Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

Seen in todays IN that the Tyrone County Board are taking steps to reassure clubs over
having to play league games without their county players in a year with an increased threat
of relegation.

Anyone know what the "steps" are supposed to be?

WeeDonns

Anyone notice an advert in the Herald this last few weeks for home heating oil, saying that they will make a donation to your club or the county if you purchase oil from them? But it doesn't say who the oil company is?

Over the Bar

Quotethe margin on home heating oil is pathetic

maybe, but if you are shifting a few hundred thousand litres there's still plenty of profit.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: WeeDonns on March 02, 2007, 11:44:42 AM
Anyone notice an advert in the Herald this last few weeks for home heating oil, saying that they will make a donation to your club or the county if you purchase oil from them? But it doesn't say who the oil company is?

I think it is Nicholl oil and the club gets approx £1.50/£2 per order. I'm not sure exactly but ut's not much more than this.

never kickt a ball

Hurling Team to play Cavan
01 Mar 2007
The Tír Eoghain team to play Cavan in the Allianz NHL in Breffni Park on Sunday at 2.30 pm:

John Devlin, Sean Óg Grogan, Damian Maguire, Sean Paul Begley, Joe O'Neill, Terry McIntosh (Capt.), Leigh Moore, Paul Lavery, Noel Hurson, Paddy Devine, Ryan Winters, Peadar McMahon, Cathal McErlean, John Kerr, Justin Kelly.

Subs: Declan McCabe, Paul Hughes, Michael McCullough, Jimmy Treacy, Mark Winters, Barry Winters, Sean Óg O'Hagan, Barry O'Neill, Padraig McHugh, Niall McDermott, Ryan O'Neill, Ciaran Curran, Brian Daly, Cormac McHugh, Tony Hughes.
http://www.tyronegaa.ie/county/hurling/news/story.jsp?newsid=310

winghalfun

I believe it is Nicholl oil of Derry in conjunction with Hilltop Fuels, Pomeroy who are doing this promotion.
The deal is that for every order you place with them they will donate £1 to your club and £2 to the county board.

Personally I think that it would have been more beneficial for all concerned had it been the other way around but then I suppose the county board might not have agreed to it had it been.

Norf Tyrone

Someone states that this Nicholl's deal is for every order yo place, as opposed to ammounts.

So I might phone them up and ask for a fiver of home heating oil please, and do the same the moro....and he day after....and the day after!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Anyone at today's hurling game folks? Were the Tír Eoghain hurlers that good (2-23), Liatroim An Cabhán that bad (1-09), or a mixture of both?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Hopefully this is a watershed in Tyrone Hurling and we continue to build on this.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 04, 2007, 07:12:27 PM
Anyone at today's hurling game folks? Were the Tír Eoghain hurlers that good (2-23), Liatroim that bad (1-09), or a mixture of both?

Were we not playing Cavan?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 04, 2007, 07:12:27 PM
Anyone at today's hurling game folks? Were the Tír Eoghain hurlers that good (2-23), Liatroim that bad (1-09), or a mixture of both?

Yeah it was indeed Cavan they were playing ;) Good win for the hurlers today.

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 04, 2007, 08:40:33 PM
Tyrone Ladies were defeated 2-4 to 1-11 at a windswept Banagher, Offaly against Kerry this afternoon in the refixed-NFL tie.

What way does that leave the Ladies now - how many games played, etc?
Are they taking time to get going this year Fionntamhnach - and what are the expectations like for 07?

Also did anybody hear how that challenge match between the Tyrone U21s and Seniors went under the floodlights in Omagh last night. Heard that the Senior panel was going to be cut after the game.

Good win for the Hurlers again today. Would be nice to see them going on a good run this year - eventually ending up in Croke Park (for the first time?), especially with Soccer and Rugby teams now playing there!

Speaking of Croker, there must be some atmosphere around Greencastle Ziggy! Saw a car with flags flying proudly on the road today - I take it every car and house must have the flags flying up there at the moment?

ClosetotheHarte

Fionntamhnach thanks for the detail on the Ladies and hope the next two games go well.
It would be great to see the girls mounting a big challenge later in the year but it sounds like they've a bit of work to do - would they be just outside the top four or five teams at the moment, or a bit further down the ladder than that?
I recognise most of the names you've mentioned above but who are the two or three players who'll be expected to lead the Tyrone challenge this year, the players who can inspire and can't be done without?

snappiered

Tyrone Seniors played U-21s on Saturday night under Healy Pk lights with Mickey Harte to inform players yesterday of who has been axed of his panel of 44 players. Any reports of who got the chop? (Think the Seniors win 0-17 to 0-12)

WeeDonns

Ziggy,
have a look at the link, maybe you should forward to the PS in Greencastle

http://www.gaa.ie/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=18054