Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 18, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 18, 2017, 02:26:35 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on April 18, 2017, 02:17:26 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on April 15, 2017, 08:06:27 PM
Lee Brennan scored 3-14 tonight for Trillick, 3-8 from play. Impressive
[/qu

Big scoring is right but Im afraid it was against a reserve Strabane defense. He wont score any more than a point or 2 against the top 3 or 4 sides, hence why he isn't starting for Tyrone. I wish he was the answer up front but he is not

so let's see who else scores 3-14 against Strabane... Tyrone dont want scoring forwards...

Look its like this, if he was producing it for Tyrone at training / in house games, he would be playing. Hes not

What did he score off Hampsey last week?
What will he score off McCrory next week?

seanmc123

Quote from: LeoMc on April 18, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
[/qu

Big scoring is right but Im afraid it was against a reserve Strabane defense. He wont score any more than a point or 2 against the top 3 or 4 sides, hence why he isn't starting for Tyrone. I wish he was the answer up front but he is not

You tell me ?

so let's see who else scores 3-14 against Strabane... Tyrone dont want scoring forwards...

Look its like this, if he was producing it for Tyrone at training / in house games, he would be playing. Hes not

HalfBack7

Quote from: Club boi on April 18, 2017, 02:07:14 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 17, 2017, 10:57:02 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on April 17, 2017, 12:44:35 PM
Cookstown followers appear to have adopted the verbals and cowardly behaviour of their on field representatives. When will this cesspit be sorted once and for all?

I don't know the story between Cookstown/ Moortown and what happened on the day but there can't be many clubs in the county that don't have a hatred for Cookstown and their antics on and off the field. There is little or no morals within this club.

You sound surprised!!! Their supporters have always been the worst vile bunch for years, right from underage up to the seniors

Couldn't agree more. The worst bunch of c***s I've ever come up against. Manners are easily carried, unfortunately it looks like the Fr Rocks club don't teach any!

LeoMc

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 18, 2017, 02:48:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on April 18, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
[/qu

You tell me ?

Is that a question?
As I was not at Coalisland v Trillick I have no idea what he scored or even if Padraig Hampsey marked him. McKernan would have been just as likely to pick him up. Now have you any idea what he scored against Coalisland?

longballin

Still three minutes in National League must have give Mickey a good idea of what Brennan can do  ::)

seanmc123

Quote from: longballin on April 18, 2017, 04:10:49 PM
Still three minutes in National League must have give Mickey a good idea of what Brennan can do  ::)

I thought you where being smart saying he scored a lot of Hamsey last week and will do the same to Mccrory this week.

I have no idea as i don't follow Coalisland

BennyHarp

Lee has gone and ruined Mickey's master plan of keeping him under wraps until unleashing him at the business end of the championship. Now he's all over the press and everyone is talking about him .....back to the drawing board for a new tactic.
That was never a square ball!!

LeoMc

Quote from: seanmc123 on April 18, 2017, 04:33:44 PM

I thought you where being smart saying he scored a lot of Hamsey last week and will do the same to Mccrory this week.

No, I just think performing against those lads would be a better indication of where he was at than measuring up against Strabanes 'reserve" defence.

Il Bomber Destro

Brennan clearly has talent and I think he'd have got a lot more chances the past two seasons were it not for u21 involvement.

However people who are insisting he is the answer need their heads checked, the jury is still out as to whether he's a better option than McCurry or O'Neill (he certainly deserves a chance to prove that however). He hasn't really stepped up too well as the main forward for the u21s in the past two years and he's not really much different style wise from McCurry, O'Neill or Bradley.

Bradley will be the main man in the inside forward line this year and the other jersey is up for grabs. I'd like to see Brennan get a chance and I think he deserves that chance but expecting that he will automatically be better than the current options there is foolish. Maybe he will but he has everything to prove. The form of McCurry is very worrying, he looks a player utterly bereft of confidence toward the end of the league and seems to have regressed after his early promise in a Tyrone jersey.

Is Mulgrew a viable option for one of the inside forwards spots?

seanmc123

Quote from: LeoMc on April 18, 2017, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: seanmc123 on April 18, 2017, 04:33:44 PM

I don't think he would get much change out of Hampsey, mcnamee, McCarron

Do you ?
No, I just think performing against those lads would be a better indication of where he was at than measuring up against Strabanes 'reserve" defence.

southtyronegael

Lee Brennan is a special talent. Some on here think he cant do it against the top teams in Tyrone? Truth is he already has.his county medal from 2015 proves that. I hope he doesn't kick a ball for Tyrone this year.

southtyronegael

I see johnny  Lafferty scored 1-6 off Aiden mc Crory last week. Brennan will have a field day on him

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 08:45:15 PM
Lee Brennan is a special talent. Some on here think he cant do it against the top teams in Tyrone? Truth is he already has.his county medal from 2015 proves that. I hope he doesn't kick a ball for Tyrone this year.

Why couldn't he do it against Donegal u21s this year so?

southtyronegael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 18, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

cause Tyrone u21s play the same defensive shite that Tyrone seniors play. Impossible for good forwards to play that system.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 18, 2017, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 18, 2017, 09:37:17 PM

cause Tyrone u21s play the same defensive shite that Tyrone seniors play. Impossible for good forwards to play that system.

Maybe he lacks the physicality to be a top player at the top level of modern day intercounty football.

You look at forwards of similar stature in other counties, very little of them are getting game time.