Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIDDO

Final onFeb17th , 2pm , Croke Park.

clarshack

i heard it was on saturday week (9th february).

aroundincircles

REF; ROCK ALL IRELAND FINAL.

GOOD LUCK IN FINAL ENJOY YOUR DAY AMAZING FOR VERY SMALL CLUB
FROM CLONOE ORAHILLYS GFC

tyronefan

Quote from: KIDDO on January 30, 2008, 12:09:55 AM
Mickey mc Goldrick returns to the county board  following last nights county commitee meeting in  Carrickmoreat which he was elected as the county coaching officer , granted a big step down from vice chairman , but still on the board , the comeback is on.

What happened that Mickey Mc Goldrick took a step back

orangeman

County coaching officer is a big job !! Hardly much of a step back is it ?

tyronefan

Tyrone Dreamer

RRHF - Canavan, Mulligan, O'Neill etc may have got their chance at county level by the management but they earned that chance through hard work and dedication to Tyrone. McGinn was never in a position to offer this commitment and it was always going to be difficult to give him chances ahead of other players who were available all the time.

never kickt a ball

TYRONE TEAM
TO PLAY KILDARE:

John Devine
                                                             (Errigal Ciaran)

P J Quinn
(Moortown)                                             Conor Gormley (Carrickmore)                              Martin Swift (Killyclogher)

Davy Harte
(Errigal Ciaran)                                            Dermot Carlin (Killyclogher)                              Philip Jordan (Moy)

Kevin Hughes (Killeeshil)

Enda McGinley (Errigal Ciaran)

Colm Cavanagh (Moy)                                   Raymond Mulgrew (Cookstown)           Ryan Mellon (Moy)

Colm McCullagh (Dromore)                             Tommy McGuigan (Ardboe)             Shaun O'Neill (Dromore)

SUBSTITUTES:

Pascal McConnell
(Newtownstewart)
Niall Gormley
(Trillick)
Colin Holmes
(Armagh Harps)
Cathal McCarron
(Dromore)
Damian McCaul
(Donaghmore)
Owen Mulligan
(Cookstown)
[/quote]

new devil

Who has to come back into that team....ricey,sean c,Brian d,mcguigan any one else.

That team wouldn't fill me with confidence  :-\ :-\

rrhf

Sorry Tyrone Dreamer I disagree.  Did you know men like Cush played soccor for Omagh Town, Colly Mc cullough played soccor for Newry.  Both these men eventually made the choice favouring the Gaelic, but it took time and more importantly tolerance and man management, lets face it they were giving up more than there free time they were giving up dough.  By virtue of 10 points in a total one hour of intercounty football over 2 age groups minor and under 21s Mc Ginn gave us a glimpse of his potential, you cant criticise his committment because he committed himself all his availabble time to the cause, from a GAA perspective theres no one has gave more for the club.  Im sure hes happy with his decision,  and Im sure the under 21 managers are with theirs, its their perogative.  I would argue that they are have made a terrible error whether or not that would have made the difference who knows, but I know he lad little incentive to consider inter county gaelic,  but I know that Tyrone football has lost a cracker.  Maybe its a sign of things to come.  As i said this in the same week Stevie O Neill has walked out of county football, whatever happens from now on in Tyrone football, the next man who complains that theres no forwards should get the firing squad. ;) As for the lad himself hes a model athlete and I wish him all the best.  Its done and dusted now. 

orangeman

Habe to agree with you RRHF - Mc Ginn has what it takes and I think a bit more man management would have delivered Mc Ginn into Tyrone's hands - I saw him last yeat at the under 21 final - he cam off the bench - For the life of me I simply can't understand why he didn't start - but he came on when all was lost and nearly turned the game on its head.

rrhf

orangeman

sorry about that - but it was nonetheless impressive !  ;) ;)

Mullinahoe

Orangeman do you know when Ardboe play in the Ulster League this weekend. I hear our field is closed?

orangeman

Never heard that - the match against Brookeborough is postponed until the following week - given the weather we're having at the minute I can't see much football going ahead at the weekend -