Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 08, 2009, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 08, 2009, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 07, 2009, 09:10:53 PM
Any word on the Junior Championship draw yet Fionntamhnach?

Fintona v Clogher
Newtownstewart v Drumquin
Castlederg v Brocagh
Dungannon/Glenelly v Brackaville
I reckon Brocagh will be the happiest team out of that draw.

Any word on the Under 21 draws?

Grade 1
Coalisland v Augher
Errigal v Derrylaughlan
Clonoe/Moortown/Naomh Mhuire ( Group winners) V Carrickmore
Omagh v Clonoe/Moortown/Naomh Mhuire (runners up)

I presume its that way, as far I know group winners get the home fixture

Grade 2
Gortin v Other Group runners up
Other group winners v Loughmacrory

Grade 3
Owen Roes v Aghyaran
Fintona v Tattyreagh
Brackaville v Beragh
Derrytresk v Castlederg

new devil

Congrats to the young tones on a great win from all in NYC...and to our own tyrone exile who i heard was star of the show :)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 08, 2009, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 08, 2009, 12:12:01 AM
Quote from: tyroneboi on July 07, 2009, 09:10:53 PM
Any word on the Junior Championship draw yet Fionntamhnach?

Fintona v Clogher
Newtownstewart v Drumquin
Castlederg v Brocagh
Dungannon/Glenelly v Brackaville
I reckon Brocagh will be the happiest team out of that draw.

Any word on the Under 21 draws?

Newtown/ Drumquin an interesting derby.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

DCR

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 07, 2009, 07:17:19 PM
Correct. At the end of the day, he's there to make the most of the resources he has to make a successful team. He's not there to make friends with players. Seems to be working out OK so far and long may it continue.
He could probably manage them from home then (through his intermediary).

I'm not knocking Mickey (how could anyone?) but I just think that Cavanagh's "Jekyll and Hyde" comments are a sad indictment of a management setup that we have come to regard as perfect.  But then Cavanagh regarded his captaining of the Aussie Rules team as a greater honour than winning the All Ireland.

LeoMc

Quote from: DCR on July 08, 2009, 09:38:29 AM
Correct. At the end of the day, he's there to make the most of the resources he has to make a successful team. He's not there to make friends with players. Seems to be working out OK so far and long may it continue.

I'm not knocking Mickey (how could anyone?) but I just think that Cavanagh's "Jekyll and Hyde" comments are a sad indictment of a management setup that we have come to regard as perfect.  But then Cavanagh regarded his captaining of the Aussie Rules team as a greater honour than winning the All Ireland.

I think Jekyll & Hyde means one is approachable and one isn't.
I would not count it as a sad indictment of a management team. I think the manager needs to keep his distance. As has already been said, he is not there to make friends. Keeping a distance means it will be easier to make the tough decisions such as telling players they are dropped for an All-Ireland final (hope he has that decision to make again). :
If he is too close he could end up showing too much loyalty to those he is friendliest with and those players will over time learn how far they can push the boundaries and how much they can get away with. If they do not have a cosy relationship with their manager they will be less likely to try it on.

DCR

Quote from: LeoMc on July 08, 2009, 11:30:07 AM

I think Jekyll & Hyde means one is approachable and one isn't.
I would not count it as a sad indictment of a management team. I think the manager needs to keep his distance. As has already been said, he is not there to make friends. Keeping a distance means it will be easier to make the tough decisions such as telling players they are dropped for an All-Ireland final (hope he has that decision to make again). :
If he is too close he could end up showing too much loyalty to those he is friendliest with and those players will over time learn how far they can push the boundaries and how much they can get away with. If they do not have a cosy relationship with their manager they will be less likely to try it on.

There is a very wide gap between unapproachability (eg not speaking to a key player in two years) and closeness .

Incidentally the following is a quote from Wikipedia "it has become a part of the language, with the phrase "Jekyll and Hyde" coming to mean a person who is vastly different in moral character from one situation to the next"
(and that's me done on the subject)

Archie Mitchell

I find it hard to believe that Mickey Harte didn't speak to Mugsy for 2 years.

orangeman

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 08, 2009, 05:53:42 PM
I find it hard to believe that Mickey Harte didn't speak to Mugsy for 2 years.

Enough already !!!!!  ;)

KIDDO 4

Dromore qualified for the 2009  reserve championship semi final   last night  by virtue of a 2.12,to 1.6 ,quarter final victory over Eglish,  in Eglish.

longrunsthefox

For real- just don't know what Sean will say next... last week on about Tyrone players on the breadline... lives in a bit of  a parallel universe at times

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 09, 2009, 01:21:59 AM

For real- just don't know what Sean will say next... last week on about Tyrone players on the breadline... lives in a bit of  a parallel universe at times

Canavagh gets caught up in the heat of the moment and says a lot of silly things.
Testing Accessibility

DCR

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2009, 01:24:06 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 09, 2009, 01:21:59 AM

Canavagh gets caught up in the heat of the moment and says a lot of silly things.
Could Cavanagh be described as the "Jekyll and Hyde" of Tyrone football?

Archie Mitchell

Put a camera in front of Cavanagh and he'll say anything you want.

Zapatista

Any news from Tyrone Clubs?

Congrats to Dromore Reserves.

Massey-135

Quote from: Zapatista on July 09, 2009, 08:50:12 AM
Any news from Tyrone Clubs?

Congrats to Dromore Reserves.

errigal 3rds beat glenelly 12-8 last night in divison 3. don't know if there was much else happening