so Pipe down when you are commenting on topics with limited intelligence

I think it is disrespectful of you to assume to know what the Devlin family might think, and to use it to have cheap shots the Coalisland club

Tommo2

Eglish have Trillick at home which is very winnable givenTrillicks current form, and Dromore at home in the last game. Dromore have nothing to play for in the league.

The Lough have Omagh and Ardboe to play. Omagh will definately need the points for top 4 and Ardboe may also need them to be sure of top 4 depending on results this weekend.

amigo

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 02, 2009, 05:00:09 PM

I think it is disrespectful of you to assume to know what the Devlin family might think, and to use it to have cheap shots the Coalisland club
I agree!! What a load of absolute bollocks DCR!!!!!

DCR

Quote from: amigo on September 02, 2009, 05:17:03 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 02, 2009, 05:00:09 PM

I agree!! What a load of absolute bollocks DCR!!!!!
Fianna man has agreed "It does look bad" and am I not entitled to air my opinion? By the way I did not purport to put forward the views of the Devlin family only that of a number of Coalisland folk with whom I spoke last night. And Amigo, If we were all to "bollox" opinions that we didn't agree with there would be an awful lot of "bollox" on GAA Board.

KIDDO 4

Joe McGarrity league cup  the revised draw is
Brackaville / Tattyreagh v  Castlederg / Drumragh
Newtownstewart / Owen Roes v Fintona / Derrytresk

KIDDO 4

Teamtalk U-16 FL Grade 2 Quarter Finals - Saturday 5th September 2009
Newtownstewart v Stewartstown @12pm
Donaghmore v Beragh @1pm
Loughmacrory v Eglish @11am
Ardboe v Galbally @1pm

barelegs

Quote from: noeldebrun on September 02, 2009, 10:59:05 PM
any result from the Clann na Gael - Greencastle match?

Intermediate League Cup Result

Greencastle 1-13 Clann na Gael 0-08

What Greencastle would have done for this result in the league last weekend!

ziggysego

Quote from: barelegs on September 02, 2009, 11:10:25 PM
Quote from: noeldebrun on September 02, 2009, 10:59:05 PM
any result from the Clann na Gael - Greencastle match?

Intermediate League Cup Result

Greencastle 1-13 Clann na Gael 0-08

What Greencastle would have done for this result in the league last weekend!

Mother of Mercy!!!

Can't imagine either team was too worried.
Testing Accessibility

Tommo2

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 01, 2009, 03:24:15 PM
Cant see Carmen fielding at full strength tomorrow night. They have big injury concerns at the minute. Clarke may play a few squad players.
Anyway sure Carmen will give Kildress the points anyway. A few Kildress lads are kissing around the parish so it would only be right ;) ;)

Was the Carrickmore v Kildress game played last night. According to Wee Roddy on Tuesday, they were playing last night.

kicking king

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 03, 2009, 10:54:26 AM
Cant see Carmen fielding at full strength tomorrow night. They have big injury concerns at the minute. Clarke may play a few squad players.
Anyway sure Carmen will give Kildress the points anyway. A few Kildress lads are kissing around the parish so it would only be right ;) ;)

Was the Carrickmore v Kildress game played last night. According to Wee Roddy on Tuesday, they were playing last night.

No - both teams agreed to play it wednesday night but it wasn't allowed as all games in teh last two rounds have to be played simultaneously...can't see carrickmore giving kildress anything handy anyway

orangeman

Quote from: kicking king on September 03, 2009, 11:18:06 AM

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 03, 2009, 10:54:26 AM

No - both teams agreed to play it wednesday night but it wasn't allowed as all games in teh last two rounds have to be played simultaneously...can't see carrickmore giving kildress anything handy anyway

I see that Eglish v Trillick is fixed for Sunday afternoon according to Tyrone gaa website. All the other games are on at 6pm Saturday evening.