Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Edited

Sorry I didn't know Clar had beat me to it wrt fixtures.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: clarshack on November 05, 2007, 04:29:57 PM
surely strabane should be playing at the same time as urney and augher?

Sigersons are having their annual awards Dinner-Dance on this Saturday clar, and this might have prompted the earlier accommodation of the Strabane-Greencastle tie.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Suits me, as I'll be out in Strabane on Saturday night.

What's the mood like in Strabane Fear for the game on Friday?
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 05, 2007, 04:46:57 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 05, 2007, 04:29:57 PM
surely strabane should be playing at the same time as urney and augher?

Sigersons are having their annual awards Dinner-Dance on this Saturday clar, and this might have prompted the earlier accommodation of the Strabane-Greencastle tie.

just wondering. i'm sure urney and especially augher will be a bit unhappy about that considering augher couldnt get a game moved because of their gala do.

Doire abú

Quote from: Mullinahoe on November 05, 2007, 04:00:26 PM
was at the thousandaire also. hear they raised £50k. great night.

Thought the thousandair would have been cancelled. Sure was Gerry Higgins not supposed to be MC?

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2007, 03:59:14 PM
I was indeed  - it was a brilliant night - seemed to be a big success. Were you there yourself ?

Was at it yes, it went well alright.

Did they not announce approximately £40k? Welcome to the board by the way!

Quote from: clarshack on November 05, 2007, 04:27:07 PM
hear they raised £50k

how? was it not just £10 in. dont think ardboe hall can hold 5000+ people. you must mean £5K

It was £10 in but there were adverts sold also

loughshore lad

Quote from: Doire abú on November 05, 2007, 04:51:31 PM

Thought the thousandair would have been cancelled. Sure was Gerry Higgins not supposed to be MC?

Dont think so.

Norf Tyrone

I was at a thousandaire show in Ballybofey in feb, and it's a pretty slick deal. I made a proposal to run one at our Club, but it got shot down...too much work the reason  ::)

Fair play Ardboe if you lifted 40k.

Some Clubs down souf have lifted up to 90k on occasions!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doire abú

Missed a good night then by the sounds of it. Meant to go to it, but just assumne it'd be called off.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on November 05, 2007, 04:48:48 PM

What's the mood like in Strabane Fear for the game on Friday?

Fairly upbeat Ziggy after yesterday's performance, but in the knowledge that regardless of the Greencastle game it's out of the club's hands at this stage, but we'll give it a right lash against yourselves in any case and hope that Drumquin can do us a good turn ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mullinahoe

Not bad 40-50k for the thousandaire and 75-80k for their gala dinner. not a bad year. Gerry wasnt to be MC da pallas crowd provide it. prob best to save any questions about fixing. Fair play to Gerry also, wanted to see the show go on ahead in trying circumstances. true club man. the aul phone a friend was a good laugh too.

sam03/05

anyone hear hpw the carmen dinner went?did they raise much money?

Aaron Boone

I still think Dromore will give the league a fair old rattle. They hadn't won anything major before 2002 so trophies are still scant in the cabinet. And they wouldn't have gone on and won the big one this year without the 3 league wins.

orangeman

Welcome to the board Mullinahoe !

Yes gentlemen ,we had a big night on Saturday night and raised between 40 and 50k - you're right Clarshack - it was £ 10 in - but we produced a booklet on the night which contained the names of those who sponsored the night - we had about 200 sponsors at £ 200 a go and the outlays are minimal - it was such a boost ! Great way of making money quickly -

tieroan

I heard Carmen made a balls up in the auction with peoples bids being missed and the most valuable thing of the night being decided to be kept in the club and not auctioned. Maybe they dont need the money as Dom must be leaving. All in all i think they made over 100k which would be good enough but not overly good.