Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonesAbú

Mightn't be cheap lads, although if you register now you get 25% off. Still seems to be a bit too good to be true don't you think. :-\

Rocky Mc Guigan

ziggysego

I was told about this website by a former Tyrone player.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I've started the lines of communication with them. They're soon moving to www.cnsports.co.uk

I'll see what other information I can extract out of them and quiz them on using other people's images on their website, such as Norf's.
Testing Accessibility

TonesAbú

Hi. Welcome to CN Sports.

As you may already know, we are continuing to test our online system. We look forward to your participation and we promise to keep you updated with all the latest progress from CN Sports.

In the meantime be assured that by registering before January 2010 you have qualified for an automatic 25% discount if you wish to subscribe for our premium services for the 2010 season.

Remember to check in from time to time at www.cnsports.co.uk as we continue our testing period.

Best regards,

Eddie Creaney
The CN Sports Team

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 21, 2009, 03:09:12 PM
Site seems to be a bit of a mystery. If there is any real substance to it, and I have my doubts, they're already treading on several toes.

A good idea, but too good to be true. There is a bit of a gap in the market but there could be a lot of copyright issues unless they can get a contract in place with the County board. ::).
If it turns out there is a real market out there the TCB will be pulling this back in house to control content and getting a Jerome on the case to give it a bit of polish.

I would not be rushing up to save my 25% just yet, at this stage it would be more like throwing away 75% :(

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on July 21, 2009, 03:13:54 PM
I've started the lines of communication with them. They're soon moving to www.cnsports.co.uk

I'll see what other information I can extract out of them and quiz them on using other people's images on their website, such as Norf's.

Just for the record, I have no problem with them using my pictures. I doubt they'll won too many prizes anyhow!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on July 16, 2009, 11:30:49 PM
Tuesday 4 Aug 7:30PM

ACL Div 2 Reserve re-fixture

Eskra v Pomeroy 

U21 Grade 2
Rd 1:  Greencastle v Rock

WJ Dolan Reserve Senior Football Championship Q/F
Errigal Ciaran v Kildress 
WJ Dolan Reserve Junior Football Championship Rd 1
Derrytresk v Clogher
Castlederg v Beragh

U21 K/O – first named teams at home (et if required)

Grade 1
Clonoe v An Charrig Mhor

Grade 3 U21 K/O – first named teams at home (et if required)
Owen Roes v Aghyaran
Fintona v Tattyreagh
Brackaville v Beragh

Kiddo according to the fixtures Beragh are due ot play the U21 and Reserve championship on Tuesday 4th August. Have you heard if the fixtures are correct of if either of these games have been moved.

LeoMc

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 23, 2009, 01:42:55 PM
Why couldnt they just stream the games for free??  I mean if you can watch HBO and Sky Sports Box office fights from Las Vegas by simply streaming it from a website without anyone stopping you, im sure it wouldnt be that difficult to do for Tyrone Club Football games!!

Quite possibly they are not a charity ;D

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: LeoMc on July 23, 2009, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 23, 2009, 01:42:55 PM
Why couldnt they just stream the games for free??  I mean if you can watch HBO and Sky Sports Box office fights from Las Vegas by simply streaming it from a website without anyone stopping you, im sure it wouldnt be that difficult to do for Tyrone Club Football games!!

Quite possibly they are not a charity ;D

Illegal pay per view streams can slip under the rader due to the size and scale of the HBO/Sky broadcasts. You could (assuming you know how to do it) clone the stream on justin.tv as happens with the RTE coverage (which is more reliable than RTEs!), but since they are charging for their coverage they'll easily track down these streams and close them.

I'd be interested in the rights issue. I mean if the GAA wants to spread the local game then maybe they're on board, and you can hardly ask someone to undertake this project for nothing. On the other hand if it turns profitable then the local clubs should get something.

I'm quite bewildered by it all. Who films it? Will it be only 1 camera per game sans commentry? Is it all a load of balls?

I can only see it working as a highlights coverage a few days after the games. Which is fair enough, you need to crawl before you can walk.

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

TonesAbú

Any response from them Ziggy? Any news?

ziggysego

Didn't get a chance to email them over the weekend. Wasn't near a computer.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Seen Niall Mc Ginn playing at Wembley yesterday for Celtic against Tottenham. He seems close to making a breakthrough.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on July 27, 2009, 11:34:26 AM
Seen Niall Mc Ginn playing at Wembley yesterday for Celtic against Tottenham. He seems close to making a breakthrough.

Never noticed McGinn in the bits I seen, but did you see Paddy McCourt's run...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sandwiches_in_the_boot

It doesn't look too plausible to me at the minute. CN Sports isn't a registered company in the UK or Ireland, although it claims to be registered as "CN Sports LLC" in the US according to the email when you sign up. Searching this company leads you to
C N Sports Llc
755 Gilman Blvd., Ste J
Issaquah, WA 98027
(King County)

Which appears to be a shop called footzone that sells trainers near Seattle! This just gets weirder. IMO a coincidence or CN Sports isn't legit.

On another point, there's an Argentinian Sports Company called CN Sports. I know a fella who does some commentry work for an Argentinian company that has an interest in League of Ireland Soccer. Course this is pure speculation but sure what else are these boards for!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken