Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: GaelTheGael on June 19, 2022, 10:27:49 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 19, 2022, 09:14:13 PM
Word's reached me from a normally reliable source that the ACL games will be reverting to Sundays after the July break.
Fixtures for the rest of the year are up on Tyrone GAA website and are all fixed for Fridays.

It says that on the website alright but it is not possible, daylight becomes an issue from end of July onwards. Like last year, games are expected to revert to daytime on Sundays in August.

Jim Bob

Word's reached me from a normally reliable source that the ACL games will be reverting to Sundays after the July break.
Fixtures for the rest of the year are up on Tyrone GAA website and are all fixed for Fridays.

Only fixtures I see are next weekends just.

BrotherMore6592

Why can they not play them on Saturdays? Seriously? It's 2022

Not enough people stand up and ask these questions to their own club committees to challenge the county board.

A lot of teams aren't able to field reserve teams at the minute, how will that be any better on a Sunday. Keep reserves to Friday nights stand-alone at least

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 19, 2022, 10:55:41 PM

It says that on the website alright but it is not possible, daylight becomes an issue from end of July onwards. Like last year, games are expected to revert to daytime on Sundays in August.
The Junior League continued last year with Friday fixtures until the 15th August then reverted to Saturday afternoons for the last 3 weekends.

WT4E

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 20, 2022, 12:07:13 AM
Why can they not play them on Saturdays? Seriously? It's 2022

Not enough people stand up and ask these questions to their own club committees to challenge the county board.

A lot of teams aren't able to field reserve teams at the minute, how will that be any better on a Sunday. Keep reserves to Friday nights stand-alone at least

There would be more completion of reserve fixtures if they weren't on Sundays alright. For majority of reserve players it's the worst day to play them as its a high level commitment expected  off a different type of player.
The young lad not interested/good enough for senior who wants a Saturday night out
The ould lad that has a family but would love to stick at the football

Eire90

is there a reason they cant be played around 2 pm or 3pm saturdays that gives players time to do saturday night activitys   id say most  local soccer games are played around those time.

Throw It Up Ref

Really hope this isn't true Fionntamhnach. Friday night games have been fantastic since their introduction. I was trying to see what stage the league reverted to Sundays last year but can only tell it was as early as the first weekend of September.

Stan

So, not from the county board then...

Under Lights

Quote from: Stan on June 20, 2022, 11:05:41 AM

So, not from the county board then...

Oh you.

Heard the same. Sundays from mid July. Fridays would be dead on if a single game fixture at 7.15 reserve and senior leagues need to be seperate but would never get through a vote, nothing ever does.

blewuporstuffed

Senior games Friday nght and Reseves on a saturday evening would be ideal for alot of people/ clubs I would imagine.
Obviously it throws up some issues around tarveling and traininga rrnagements etc but i think its worth a try for a year, particularly now with the split season.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Goals_Will_Come

Surely they would be looking to play Friday evening for as long as possible. The Friday evenings have been a massive success since their introduction.

Under Lights

Tbh the reserve league should start in February. Whenever senior league starts in April then joint fixtures. Reserves should be finished up by the time they daylight starts to turn. No reason to delay reserve leagues because of Tyrone seniors or U20s

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 20, 2022, 12:03:36 PM
Surely they would be looking to play Friday evening for as long as possible. The Friday evenings have been a massive success since their introduction.

Yes, you would imagine that is their thinking also but daylight becomes an issue from early August onwards. Not possible to play 2 games on a Friday night unless reserve game started at 5.30pm which is a non starter.

Last year the switch to Sunday games was end of August or start of September but that was due to Tyrone in AI semi & final and the league was on hold for 4/5 weeks and nothing took place for all of August basically.

Eire90

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 20, 2022, 12:35:39 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 20, 2022, 12:03:36 PM

Yes, you would imagine that is their thinking also but daylight becomes an issue from early August onwards. Not possible to play 2 games on a Friday night unless reserve game started at 5.30pm which is a non starter.

Last year the switch to Sunday games was end of August or start of September but that was due to Tyrone in AI semi & final and the league was on hold for 4/5 weeks and nothing took place for all of August basically.

how many teams have floodlights could games that can be lighted still be on a friday.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Eire90 on June 20, 2022, 08:48:36 AM
is there a reason they cant be played around 2 pm or 3pm saturdays that gives players time to do saturday night activitys   id say most  local soccer games are played around those time.

Conflicts then with soccer. Lot of guys like to play both.  Clonoe wouldn't have a team between 2.00-4.30pm on a Saturday.