Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Norf Tyrone

If any of the Drumragh/Clarkes posters are about, what was your reserve score to
night?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

moortown 1-12 stewartstown 1-11. the harps led the all the way up until the final minute when a controversial goal won the game for moortown. the referee blew for a free to moortown about 25 metres out then blew again as if to call back play as it was a booking offence for the harps player. moortown played on though with the harps defenders having stopped. 3 or 4 moortown forwards were lining up to put it in the net but they actually nearly made a mess of it by hitting the crossbar before scoring the rebound. the referee then booked our player for the foul. we shouldnt have been in this position anyway as we had good chances to kill the game off before all this. it was an improved performance by stewartstown but still not near the performances of recent seasons.

aroundincircles

In tonight's match in clonoe best team won it is unreal how many time carmen you think are finished and keep coming back. As clonoe man i am very disappointed in our display but not surprised in truth but thats life we started badly and then got back into game then two carmen goals in quick succession killed us off both contentious decisions taking nothing away from carrickmore they where deserving winners but hopefully we will be better come championship time. Apart from two as i say contentious decision which caused two carmen goals the ref tonight in my eyes was very good We can often criticise refs but tonight this man deserves a bit of praise well done.

midnightcaller

Around in circles,
In fairness to your contentious decisions, the penalty was clearly correct as the goalie was way outside his box and it was clearly a foot block. As for the second goal i dont actually know why you've doubted it? Confusion in the square and a scrappy goal.
From the game itself the succession of scores from Carmen just before half time won the game. Fair play to Clonoe who didn't give up and kept trying to the end.
I thought they was some great scoring from both teams. Clonoe can really move the ball at pace, great offloading. From a Carrickmore point of view it has been great to see the response since the defeat to Aghayarn. There seems to be great work rate within the team at the minute. Wouldnt doubt this two teams meeting later on in the championship...AGAIN!

WeeDonns

QuoteIf any of the Drumragh/Clarkes posters are about, what was your reserve score to
night?

Called off very late in the day due to a waterlogged pitch

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on April 22, 2009, 10:44:21 PM
I met the fox in Omagh this evening again. Told a wee 5 year old boy to f**k off and said he looks a pansy with his ear-ring. I approached the fox, after the boy left crying and asked him who the boy was. The fox didn't know. I asked the fox why he was shouting at the boy, it was because he felt like it.

Must be an imposter Ziggy as 22nd I calculate was Wednesday and I was in Belfast most of the day. It is very worry someone may be pretending to be THE Fox and annoying kids with ear rings. Are you sure you know me? Last time I think I was in Omagh was when you didn't turn up for the Derry game! 

myhairyarses

Fairly entertaining game in Clonoe last nite. Suppose Carmen were the more clinical in front of goal, and the goals killed off the gaem as it left too much for Clonoe to do to get back into the game.

Id say Carmen are 2 / 3 players away from being serious contenders but you cant rule them out. I didnt think Clonoe played that bad, they definitely stepped it up in the 2nd half and they throw the ball about well, and are very fit.

Carmen half back got straight red a minute from the end and no-one around seen what happened, seemed strange, would that rule him out of the championship?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: midnightcaller on April 25, 2009, 11:10:34 AM
Around in circles,
In fairness to your contentious decisions, the penalty was clearly correct as the goalie was way outside his box and it was clearly a foot block. As for the second goal i dont actually know why you've doubted it? Confusion in the square and a scrappy goal.
From the game itself the succession of scores from Carmen just before half time won the game. Fair play to Clonoe who didn't give up and kept trying to the end.
I thought they was some great scoring from both teams. Clonoe can really move the ball at pace, great offloading. From a Carrickmore point of view it has been great to see the response since the defeat to Aghayarn. There seems to be great work rate within the team at the minute. Wouldnt doubt this two teams meeting later on in the championship...AGAIN!

Does the goalie need to be outside his box for a free to be given for a foot block? I thought a foot block was a foul no matter where it happens. Right decision as I had a good view on it, though the ref took his time in giving the foul.

For the second goal I think he was referring to the clear throw ball by Conor Gormley in the lead up to the goal.

tyroneboi

Quote from: clarshack on April 24, 2009, 10:25:45 PM
moortown 1-12 stewartstown 1-11. the harps led the all the way up until the final minute when a controversial goal won the game for moortown. the referee blew for a free to moortown about 25 metres out then blew again as if to call back play as it was a booking offence for the harps player. moortown played on though with the harps defenders having stopped. 3 or 4 moortown forwards were lining up to put it in the net but they actually nearly made a mess of it by hitting the crossbar before scoring the rebound. the referee then booked our player for the foul. we shouldnt have been in this position anyway as we had good chances to kill the game off before all this. it was an improved performance by stewartstown but still not near the performances of recent seasons.

Clarshack, any truth that Terry McCann has been shown the door already?

clarshack

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 25, 2009, 04:27:21 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 24, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

Clarshack, any truth that Terry McCann has been shown the door already?

not that i have heard. was talking to a high ranking member around midday and he didnt mention anything. havent been talking to anyone since though.

tyrone86

Drumquin beat Derrytresk 2-12 to 2-6 according to Tyronegaa.ie

orangeman

Coalisland 2-6 Ardboe 0-10 - Coalisland scoring two goals in the second half, their second goal coming very near the end of the game when we were 2 up - you know what they say about a 2 point lead !  :(

clarshack

Quote from: orangeman on April 25, 2009, 08:27:08 PM
Coalisland 2-6 Ardboe 0-10 - Coalisland scoring two goals in the second half, their second goal coming very near the end of the game when we were 2 up - you know what they say about a 2 point lead !  :(

knew all about it last night! >:(

tyrone86

Killyman 1-6 Rock 1-7
Gortin 1-13 Clann na Gael 0-6