Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: redhandofgod on August 09, 2017, 11:00:38 AM
Was McShane not in the 26 for the Armagh game because he played for his club the previous week?
Heard that

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 09, 2017, 11:24:48 AM
Was McShane not in the 26 for the Armagh game because he played for his club the previous week?
Heard that
Heard he asked could he play the starred game, was told it was up to him. Went and played. Trained all week with Tyrone and then wasnt named on the bench and given number 33 on Saturday. He could be put in an awkward position regarding Junior Championship.

tinder5

Quote from: GaelTheGael on August 09, 2017, 11:46:54 AM
Heard that
Heard he asked could he play the starred game, was told it was up to him. Went and played. Trained all week with Tyrone and then wasnt named on the bench and given number 33 on Saturday. He could be put in an awkward position regarding Junior Championship.
Think the issue with that was that Div 1&2 were starred fixtures but Div 3 wasn't a round of starred fixtures.

clarshack

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2017, 10:33:59 AM
Quote from: ON THE HILL on August 09, 2017, 10:31:56 AM
So the county board put a round of fixtures on next Sunday (20th ) same time as mayo v kerry? Surely these games could be played saturday evening?

They really cant win sometimes though.

If they put them on the Saturday evening ,we would have lads on here crying that it doesn't suit people who work on Saturdays.

probably, but from a Tyrone point of view you would think that there would be massive interest in the other semi-final and a lot of people would be looking to watch it, therefore saturday or sunday evening would surely suit better for the club games?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on August 09, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
So the county board put a round of fixtures on next Sunday (20th ) same time as mayo v kerry? Surely these games could be played saturday evening?

If they put them on the Saturday evening ,we would have lads on here crying that it doesn't suit people who work on Saturdays.

probably, but from a Tyrone point of view you would think that there would be massive interest in the other semi-final and a lot of people would be looking to watch it, therefore saturday or sunday evening would surely suit better for the club games?

I agree, when i was playing i would have much preferred saturday evening fixtures anyway, particularity over the summer.
I am just saying that they tend to get criticised no matter what they do,as its impossible to please everyone
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ON THE HILL

everybody will want to watch that semi final...simple

time ticking away

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 09, 2017, 11:58:22 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 09, 2017, 11:51:37 AM

I agree, when i was playing i would have much preferred saturday evening fixtures anyway, particularity over the summer.
I am just saying that they tend to get criticised no matter what they do,as its impossible to please everyone
It wouldn't be hard for the two clubs to agree to play on the Saturday evening
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Beantown

Heard that

Unless my eyes deceived me Skeet was 33 on Saturday

Under Lights

Quote from: Beantown on August 10, 2017, 02:16:24 PM
Heard that

Unless my eyes deceived me Skeet was 33 on Saturday

You've eyes were deceived. Skeet was 34 on Sunday. The other has the truth of it, Cathal wore 33.

Fuzzman

That's great news about Skeet?
Has he played much for Clonoe?
How long was he out for in total?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 10, 2017, 05:32:56 PM
Injured back in January, so out for just under 7 months. Dont think hes been back out for Clonoe yet, open to correction on that.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 10, 2017, 11:17:23 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 10, 2017, 05:32:56 PM
Injured back in January, so out for just under 7 months. Dont think hes been back out for Clonoe yet, open to correction on that.

No he hasnt played for Clonoe since the injury. He is back in full training, some recovery, just hope he isnt coming back too soon. Usually a lot of niggly injuries follow a cruciate injury. Hes certainly young enough and looks after himself well enough to make a full recovery.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

skeog

Be next year imo before he will be back.Hope he has better recovery than Conor Clarke who never got back after coming back to quick imo.

omagh_gael

Quote from: skeog on August 11, 2017, 01:33:57 PM
Be next year imo before he will be back.Hope he has better recovery than Conor Clarke who never got back after coming back to quick imo.

Conor was playing for Omagh reserves in the championship the other week. His injury came at a horrible time for him as he was starting to play a big role for Tyrone. However, you could argue that his (limited) mobility may not have matched the system we currently play.

on the sideline

Very little word of the Junior Championship on here.
Big win for Owen Roes who have Fintona up next. The Pearses were very impressive in the first half against Drumragh on Sunday evening but visibly tired as the game wore on.  They'll need a full game at the level of the first half if they are to pull of a shock win - but Owen Roes will need to guard against complacency. 
Tattyreagh will have to count themselves lucky to still be in the hat.  Thought Beragh out played them and outdid them tactically on Sunday. Though it was glaringly obvious where the Beragh scoring threat was coming from, the Tatts line seemed very slow to do anything about it and it very nearly cost them. You'd expect them to learn the most lessons for the replay. Have to say young Jack Campbell at full forward for Beragh was outstanding.
Clogher had a big win after establishing a commanding half time lead and have picked up momentum in the league recently.  Brockagh had a good win over Bracakaville and will be fancying their chances of making a push.
Clan na Gael have a lot of their experienced heads back on board and will be a hard to team to beat. Their forward line looks a lot more dangerous than at any time over the past 3 or 4 years but the key will be keeping those men fit. They have Drumquin next I think and will be fancying their chances against the Wolfe Tones who knocked Kileeshil out at the weekend.

Have Derrytresk played yet? Is it Errigal thirds they have? If so that Errigal thirds team have a lot of good players on board this year and are capable of causing a shock result there. But Derrytresk would certainly be favourites on paper.