Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Box to Box

Any indication when Clubs are likely to get fixtures for this year?

Could this not be done as a matter of urgency?

Ty4Sam

Just to add to recent posts. Option C would have a tiered point system (4 points for a win in a started fixture and 2 points for a win in a non starred fixture.)

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on March 11, 2022, 02:34:11 PM
Given the long convoluted county season with the green motion passed Option C is the best one if we want to get anything out of our county contingent for club football. A junior B championship is surely something that will appeal to clubs at the lower end of Division 3 also.
Option A same as - no thanks
Option B too long & will only end up retiring county men at the age of 27 by flogging them to death.
Option C - league over pre-championship & a decent rest period after.

Now is there any chance of releasing the 2022 fixtures please so a man can plan a life in the summer.

Plan a life AND play Gaelic in Tyrone? Behave 😀

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: square_ball on March 11, 2022, 02:10:36 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on March 11, 2022, 12:41:31 PM
Somebody put up the options FFS !!!!

I don't have the document to hand but got a look at them this morning.

Option A = basically the same as what we have - league to end before the championship. 5 starred games and 10 regular.

Option B = 4 divisions of 12 (1A, 1B, 2 & 3) 11 starred fixtures, 11 regular fixtures but with league not finishing until after the championship. The issue with this along with the fixtures after championship finishes is that the GAA have put a cap on numbers able to compete in club SFC to 16 from 2023 so how do you cut that from 24 teams in 1A & 1B?

Option C = 6 divisions of 8 (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3C) 7 starred, 7 regular and league to finish before championship begins.

I think that is all the detail but open to correction if anyone knows better.

It is imperative imo that league is finished before championship begins so thats why i don't think Option B will work as well as the complications with having too many senior clubs.

If i had a vote I would go with what we currently have as it has the stipulation that league is wrapped up before championship.
Option C in my opinion is the best option.
There is a need for change the option A league hasn't worked for a long time. Option B with 22 games is not realistic.
Option C is the best option - starred teams aren't disadvantaged with the different point structure, the 1A1B2A... format takes away some of the up and down effect we have seen in recent years with Edendork, Galbally etc and most importantly the fixtures are manageable and will all be finished before the championship starts.

blewuporstuffed

The next two rounds of minor fixtures are ridiculous. 6.30 on a Wednesday evening and no leeway allowed for changing times. >:(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone11234

They were 6:15 last September with no exceptions.

blewuporstuffed

Dromore to Ardboe
Augher to Urney
Drumquin to clogher
For 6.30 throw in on a Wednesday evening.
Not much thought given to players or coaches when making those fixtures
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Onthe40

not much thought given full stop, some v one sided scorelines in u13 league,, know of a few clubs decimated by lads playing soccer, rugby etc with 3-4 weeks of season left to finish up.. these lads have been playing since last sept so unfair to ask them to stop with their season so close to the finish..one club had to pull out completely of their league and I know of another thinking of doing the same..

marty34

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 21, 2022, 09:37:28 AM
not much thought given full stop, some v one sided scorelines in u13 league,, know of a few clubs decimated by lads playing soccer, rugby etc with 3-4 weeks of season left to finish up.. these lads have been playing since last sept so unfair to ask them to stop with their season so close to the finish..one club had to pull out completely of their league and I know of another thinking of doing the same..

I said this on another page - club season is starting far too early.

Is tbere not supposed to be a spmit county/club season.

square_ball

A lot of clubs are struggling with numbers even those fielding 11 a side. I see Stewartstown have pulled out of the u13s. What's going on there Clarshak? Always thought they had decent enough numbers at underage level.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on March 21, 2022, 10:06:24 AM
A lot of clubs are struggling with numbers even those fielding 11 a side. I see Stewartstown have pulled out of the u13s. What's going on there Clarshak? Always thought they had decent enough numbers at underage level.

Think we were really hit with the 'bad birthday' scenario, so the team would have been very young. just bad luck i guess.
imo the youth ages should incorporate half years up until minor as it would certainly help the smaller clubs in being able to field.

square_ball

Would agree with that too. Going by the school years makes sense to me and would do away with the bad birthday scenario.

scout

Can only speak for my own club, but I know 99% of players have voted on the proposal A - the status quo.

In hiding

Quote from: square_ball on March 21, 2022, 12:00:33 PM
Would agree with that too. Going by the school years makes sense to me and would do away with the bad birthday scenario.
There will always be bad birthdays.
They will just be moved from Oct, Nov, Dec to April, May and June

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 21, 2022, 12:51:54 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on March 21, 2022, 09:37:28 AM

The U18/17 & U14/13 club leagues in Tyrone have commenced in the first half of March (except for the last couple of years for obvious reasons) for as long as I can remember - when I was playing at U14 level back in the early 90's training started in January.

Edit: And just to add, even back then we had issues as some players also played snooker/pool and were often away at mini tournaments on Saturdays, clashing with games. One time we fielded against Loughmacrory with just 14 starters.

Fintona in Grade 2 this year at U17 along with the likes of Errigal, Clonoe, Coalisland. Going well.