Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on February 14, 2017, 10:44:05 AM
It will cut out the promotion and relegation play offs by sounds of it so that will reduce 2 to 3 games the county players are available for.

Its a pity the numbers don't work cause to me 10 team divisions would work better. With 9 starred and 9 non starred. 9 starred games should still lead to more regular games during the summer and obviously 9 non starred would be easier than 11.

If Tyrone got knocked out early I'm sure they'd just reduce the starred games but still keep the matches that are down for 2 points the same as couldn't change the points system at that stage. Would be no logic in stopping Tyrone players play once out as why penalise the clubs with county men.

Getting rid of the Play offs isnt a bad thing, and there are merits in a  1a & 1b with a  24 team senior championship (the way we used to have it) i just would have my doubts about the workability of a tiered points system depending if county players play or not.
Not every team has county players and there is something not right about playing a team twice in a season and one of the fixures being worth double the points of the other one, when clubs could potentially have exactly the same personnel available for both fixtures.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on February 14, 2017, 06:33:58 PM
Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 11, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 10, 2017, 08:56:01 AM
http://saoradh.ie/psni-to-train-coalisland-kids-through-gaa-boxing-club-saoradh-nuacht/ any word of this?

Big statement from a grouping with no mandate. Also calling to a pensioners house at 10:30 on a cold winters night, is that not a bit intimidating. Be interesting to know how many really objected to this scheme. I know a few people were not happy when they heard about it. It certainly is a real change in circumstances considering the areas history.

What part of what they wrote did you not agree with...Out of a matter of interest...

Did I say I didn't agree with it?

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 16, 2017, 09:03:15 AM
http://saoradh.ie/psni-to-train-coalisland-kids-through-gaa-boxing-club-saoradh-nuacht/ any word of this?

Big statement from a grouping with no mandate. Also calling to a pensioners house at 10:30 on a cold winters night, is that not a bit intimidating. Be interesting to know how many really objected to this scheme. I know a few people were not happy when they heard about it. It certainly is a real change in circumstances considering the areas history.

What part of what they wrote did you not agree with...Out of a matter of interest...

Good enough...Very sensitive in any Gaa club these issues...

blackball

Quote from: tothetop03 on February 16, 2017, 09:58:58 AM

Sure the text message clearly states that if you are not happy to let your child go then its understandable so dont send them to it. Seems straight forward enough

tothetop03

Quote from: blackball on February 16, 2017, 12:14:58 PM

Sure the text message clearly states that if you are not happy to let your child go then its understandable so dont send them to it. Seems straight forward enough

Yeah straight forward surely, I hope the psni never get through the door of my Club for the time being....

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on February 16, 2017, 12:24:14 PM

Yeah straight forward surely, I hope the psni never get through the door of my Club for the time being....

The whole thing has been quietened down this last week not much talk of it. I think mostly it was misunderstood what actually was happening.

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 16, 2017, 05:26:21 PM

The whole thing has been quietened down this last week not much talk of it. I think mostly it was misunderstood what actually was happening.

Hope that draws a line under it....

In hiding

Any word when the club minor leagues start

vallankumous

I wouldn't like it either.  Ballsy move by the club. These gambles often don't see the a result for a while. When it's a hot issue many people put their heads down and don't like to talk about it but after a while the real feelings towards it can come out.

tothetop03

Quote from: vallankumous on February 17, 2017, 08:30:42 AM

I wouldn't like it either.  Ballsy move by the club. These gambles often don't see the a result for a while. When it's a hot issue many people put their heads down and don't like to talk about it but after a while the real feelings towards it can come out.
[/quo

Things too hot in this area especially the week before the 25th Anniversary of Clonoe shootings...cannot understand their thinking in in all... but decision may have been made by 1 or 2 people who misunderstood the feeling of the people....

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: tothetop03 on February 17, 2017, 03:31:34 PM

[/quo

Things too hot in this area especially the week before the 25th Anniversary of Clonoe shootings...cannot understand their thinking in in all... but decision may have been made by 1 or 2 people who misunderstood the feeling of the people....

Think it was a committee decision who decided rightly or wrongly to help out the local boxing club who are in a bit of bother financially, that's another issue, and the local area which is an area labelled an area of high deprivation. The message was sent out to all parents of the team taking part stating what was taking part  and if they were unhappy that it was ok not to participate and one parent objected.

On another note 25 years ago things were very different to the way they are today, times are a lot better more opportunities. I'm sure tothetop03 you will agree and anything which can help move our society on to a better place can only be a good thing. No one wants to go back 25 years to the carnage that that was.

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 18, 2017, 08:58:09 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on February 17, 2017, 03:31:34 PM

[/quo

Think it was a committee decision who decided rightly or wrongly to help out the local boxing club who are in a bit of bother financially, that's another issue, and the local area which is an area labelled an area of high deprivation. The message was sent out to all parents of the team taking part stating what was taking part  and if they were unhappy that it was ok not to participate and one parent objected.

On another note 25 years ago things were very different to the way they are today, times are a lot better more opportunities. I'm sure tothetop03 you will agree and anything which can help move our society on to a better place can only be a good thing. No one wants to go back 25 years to the carnage that that was.

After reading your first line....We will leave it at that i suggest....Good luck..

Scoring Zone

unlucky Rock, sore loss against another strong Kerry Divisional side (which is an utter balls of a system imo) at this grade

skeog

Ref was very poor he watching too many Ronseal ads.