Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Is Cassidy not also over Bellaghy minors this year?

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on September 27, 2017, 11:19:40 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 10:18:05 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 10:07:19 AM
Damian Cassidy has surly underachieved with Clonoe given the talent at his disposal and the wage he lifts.

2 senior championships 2 senior leagues 1 under 21 and ulster under 21 in 8 seasons plus several reserve champions..... so maybe or maybe not who knows.....

Did he manage all those teams u21 and reserve too

Under 21's yes and at least one of the reserve wins

southtyronegael

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 27, 2017, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 27, 2017, 11:32:19 AM
Looking forward to hearing STG's thoughts on the game last night?

It doesn't get much more insightful than his opinion that McKernan can handle Mark Bradley based on last years championship in which Bradley scored 14 points over two games v Coalisland, 8 or 9 of them from play.
mc kernan held Bradley to 2 from play in drawn game and like I said he was the only one who came close to marking him last year. Didn't Bradley destroy the county men mc Crory and mc Carron last year? Is mc kernan not worthy of a county call up?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 27, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

It doesn't get much more insightful than his opinion that McKernan can handle Mark Bradley based on last years championship in which Bradley scored 14 points over two games v Coalisland, 8 or 9 of them from play.
mc kernan held Bradley to 2 from play in drawn game and like I said he was the only one who came close to marking him last year. Didn't Bradley destroy the county men mc Crory and mc Carron last year? Is mc kernan not worthy of a county call up?

I didn't say he didn't deserve a call up but I wouldn't be basing it on how he handled Mark Bradley who scored 8 or 9 from play in the 2 championship games last year.

tothetop03

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 27, 2017, 02:15:58 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on September 27, 2017, 01:04:58 PM

I didn't say he didn't deserve a call up but I wouldn't be basing it on how he handled Mark Bradley who scored 8 or 9 from play in the 2 championship games last year.

Was McKernan not involved at some stage early last year....

The Bearded One

he definitely played v UUJ in Carrickmore along with Ben O'Donnell from Errigal.
It is what it is. Presumably.

clarshack

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 09:21:58 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 27, 2017, 09:17:55 AM
Pomeroy have come a long way since being dumped out of the 1st round of the championship by Derrytresk in 2015. Also in 2014 they needed a replay to overcome Brackaville in the 1st round. Just shows what can happen when a club gets it's act together.

Stewartstown should take note as they have the players to do same... i hope they do...

our lads have the skills but most of them would need serious physical conditioning in order to compete at a higher level.

anyway i think if Pomeroy had another few days they would def take Errigal. probably be a 50/50 game now.  the likes of Denver Nugent must be around 34, so 3 tough games in 8 days could take its toll. hopefully they can pull it off...

Onthe40

Pomeroy have come a long way since being dumped out of the 1st round of the championship by Derrytresk in 2015. Also in 2014 they needed a replay to overcome Brackaville in the 1st round. Just shows what can happen when a club gets it's act together.

Some difference in the direction Pomeroy and Derytresk have gone in 2 years...Hill hammered last weekend in junior...

under the bar

Quote from: clarshack on September 27, 2017, 04:50:02 PM

Stewartstown should take note as they have the players to do same... i hope they do...

our lads have the skills but most of them would need serious physical conditioning in order to compete at a higher level.

anyway i think if Pomeroy had another few days they would def take Errigal. probably be a 50/50 game now.  the likes of Denver Nugent must be around 34, so 3 tough games in 8 days could take its toll. hopefully they can pull it off...

The 'roy boys will need to be at their best AND hope that Errigal have an off day.  Bring it on!!

Club boi

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 11:54:46 AM
Damian Cassidy has surly underachieved with Clonoe given the talent at his disposal and the wage he lifts.

2 senior championships 2 senior leagues 1 under 21 and ulster under 21 in 8 seasons plus several reserve champions..... so maybe or maybe not who knows.....

Spoke with a Clonoe man today. He says the Reserve Wins were all with different club managers in charge and since Cassidy has taken more involvement, they haven't gotten close past 3 years

His opinion was Cassidy has cost more Championships than he has won. Reckons a better manager could have won more with the talent the club HAD, unfortunately a fair share of those on the team last night are at the end of their careers. Im not sure but he says Cassidy has been there 9 years!! Surely time for a fresh start, especially with a lot of rebuilding needed.

To comment on Cassidys manors at games, we were behind him in Carrickmore and Edendork and we only ever heard him shout at the Ref, not any of his players, this also goes for instructions onto the pitch

Club boi

Quote from: Club boi on September 10, 2017, 10:05:30 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 10, 2017, 07:57:34 AM
Quote from: Club boi on September 09, 2017, 07:22:51 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 09, 2017, 07:05:45 PM
The champions gone at the first hurdle.

I'm really glad for Mark "Money" Harte and his mate. Surprised they haven't been roaded yet from Ballinderry after their Horrible tactics and Horror show V Slaughtneil

I'm sure well over half the managers in Tyrone football are getting money including ones that have been involved in your own club. Why single out mark harte in relation to this? He's in the earlier stages of his managerial career and has a very good record.

Leaving a team building towards An All Ireland Competition for most likely more coin, only to be destroyed with horrible tactics and set up, to then see your old team beat the Current County Champions. I hope they are regretting it. Jumping Club to Club won't do them any long term favours

lol Mark "Money" Harte - More Enjoyable now watching their old team knock out another top team while they sit at home after collecting Ballinderrys money. An Even better is Pomeroy now play Errigal, I really hope their fairytale continues and they seek out the 2 men after the final whistle and stick 2 fingers up at them. Mc Guckin has done some job there

Omagh have been the most impressive so far after seeing them in Armagh but I have a feeling Trillick will edge it in a very feisty affair

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Club boi on September 27, 2017, 11:44:21 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 27, 2017, 11:54:46 AM

Spoke with a Clonoe man today. He says the Reserve Wins were all with different club managers in charge and since Cassidy has taken more involvement, they haven't gotten close past 3 years

His opinion was Cassidy has cost more Championships than he has won. Reckons a better manager could have won more with the talent the club HAD, unfortunately a fair share of those on the team last night are at the end of their careers. Im not sure but he says Cassidy has been there 9 years!! Surely time for a fresh start, especially with a lot of rebuilding needed.

To comment on Cassidys manors at games, we were behind him in Carrickmore and Edendork and we only ever heard him shout at the Ref, not any of his players, this also goes for instructions onto the pitch

I have to say a lot of this is true but what also is true is the way he has spoken to his players he belittles them I am lead to believe he has had no confidence from his team all year only for Niall being with him. The team voted overwhelmingly against him last year 27 to 3 for him to go only their committee decided differently. This might not be all truth and just men hurting after a game they feel they should have won. Tothetop would know he is rightly up in the club.

TopOfTheRight13

To the top is of the opinion only for Cassidy.. He could be one of the committee member.. Cassidy is a dinosaur in terms of football.. His man management skills are the worst because he has got such a high opinion of himself.. The man likes to reminisce about past glories particularly 2008..if you were apart of 08 panel you get a by pass onto the field.. He takes credit for win and blames players for losses.. He goes quiet when games are slipping away but if your beating a team on sideline he is very animated.. Clonoe folk think he's the reason for the two championship win.. Nothing to do with the players involved

under the bar

So what did that team win before Cassidy arrived?

Under Lights

Quote from: inowbest on September 28, 2017, 09:22:32 AM
The club managerial merry go round is in full effect. Cassidy will more than likely go, Dromore managers may go too, will McGuigan stay with Ardboe? What about McCallan in carrickmore? heard from a few carrickmore ones that it was the young fella on the management that did most of the tactical stuff for the championship games, cant remember his name but they seemed pretty keen on him. Coaisland managers already away is the rumours but surely not, are they not in the league semis?
Anyway im Really looking forward to this weeks game. Pomeroy will be a big test for us and after our performance last week against Carrickmore we need to improve but I think we will. The quick turn around for Pomeroy should give us an advantage hopefully but it wont b easy. Was in Armagh the other night, anyone know if big loughran will be fit for the game? would be a big loss to them if not.

They will probably just get rid of another coach instead.