Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Lads, just reading through the hoganstand message board there and for once there are some comments which present a possible good discussion.

Rather than this new 'league cup' format in each individual league, do you think a 'FA Cup' like competition would be more interesting, beneficial & competitive?  By this I mean all teams from div 1 to div 3 are put in a hat and drawn out against in other in a knockout competition.  Personally i think it would add a bit more excitement rather than these extra 'league cup' games where teams are going to get sick of playing each other.  It would be something different & could turn up some interesting games & shock results maybe!!!  As someone who plays in the lower leagues of Tyrone football, i would love the chance to play an Errigal/Carrickmore or Dromore team in some sort of competitive football as it is interesting to see how players from the lower leagues couldlift themselves to play against some of the superpowers of Tyrone club football!!  Anyone any thoughts?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ziggysego

You sure that's from Hoganstand.com:D

Definately sounds like a good idea, however would heavy defeats by the likes of Carrickmore and Dromore really do Division 3 teams any favours?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

It would be great if all players had the mindset like DD12. It would be hard to take whalloping defeats however on a regular basis.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Puckoon on March 05, 2008, 09:09:11 PM
It would be great if all players had the mindset like DD12. It would be hard to take walloping defeats however on a regular basis.

Us ones down at the bottom Puckoon have to keep reaching for the stars  ;).  Technically it would only be one walloping as it would purely be a knockout basis competition  :P I don't think it would do the div 3 teams any harm whatsoever, and as i said it is interesting to see how lesser players can raise their games significantly when facing a more superior player or team.  
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on March 05, 2008, 04:38:46 PM
North Tyrone ,what about the new player your club has signed from Lifford.

What about him?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Zapatista

It would be worth a look at. However, big mis-matches in GAA can be very ugly to watch some times.

atthegap

Well Deal, how are ther red knights getting on this year? Any players in and out?

tyroneboi

I think that if they were going to proceed with this league cup they could at least keep the groups to local teams if you know what i mean. Like for instance in Div 3 i think Brackaville have Castlederg, Fintona and some other team from west/north tyrone. If they were local teams drawn together then i think it would be better. Can see a lot of unfulfilled fixtures in this competition.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: atthegap on March 06, 2008, 11:28:35 AM
Well Deal, how are ther red knights getting on this year? Any players in and out?

Things are going alright training has been stepped up over the last couple of weeks so we are progressing nicely, missing a couple of players from last year. GK Colm Grimes is in university in England, CB Damien Meenagh is in Australia and there has been no sign of Terry McKenna. Have had a couple of friendly games so far trying different players out but it is going to be a very young team with quite a lot of minors/u21 making the breakthrough.

ATTHEGAP where you from? adn do you know much about the red knights?

ziggysego

Beragh's a club I've a lot of time for. Great facilities and a lot of great work goes on. I hope they can transfer all that onto the pitch.

Deal, did you see me at the Beragh Gala Dinner for the 100th? ;)
Testing Accessibility

snappiered

Brillant news about Brian Mc Guigan in todays Irish News. Im sure he must be in great form. Hopefully he can make it back to the level he was at. But its great to see him back ready to be able to play again. Best of Luck to him.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: ziggysego on March 06, 2008, 01:00:40 PM
Beragh's a club I've a lot of time for. Great facilities and a lot of great work goes on. I hope they can transfer all that onto the pitch.

Deal, did you see me at the Beragh Gala Dinner for the 100th? ;)

Ziggy to be honest i didn't see that much, i was at a table down in the back corner near the door which led out to the bar so i propped it up for most of the night, who were you at the table with? (PM me if you don't want to say in public)

ziggysego

Any word from the Ulster Herald Sport Awards last night?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Teamtalk U-14 FL Rd 2 Results - Saturday 8th March 2008

Coalisland 5-9 Clonoe 4-13
Donaghmore 1-8 Cookstown 5-17
An Charraig Mhór 0-5 Dromore 2-7
Errigal Ciaran 5-12 Cappagh 1-4
Omagh v Strabane OFF
Galbally 6-10 Greencastle 6-6
Moortown v Augher OFF
Aghyaran v Beragh OFF
Trillick 5-7 Loughmacrory 5-4
Eglish 5-3 Killeeshil 3-1
Newtownstewart 4-2 Owen Roe's 3-8
Ardboe 3-6 Rock 1-6
Urney 5-8 Clann Na nGael 1-2
Omagh B v Castlederg OFF
Teamtalk U-14 Rd 2 Results - Sunday 9th March 2008

Naomh Mhuire 7-11 Dungannon 1-5
Kildress 4-6 Moy 4-5
Tattyreagh v Eskra OFF
Glenelly v Drumragh (No result)
Brackaville 2-7 Brocagh 0-8
Testing Accessibility

SuperHans

FOSB wats the craic with your pre season tournament has any games been played , i know we were due to play last weekend but something happened and it was called off. u know the craic?