Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tieroan

Do any of you think that Clonoe may have learned from all the hype the Fianna surrounded themselves with last year. As much as I would like to see a "new name " on the cup, I am not sure if I could listen to them for a year! I really think this one will go to the wire.

Incidentally did any of you read the hoganstand stand report on the ladies league final from Carmen. They thanked someone who provided the dietary requirements! Had ladies football got that serious that food is being provided after training or are they all heavy and being starved.

tyssam5

Quote from: Zapatista on October 22, 2008, 08:02:43 AM
The Dromore V Clonoe final is live on TG4.

I was checking tg4.tv to see if I could get their stream, but it just keeps sitting on 'buffering' anyone else get this working?

ONeill

Quote from: tieroan on October 22, 2008, 05:04:32 PM
Do any of you think that Clonoe may have learned from all the hype the Fianna surrounded themselves with last year. As much as I would like to see a "new name " on the cup, I am not sure if I could listen to them for a year! I really think this one will go to the wire.

I'd say there's no danger in that. The Fianna would always lofty ideas about themselves. The Clonoe club are a more grounded outfit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Incidentally did any of you read the hoganstand stand report on the ladies league final from Carmen. They thanked someone who provided the dietary requirements! Had ladies football got that serious that food is being provided after training or are they all heavy and being starved.

In this day and age, what kind of management lets a team surround themselves with hype coming up to a county final? Surely one of the foremost components of being a successful manager is having your team physically and mentally right for the big day?

new devil

TYRONE GFC CLUB NEW YORK

Hosts a night of champions

special guests appearances by
                                                                                                                     MICKEY HART,BRIAN DOOHER
                                                                                                      Minor captain RONAN MCNABB & MARTIN RODGERS

Along with the Sam Maguire and Tom Markham cups

On sat13th December
                                                                                                                                       At
                                                                                                                                   Masteors
                                                                                                                       1703 Bronxdale ave.Bronx

Music by:Gerry Finlay & the Cara band

Cocktail hour 7-8pm
                                                                                                                       Dinner  & dancing 8-1am

$1000 per table of ten
                                                                                                                     (limited amount of tickets)

Should be a great night..anyone interested drop me a PM for more details

Zapatista

Dromore beating Coalisland had very little to do with hype. Dromore were better than Coalisland and any other Tyrone team in 07 and to say hype played any part is denial and taking away from Dromores victory.

Aaron Boone

Any betting odds? They are always a good guide.

orangeman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 23, 2008, 09:03:36 AM
Any betting odds? They are always a good guide.

DROMORE WERE 8-13 - CLONOE 13-8 - NOT SURE IF THIS IS STILL THE SAME

ONeill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 23, 2008, 02:45:54 AM

Wherever the Moy would have anyone outside their four county players who would get beyond the reserves in a senior team, unless Tommy Conlon has gone well back from when I seen him in the Vocationals, he certainly wouldn't be one.

Finally, I've never been too worried about this talk of the West/East split or rivalry in Tyrone. While I would have some understanding with the likes of Dromore, Omagh, Trillick, Eskra, traditional "West Tyrone" clubs if you were to take it from that from the old divisional boards that include the likes of Castlederg, Clann na nGael and Urney would have the same influence on me that the likes of Killyman, Moortown or Rock would have. Tyrone football depends on all parts of the county having strong support all round, being concentrated in one area or zone will only encourage petty rivalries and divisions that some other counties in Ulster have helped stifle their game. West Tyrone and East Tyrone have been dead now for more than three decades, it's time to move on...

Whilst that first sentence makes no sense whatsoever, you're completely missing the point on the East/West banter. That's exactly what it is...banter. Lighten up man ffs.

under the bar

QuoteWest Tyrone and East Tyrone have been dead now for more than three decades, it's time to move on...

Rubbish the rivalry is dead.   The East Tyrone gutter press put the boot into Mickey Harte at every given chance.  East Tyrone is full of those who are all talk & no trousers.   In West Tyrone we let our  county titles, ulster titles, all-stars & all-ireland medals do the talking as well as our gift of the greatest manager in the history of Ulster GAA.

There endeth the lesson.  8)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: under the bar on October 23, 2008, 11:13:31 AM
QuoteWest Tyrone and East Tyrone have been dead now for more than three decades, it's time to move on...

Rubbish the rivalry is dead.   The East Tyrone press are the ones who put the boot into Mickey Harte at every chance.  East Tyrone is full of those who are all talk & no trousers.   In West Tyrone we let our  county titles, ulster titles, all-stars & all-ireland medals do the talking as well as our gift of the greatest manager in the history of Ulster GAA.

There endeth the lesson.

Where do you define the middle of Tyrone? - And therefore East & West?

Ballygawley is in the East of Tyrone surely?

tyrone86

Rule of thumb,
Omagh and Strabane district council = West Tyrone; Cookstown and Dungannon council = East Tyrone

ONeill

Draw a line down through Greencastle, Carrickmore and Ballygawley. East of that is east. West is west. It's up to those three clubs to declare their allegiences.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ONeill on October 23, 2008, 11:50:16 AM
Draw a line down through Greencastle, Carrickmore and Ballygawley. East of that is east. West is west. It's up to those three clubs to declare their allegiences.

Going by the map on the Tyrone Gaa Website... you could draw the line at Loughmacrory, which would leave Carrickmore in the East! Very much along with Errigal!

ONeill

Ok: Errigal, Loughmacrory, Carrickmore, Greencastle, Beragh, Eskra, Glenelly, Gortin and Clans are mid-Tyrone henceforth. Omagh, Tattytreagh and Killyclogher are too west.