Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuck hughes

Any truth in that Mc Gourty got a straight red after match for verbal abuse and is looking at a possible 8 week ban?

Redhandfan

I have been missing for a while and don't know if anyone else has already touched on this topic.  With the All-County leagues soon to be restructured (reverting back to three divisions and just 15 league fixtures), I believe the County Board could be about to agree to clubs having full use of their county players for all league matches.  Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

I expect that my own club (and a few others) will be fighting hard to bring this about.  For instance, we could well have four of our top players on senior inter-county duty in 2007 and it would be something of a major injustice if we were to be deprived of their services for the best part of what is a critical season, in terms of trying to hold onto our senior status.  With so much at stake this season, is it right that a club should suffer for having so many of their players involved with the county? 

Norf Tyrone

RHF welcome back buddy.

The 3*16 scenario only comes in for 2008, so the situation where-by you'll miss the 4 boys for 11 of the 22 league games still remains.

Below is from the league task force's recommendation, and suggests in 2008 Clubs will have all players available.

I emailed you the full article there RHF.

QuoteThat for 2008 season the All County League consist of 2 division of 16 teams and a third division of all other affiliated clubs. Division 1 to be senior status, Division 2 intermediate and Division 3 Junior. In 2009 and subsequent years Bottom 2 teams in Division 1  be relegated to Division 2 with bottom 2 in Division 2  be relegated to Division 3. Intermediate champions and Division 2 league winners promoted to Division 1. Junior Champions and Division 3 winners promoted to Division 2. In the event of intermediate or junior champions being league winners as well, then second team in division be promoted. Positions in 2008 to be decided on finishing position in 2007 league

Benefits
1.   All Players available
2.   No double rounds necessary except for postponed games
3.   Holiday period can be accommodated
4.   Squad players in county set up will get regular games
5.   Regular competitive games for clubs
6.   Reduce conflict between clubs and county
7.   Better planning for clubs
8.   More streamlined championship
9.   Better opportunity for reserve player development
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

loughshore lad

Ardboe management will not be confirmed until the convention on Monday night - loads of rumours flying about at the moment. Roger Keenan took a session or two last season - he is mates with Paddy McGuigan who was the boss last year and was/is keen to stay on. Maybe Paddy is trying to get Roger on board - I know a lot of people felt Padddy required some additional help.

Seems I was a bit off the mark, apparently Roger Keenan may be coming on board but with an ex - player as manager and Keenan as coach. Paddy Mcguigan apparently away to Loughmacrory.

SlimShady

how did Justin Crozier play for Queens? he was playing Wing Half Back, only 18 and very highly thought of round our way. He's of Tyrone blood you know?!  :P

tieroan

There is a more than strong rumour around Dungannon this morning that Roger Keenan is on the verge of accepting the Errigal job, apparently dissilusioned with his job in Belfast, he is prepared to take on a team in a managing capacity again

snappiered

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 08, 2007, 11:22:25 AM

Seems I was a bit off the mark, apparently Roger Keenan may be coming on board but with an ex - player as manager and Keenan as coach. Paddy Mcguigan apparently away to Loughmacrory.

Is this true about Paddy Mc Guigan going to Loughmacrory? What kind of a manager is he? I know he got Kildress promoted. The Lough arent a bad wee side although they were missing a few regulars last year at the end of the season. Will Mc Guigan revive their fortunes. Can any of our Ardboe/Kildress/ Moortown posters here enlighten me on his credentials?

loughshore lad

Quote from: snappiered on January 08, 2007, 01:06:37 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on January 08, 2007, 11:22:25 AM

Is this true about Paddy Mc Guigan going to Loughmacrory? What kind of a manager is he? I know he got Kildress promoted. The Lough arent a bad wee side although they were missing a few regulars last year at the end of the season. Will Mc Guigan revive their fortunes. Can any of our Ardboe/Kildress/ Moortown posters here enlighten me on his credentials?

He is a good enough manager and does all the training himself as well. He has his idea about how the team should play and will get you to stick to it. A lot of the players liked him last season although some didnt seem that fussed. The biggest criticism they had was his inability to make changes particulalry during the course of the game - the championship quarter final being the prime example. On the whole I would say he is quite good but lacks the expertise and ruthless instinct that sets aside a top manager.

Carmen Stateside

Any news on the Ulster League folks?? What Tyrone teams taking part?? Will the current holders Carrickmore be taking part?

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

I also favour the participation of a third team but it is the manner in which they were accepted that seems familiar! What rules apply for a third team? Does any player get a chance to play with them? Would this not take away from your senior and reserve team as in competition for places ?

loughshore lad

Roger Keenan confirmed as Ardboe manager tonight. Excellent appointment for the Rossas

ugliragman

What sort of a team do Ardboe have this year?

Norf Tyrone

Updated managers for the ACL....anymore?

Aghyaran
An Charriag Mhor
Ardboe- Roger Keenan
Coalisland
Cookstown
Donaghmore
Dromore
Errigal Ciaran
Galbally
Killeeshil
Killyclogher
Omagh

Clann na nGael- Ciaran McLaughlin
Clonoe
Derrylaughan
Dungannon
Edendork
Gortin
Kildress
Loughmacrory
Moy
Pomeroy
Stewartstown
Trillick- Pat McNabb

Aghaloo
Augher
Brocagh
Drumquin
Eglish
Eskra- Eamon Kavanagh
Fintona-Dermot McGuigan and Paul Reid
Greencastle
Killyman
Moortown
Strabane
Urney

Beragh
Brackaville
Castlederg
Clogher
Derrytresk
Dregish
Drumragh
Glenelly
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes- Gerard Porter
Rock
Tattyreagh
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

loughshore lad

Quote from: ugliragman on January 08, 2007, 11:40:21 PM
What sort of a team do Ardboe have this year?

Fairly good, a panel of quality players that have significantly underachieved over the past 5/6 seasons. Too many lame excuses offered over the seasons - drinking culture, managerial upheaval, off the pitch unrest. This is just a case of clutching at straws too many players have not stepped up to the mark and backed up their potential on the field of play.
Last year there was a significant improvement in application and desire, you could sense there was a genuine belief and will to win amongst the players. The championship defeat by Coalisland really stung and I expect a good reaction this season. There is also the Brian McGuigan factor. The whole country saw how much Tyrone missed him so it is impossible to quantify how much Ardboe did, he has not played a championship game for Ardboe since 2004.
I think Keenan could be an excellent appointment, he is an excellent coach with top class credentials and strikes me as a man not afraid to make the hard calls. The Ardboe team as it stands is not far away, add in the Mcguigan factor and the positive influence Keenan should have it should make for an exciting season ahead.