Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: phpearse on May 13, 2008, 08:54:53 AM
Hear there was a bit of an incident in the Pomeroy v Moy match at the weekend. Apparently a spectator came onto the field and kicked the Pomeroy goal keeper. The spectator was a close relation to a few of the Moy players. WTF are the Moy eating with their spuds these days? They should try cooking their meat instead of eating it raw!

I heard that as well PHPearse.
Apparently it was the father of one of the players who is a fairly prominent Tyrone senior !!!!  ;) ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: phpearse on May 13, 2008, 08:54:53 AM
Hear there was a bit of an incident in the Pomeroy v Moy match at the weekend. Apparently a spectator came onto the field and kicked the Pomeroy goal keeper. The spectator was a close relation to a few of the Moy players. WTF are the Moy eating with their spuds these days? They should try cooking their meat instead of eating it raw!

:o :o
Can this be confirmed? Any more details or a link to another report on this?

Zapatista

Quote from: orangeman on May 13, 2008, 09:21:52 AM

Apparently it was the father of one of the players who is a fairly prominent Tyrone senior !!!!  ;) ;)

OM this is quite an accusation. Just be careful.

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on May 13, 2008, 09:24:47 AM

All I know is that the referee stood his gorund, sorted it out and stayed on the pitch, finished the game and everybody went home happy enough and the referee didn't go to the press and seek publicity.

amigo

Quote from: Zapatista on May 13, 2008, 09:24:47 AM

The man is a nutcase! He shouldn't be let near a football match.

Zapatista

I think amigo is talking about you OM :D :D

orangeman

WeeDonns

QuoteSure I'll tell you what we'll do. We'll play it in Drumragh then.

Aye, I see it's a home fixture for us. Someone told me we had changed both the time & venue

QuoteDon't worry about me lads, I'll be in sunny Majorca!!

Great stuff! We wont have to listen to your bullshit!

QuoteWee Dons someone told me last night that one of your players was hospitalised in your match v strabane in a serious off the ball incident. If so no place for acts like this on the gaelic pitch.

Yes, a few dirty actions on Sunday, but I'd prefer not to go into it much here. One lad assaulted off the ball has a broken nose, another with a severely swollen face and concussion. With both lads in occupations where if you're not in, you simply don't get paid, its not acceptable for this to be happening to them on a Sunday. In fairness, the ref didn't see either incident but he should have shown red rather than yellow for incidents he did see. 
Is it getting to the stage where refs are going to have to bring assistants to games to watch the off the ball stuff?

longball

talking to several promroy people who attended the match and they said this man attacked the goalkeeper spitting on him and slapping him on the back of the head! the mans son went off and came back on kicking 3 points
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

KIDDO 4

Tyrone Coaching News
Tuesday 13th May2008

Vetting of Club Coaches
It is now policy of Ulster Council and the Tyrone County Board that anyone working with children or vulnerable adults at club level must be vetted.  Clubs are required to sign up to Ulster Council's terms and conditions before it can begin processing applications on behalf of the club.
Each club must nominate an officer who will undertake the following duties:
   The nominated officer will ensure that all information is completed on the disclosure application form.
   The nominated officer will verify and sign off that the requested identification documents are of the individual who the check is being requested for.
   The nominated officer will ensure that all personnel working with children on underage or minor teams or any club activities involving those under the age of 18 i.e Scór have been checked.
   The nominated officer must also complete the AccessNI check.

Three valid identification documents (photocopies are only required) must be produced in the name of the applicant along with a fully completed disclosure application form.

More details can be obtained from www.accessni.gov.uk

All clubs are requested to address this matter asap.  Details of the above have been sent to all club secretaries

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to get in contact with Anne

2008 Club Tyrone / Vhi Summer Camps
The following summer camps will take place this year over a seven week period commencing on Monday 30th June.  Each camp will run from 10am – 1pm each day.   Summer camp application forms are now available and will be distributed to all schools over the coming weeks.  Application forms can also be downloaded from www.tyronegaa.ie (click on the County Board section)

Monday 30th June - Thursday 3rd July
KILLYCLOGHER
BERAGH
OMAGH
ESKRA
AUGHER
OWEN ROES
FINTONA
Naomh Colum Cille (Hurling)
Dungannon (Hurling)

Monday 7th July - Thursday 10th July
MOY
CLOGHER
EGLISH
DERRYTRESK
NEWTOWNSTEWART
AGHYARAN
STRABANE
Beragh (Hurling)
Killyclogher (Hurling)

Monday 14th July - Thursday 17th July
DRUMRAGH
COALISLAND
AGHALOO
LOUGHMACRORY
URNEY
CLANN NA NGAEL
Shamrocks (Hurling)
Fintona (Hurling)

Monday 21st July - Thursday 24th July
BROCKAGH
ROCK
GREENCASTLE
CARRICKMORE
GORTIN
TATTYREAGH
GLENELLY
Eglish (Hurling)
Kildress (Hurling)

Monday 28th July - Thursday 31st July
KILDRESS
POMEROY
ARDBOE
KILLESSHIL
TRILLICK
DROMORE
DUNGANNON
Carrickmore (Hurling)
Augher (Hurling)

Monday 4th August - Thursday 7th August
DRUMQUIN
MOORTOWN
BRACKAVILLE
EDENDORK
GALBALLY
Dromore (Hurling)
Errigal Ciaran (Hurling)

Monday 11th August - Thursday 14th August
DONAGHMORE
STEWARTSTOWN
CLONOE
CASTLEDERG
ERRIGAL CIARAN
COOKSTOWN
Edendork (Hurling)
Ardboe (Hurling)

Summer Camp Coaches
A training day for summer camp coaches will take place on Saturday 14th June in Kileeshil at 10:00am, it is compulsory that all coaches looking to work at this years summer camps attend.
All coaches interested in working at this years football/hurling summer camps are requested to send a copy of their coaching CV along with a copy (not the originals) of their foundation and child protection certificate to:

Tyrone County Board Office
1a James Street
Omagh
Co Tyrone
BT78 1DH
Ulster Council Regional Blitzes
Paul Callaghan (Ulster Council Regional Officer) is currently in the process of organising a number of regional blitzes for clubs in Tyrone, Derry, Donegal and Fermanagh.

U16 Blitz   Venue:Lissan, Fermanagh      Date: Sat 31st May
U14 Blitz   Venue:Tyrone         Date: Sat 7th June

Tyrone will host the U14 regional tournament which is only open to all clubs playing at grade 3/4 level.  Any club interested in hosting this blitz is requested to get in contact asap.  As hosts of the U14 blitz Tyrone are allowed to enter a maximum of 5 teams, any club which wishes to attend either the tournament is requested to get in contact.  Strabane and Dromore will represent Tyrone in the U16 tournament in Lissan.

Tyrone U15 Development Squad
All members of the Tyrone U15 development squad are requested to meet at the MUSA this Saturday at 9:30am for an Ulster Council blitz.  Players are requested to bring their own water bottle and snack

Tyrone U17 Development Squad Trials
The second set of trials for Tyrone U17 development squad will take place on Saturday 24th May, venue t.b.c.  All players requested to attend will be notified later this week.

Ulster Council Development Squad Blitzes
Saturday 17th May   U15 Blitz      Venue: MUSA      Time: 10:00am
Saturday 26th July   U17 Blitz      Venue: MUSA      Time: 10:00am
Saturday 2nd August   Buncrana Cup Blitz   Venue: MUSA      Time: 10:00am
Saturday 9th August   U16 Blitz      Venue: MUSA      Time: 10:00am   
Saturday 30th August   U17 Blitz      Venue: MUSA   

KIDDO 4

Teamtalk U-14 FL Rd 7 - Monday 12th May 2008

Aghaloo 4-15 Derrylaughan 2-11

Teamtalk U-14 FL Rd 7 - Tuesday 13th May 2008

Dungannon 2-10 Naomh Mhuire 3-13

Clonoe 5-10 Coalisland 10-9

Omagh 9-14 Strabane 4-8

Dromoe 4-4 An Charraig Mhor 1-4

Cappagh 1-10 Errigal Ciaran 6-10

Greencastle 11-10 Galbally 5-6

Augher 4-6 Moortown 7-14

Beragh 2-10 Aghyaran 0-7

Loughmacrory 3-5 Trillick 5-16

Moy 6-12 Kildress 0-12

Rock 5-7 Ardboe 6-13

Eskra v Tattyreagh OFF (No referee)

Killeeshil v Eglish OFF (No referee)

Owen Roe's 1-13 Newtownstewart 3-9

Drumragh 5-7 Glenelly 1-5

Brocagh v Brackaville OFF

Clann Na nGael 11-8 Urney 4-11

Castlederg 2-9 Omagh B 2-9

canice lynch

Any reports on how Cathal Mc Keever is getting on in Carrickmore? I heard he was playing corner back in a reserve match.. Surely come the championship he will be a def starter on your senior team. Hes some player - both codes!!

orangeman

Quote from: canice lynch on May 14, 2008, 09:54:27 AM
Any reports on how Cathal Mc Keever is getting on in Carrickmore? I heard he was playing corner back in a reserve match.. Surely come the championship he will be a def starter on your senior team. Hes some player - both codes!!

Carmen must have some side if he's not on the senior team !

KIDDO 4

KIDDO 4

Help us ..... help the GAA in Tyrone
...and help yourself at the same time!

Tyrone's 2008 summer camps are just around the corner.  It might be stating the obvious but summer camps without coaches don't do a lot to develop the GAA in Tyrone!

We require large numbers of quality coaches, football and hurling, to make our summer camps a success.  If you have foundation level coaching and child protection and are interested in some worthwhile and well organised summer work close to home, then we'd like to hear from you! 

Interested?  Then send your coaching cv and a copy of your foundation and child protection certificates to:

Tyrone Summer Camps
Tyrone GAA Office
1a James Street
Omagh
BT78 1DH

A training day for all coaches interested in working at the summer camps will take place on Saturday 14th June in Kileeshil at 10AM