Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2017, 11:47:54 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 09, 2017, 10:52:17 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 09:22:37 AM
Referees may be a problem for a saturday as a high percentage also referee soccer...

Not questioning you but i am surprised by this.  What referees also referee soccer?

Connelly,bert mohan,dermot monaghan,gerard devlin,eugene hughes 5 that i know off... i was told most sundays just enough referees to go around and nothing more....

Surely splitting fixtures across Sat and Sun would help this?

It would and it wouldn't, clubs would complain that there's no consistency with fixtures, maybe a wedding in one area when the CCC release fixtures.   You can see it happening.  I think clubs should pro actively agree to switch games that suit both sets of players rather than the CCC to set games on a Saturday which may lead to fall out
Living the dream!!!

TabClear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 09, 2017, 12:01:17 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2017, 11:47:54 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on May 09, 2017, 10:52:17 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on May 09, 2017, 09:22:37 AM
Referees may be a problem for a saturday as a high percentage also referee soccer...

Not questioning you but i am surprised by this.  What referees also referee soccer?

Connelly,bert mohan,dermot monaghan,gerard devlin,eugene hughes 5 that i know off... i was told most sundays just enough referees to go around and nothing more....

Surely splitting fixtures across Sat and Sun would help this?

It would and it wouldn't, clubs would complain that there's no consistency with fixtures, maybe a wedding in one area when the CCC release fixtures.   You can see it happening.  I think clubs should pro actively agree to switch games that suit both sets of players rather than the CCC to set games on a Saturday which may lead to fall out

In my experience once the soccer season ends most clubs would prefer to play saturday evening.  The problem is that as soon as one club requests it from another the rumours start.  I.e they want to change because their best player is away,  5 boys away on a stag etc etc. Then the club's who is being asked to change think they have a better chance on the Sunday so no change!

Tyrone Gaa

Relegation battle in Division 2 tonight, Cookstown v Rock.  Rock must have one eye on a Junior championship run next year and another Ulster title and unexpectedly (by me anyhow) Cookstown find themselves struggling.  Mugsy surely isn't that big a loss to the club.
Living the dream!!!

Oghams Law

Couldnt agree more with having more friday night and saturday league matches & playing reserve games on a diff day to senior. Married with three young children, only turned 33 and will have to pull the pin at end of this year even though im still playin for seniors. The misses works saturday so sunday is our only day to spend time with the children and a match takes up more or less the entire day.

Fuzzman

Saw this post in the Derry club thread regarding teams playing defensive systems and the number of goals scored.

Division 1 Games
Derry - 39 games / 79 goals = Avg. 2 goals per game
Tyrone - 39 games / 86 goals = Avg. 2.2 goals per game
Antrim - 23 games / 60 goals = Avg. 2.6 goals per game
Down - 30 games / 46 goals = Avg. 1.5 goals per game

Club boi

Quote from: Oghams Law on May 11, 2017, 11:40:28 AM
Couldnt agree more with having more friday night and saturday league matches & playing reserve games on a diff day to senior. Married with three young children, only turned 33 and will have to pull the pin at end of this year even though im still playin for seniors. The misses works saturday so sunday is our only day to spend time with the children and a match takes up more or less the entire day.

Thats a shame, if only someone would actually take note of players opinions perhaps things could improve for the Club Player

Redhand Santa

They should mix it up more. Different days will suit different people. Even take the example above there'll be other boys who's Mrs work on a sat that would have to look after the kids. Or other boys who work on a sat evening that the games wouldn't suit.

Always thought Friday night was a good night for games. But when they tried to play games on a thurs night clubs said they had players working away that wouldn't be home on time, you'd imagine that could be an issue on a Friday to especially if you played reserves first. And when you don't play reserves first people complain that players have to travel twice for both senior and reserve games.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 11, 2017, 06:40:28 PM
They should mix it up more. Different days will suit different people. Even take the example above there'll be other boys who's Mrs work on a sat that would have to look after the kids. Or other boys who work on a sat evening that the games wouldn't suit.

Always thought Friday night was a good night for games. But when they tried to play games on a thurs night clubs said they had players working away that wouldn't be home on time, you'd imagine that could be an issue on a Friday to especially if you played reserves first. And when you don't play reserves first people complain that players have to travel twice for both senior and reserve games.
Agreed, playing the reserves games on a different day is completely out the question in my opinion.  Getting players out one day of the week may be hard enough but put yourself in a players shoes who is being asked to play both senior and reserve games in the one weekend. Not going to happen

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Club boi on May 11, 2017, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: Oghams Law on May 11, 2017, 11:40:28 AM

Thats a shame, if only someone would actually take note of players opinions perhaps things could improve for the Club Player

Express those opinions to your clubs county board delegate. If enough do it then it should be on the agenda for next year.

square_ball

That's why the reserve leagues need to change altogether. Have reserve leagues split east and west 2 leagues in each region. Less travelling with the localised element. I think the current format is so outdated and leads to problems.

Club boi

That's not a bad idea for separate days. East and West

Ty4Sam

I've said it before. Split reserves into East/West and into 2 divisions each so you have East 1/East 2/West 1 and West 2. Games played Friday nights, Top 2 or 4 in each group go into quarter/semi finals. Run these off over consecutive weeks with no postponements. Pretty similar to how youth football is done, which in my opinion is a success.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 12, 2017, 10:37:35 AM
I've said it before. Split reserves into East/West and into 2 divisions each so you have East 1/East 2/West 1 and West 2. Games played Friday nights, Top 2 or 4 in each group go into quarter/semi finals. Run these off over consecutive weeks with no postponements. Pretty similar to how youth football is done, which in my opinion is a success.
I still feel it wouldnt matter if the fixture is being played with the neighbours 5 mile down the road.  Asking any player to come out twice over the weekend to play football matches (in which they might only play one) is not going to work. 

square_ball

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 12, 2017, 10:52:11 AM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 12, 2017, 10:37:35 AM
I still feel it wouldnt matter if the fixture is being played with the neighbours 5 mile down the road.  Asking any player to come out twice over the weekend to play football matches (in which they might only play one) is not going to work.

I know what you mean but think it's worth a go anyway. The reserve leagues are becoming unworkable the amount of matches conceded already this year show that.

DownFanatic

In Down we have our senior games on a Friday night.
Sunday is for reserve football.
There is an All County Premier Reserve League at 2pm. This contains all the top clubs' reserve sides.
Then at 6pm there is the South Down and East Down Reserve Leagues.
Generally made up of reserve sides and a handful of third's teams.
The amount of reserve fixtures conceded in Down is pretty high as well.