Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO 4

With these proposals the  championships will hardly be concluded in one calender year.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 02, 2009, 12:24:42 AM
With these proposals the  championships will hardly be concluded in one calender year.

That would be the worry. Might be best let the current fixture system run for a year or two first, and become engrained.

However coming from an Owen Roes '1 Championship game per season' persepctive. Great idea.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

KIDDO 4

The draw for the League Cups
Jim Devlin
Clonoe v Omagh
Carrickmore v Ardboe

FRank O'Neill
Strabane v Killyman
Pomeroy / Moortown v Greencastle / Clann na nGael

Joe McGarrity
Brackaville / Beragh v  Castlederg / Drumragh
Newtownstewart / Owen Roes v Fintona / Derrytresk

loughshore lad

What do posters think about these cup competitions?

Am not really sure about how the Frank O'Neill or Jim McGarrity cups have went but in the Jim Devlin cup Ardboe are into the semi final after playing one game, which they lost!

supersarsfields

Drumragh Beat Beragh by a point last nite up in Beragh. 1-6 to 0-10.

clarshack

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 02, 2009, 08:29:37 AM

they'd be taken seriously if there was an incentive to do well in them.

what if say the winners were guaranteed a place in the promotion playoffs or something like that?

DCR

Quote from: Whats it all about on September 01, 2009, 10:29:44 PM
Quote from: DCR on September 01, 2009, 09:00:37 PM
Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

they did not but with 7's tournament on sat, league match Vs Eglish on sun, Jim Devlin fixture through in on the Tue, under 21 match Vs Errigal on Thursday and finally errigal seniors on sat!!!! Realistically 5 games in 8 Days don't imply the Fianna did not show respect you should be laying that on the county board DCR :(
Not sure what you mean by "they did not" but don't Coalisland and Ardboe play the same number of League games and I suspect that not all Fianna players are U21? Also think you should check out when Fianna called it off - it certainly wasn't last week and these fixtures have been known for a while.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2009, 09:36:19 AM
Quote from: loughshore lad on September 02, 2009, 08:29:37 AM

they'd be taken seriously if there was an incentive to do well in them.

what if say the winners were guaranteed a place in the promotion playoffs or something like that?
to be honest i dont like them at all, and know very few players that do,
as you say clarshack, maybe if there was an incentive to do well in them they might be more successfull.
At the minute they do nothing to serve the memory of the people they are named after as they arent given much respect by the clubs re: fulfilling the fixture etc.
Personally I think maybe if they were run as a preseason tournament,with say a set of jerseys or training kit for the winners ,they might be workable and could replace teams playing preseason friendlies.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

KIDDO 4

Grade 1 U-16 FL QF draw
Pomeroy v Clonoe
Cookstown v Strabane
Omagh v Errigal Ciaran/ Dungannon.
N/Mhuire v Dromore

Whats it all about

Quote from: DCR on September 02, 2009, 09:50:42 AM
Quote from: Whats it all about on September 01, 2009, 10:29:44 PM
Quote from: DCR on September 01, 2009, 09:00:37 PM
Heard that Coalisland failed to fulfill their League Cup match with Ardboe this evening. Not much respect around Coalisland for the memory of their former "great" the late Jim Devlin whose family donated the Jim Devlin Cup. But maybe we expect too much!!

they did not but with 7's tournament on sat, league match Vs Eglish on sun, Jim Devlin fixture threw in on the Tue, under 21 match Vs Errigal on Thursday and finally errigal seniors on sat!!!! Realistically 5 games in 8 Days don't imply the Fianna did not show respect you should be laying that on the county board DCR :(
Not sure what you mean by "they did not" but don't Coalisland and Ardboe play the same number of League games and I suspect that not all Fianna players are U21? Also think you should check out when Fianna called it off - it certainly wasn't last week and these fixtures have been known for a while.

Yes they play the same number of League games but Adrboe did not play on Sun or Under 21 match on Thur, plus the match was fixed for Sunday at the same time as the Eglish Game so yes the FIXTURE Was known but known to be wrong!!
And Lastly At least 10 senior starters are under 21 along with the majority of Squad members so Pipe down when you are commenting on topics with limited intelligence

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: viiv on September 01, 2009, 11:25:43 PM
What do we think of the proposals of a 'back door' club championship to be discussed at the next CCC meeting? Would it work in Tyrone? How does the Derry system serve their clubs.
They have bother enough getting the championship finished normally

orangeman

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on September 02, 2009, 12:25:43 PM
What do we think of the proposals of a 'back door' club championship to be discussed at the next CCC meeting? Would it work in Tyrone? How does the Derry system serve their clubs.

Who is looking for the change and why ?

Is it designed to generate more games and therefore more revenue ?.

EC Unique

Although there have been years when I would have loved a 'back door' chance I think it should remain as is. We are now in September and still have most of the Championship in front of us and if Tyrone had of fired on all cylinders against Cork it would have been October before these games are played. I think Tyrone will be at the later end of the Championship for the near future and maybe beyond so leave it alone.

Rois

Quote from: orangeman on September 02, 2009, 12:27:51 PM

I'd say the revenue part would have something to do with it - it would certainly be welcome with Garvaghey to pay for.
I think it would also maintain the interest of teams who are knocked out in the first round throughout the intercounty summer season so that it isn't a handful only that are training at championship intensity throughout the summer.

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on September 02, 2009, 01:50:00 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 02, 2009, 12:27:51 PM

I'd say the revenue part would have something to do with it - it would certainly be welcome with Garvaghey to pay for.
I think it would also maintain the interest of teams who are knocked out in the first round throughout the intercounty summer season so that it isn't a handful only that are training at championship intensity throughout the summer.

Personally I liked last year's championship format where games were played the start of July on a knockout basis.

This meant that instesad of having maybe 3 league games and then getting knocked out of the championship at the start of May, it meant that teams could have 7/8 league games played at that stage and then give the championship a rattle.

Clubs knocked out of the championship in May are faced with lads clearing off to USA etc etc and it's very difficult to keep the whole thing going after that.