Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galer

Not an advocate of paying managers but if someone offers u silly money to secure ur services would u turn it down.dont think so .too many lads on here think they can manage there club(myself included) but in reality are not capable

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 10, 2017, 08:56:01 AM
http://saoradh.ie/psni-to-train-coalisland-kids-through-gaa-boxing-club-saoradh-nuacht/ any word of this?

Big statement from a grouping with no mandate. Also calling to a pensioners house at 10:30 on a cold winters night, is that not a bit intimidating. Be interesting to know how many really objected to this scheme. I know a few people were not happy when they heard about it. It certainly is a real change in circumstances considering the areas history.

longballin

Quote from: Galer on February 11, 2017, 12:26:42 AM
Not an advocate of paying managers but if someone offers u silly money to secure ur services would u turn it down.dont think so .too many lads on here think they can manage there club(myself included) but in reality are not capable

a lot of outside money men bluffers cant do it either - we only hear of the winners.

Galer

Thats where a bit of research is required longballin.granted there is a hell of a lot of cowboys out there but are clubs hiring these people with genuine champ ambitions or just fillin a post quick to avoid a row with the clubman.i agree to many boys go a year here a year there but it is the clubs fault for hiring them.u wouldnt hire a dummy to manage ur business would you?but there are some brilliant managers out there paid or not

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 10, 2017, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 10, 2017, 03:13:30 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 10, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on February 10, 2017, 02:00:57 PM
Lads, Our county manager is getting paid. What is the big deal about an ordinary man to get paid! Physios get paid, should they be doing it for nothing, wise up and clear your eyes of the dust, I don't see why not but the Dungannon fiasco is not on if that's what its going towards.

the big deal is the pride of the GAA was always the spirit of the volunteer and amateur status but that has been blown apart by a shower of hungry hures using the GAA unashamedly to line their pockets including county managers.

Physio is a profession so cant be compared to a manager.  A paid manager is taking a full time work salary then claiming a tax free salary under the table bleeding clubs.  The county manager I se as a different proposition it could be classed as a full time profession these days with the development/professionalism of the games.  A manager is also a magnet for media scrutiny, he's up there to be shot at by the nation in some cases.  So there are extra pressures with the county post. I don't know if Mickey's salary is disclosed or hidden under some other heading within the accounts.

Wouldn't the physio be getting paid in cash by the clubs?

No a lot of physios submit invoices to clubs well that's what our club physio is required to do.
Living the dream!!!

youhavenofans

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 14, 2017, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: youhavenofans on February 10, 2017, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 10, 2017, 03:13:30 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 10, 2017, 02:09:33 PM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on February 10, 2017, 02:00:57 PM
Lads, Our county manager is getting paid. What is the big deal about an ordinary man to get paid! Physios get paid, should they be doing it for nothing, wise up and clear your eyes of the dust, I don't see why not but the Dungannon fiasco is not on if that's what its going towards.

the big deal is the pride of the GAA was always the spirit of the volunteer and amateur status but that has been blown apart by a shower of hungry hures using the GAA unashamedly to line their pockets including county managers.

Physio is a profession so cant be compared to a manager.  A paid manager is taking a full time work salary then claiming a tax free salary under the table bleeding clubs.  The county manager I se as a different proposition it could be classed as a full time profession these days with the development/professionalism of the games.  A manager is also a magnet for media scrutiny, he's up there to be shot at by the nation in some cases.  So there are extra pressures with the county post. I don't know if Mickey's salary is disclosed or hidden under some other heading within the accounts.

Wouldn't the physio be getting paid in cash by the clubs?

No a lot of physios submit invoices to clubs well that's what our club physio is required to do.

The vast majority are on a night and weekend match rate paid in hand on a fortnightly or monthly basis, I cant see too many self-employed physio's submitting invoices for the tax man to get a cut off.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club boi on February 09, 2017, 10:32:48 AM
Quote from: youhavenofans on February 09, 2017, 09:27:37 AM
Quote from: Club boi on February 08, 2017, 10:57:57 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on February 02, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts

I hear this proposal has been sent to all Chairpersons and will be voted on soon for Next Year

4 Leagues of 12
11 starred games worth 2 points a Win
11 games with full quota of county players worth 4 points a Win

I believe the Proposal Guarantees 4 Club Games in May, 4 Games in June, 4 Games in July and possibly August

I think it could work. It's what the Clubs want and MORE IMPORTANTLY NEEDA - GAMES

Not commenting much on the start of your post above but I was aware of the new proposed format and not sure where I sit on it. But however as a current senior player playing in a Div 1 team, when do I get my summer holidays with 4 games in each of the summer months? Yeah it gives men game time during the summer months when there usually isn't much, but isn't this also taking away the lads chance to go on holiday? if there was to be 4 games in July, wouldn't it mean that there wouldn't be any 12th break?

I'm not 100% on the July 4 Games, just what I have heard. I "assume" they will stick to the July 2 week holidays but which would you prefer?? Guaranteed Games in the Summer or 10 weeks without Football which has been the Norm recently

I expected more chat on here about this considering the fiasco the fixtures where last year.

I would like to vote YES for this, but to be honest it raises more questions than it answers.

Do we play 11 starred and 11 non starred games regardless of Tyrone's progress?
If Tyrone get knocked out early, will teams have to play the 'starred' games without the county men, even if they are available?
If not, will there still be 4 points for these fixtures?

We currently have a system with 10 games that county players play in, and 5 starred, the new system will increase that to 11 games that county players play in.
Is that realistic when we struggle to get the 10 games fitted in as it is?

I know the other 11 games will give regular football to all non county players and that is to be welcomed, but There are too many unknowns about thsi new format for me.
The query on a holiday period is also a valid one.
When would the championship be played in this format?
Early? late?

While I applaud the effort to make changes to a system that is clearly not working, I dont think clubs have been provided with enough detail on this in order to make a proper judgement
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

It will cut out the promotion and relegation play offs by sounds of it so that will reduce 2 to 3 games the county players are available for.

Its a pity the numbers don't work cause to me 10 team divisions would work better. With 9 starred and 9 non starred. 9 starred games should still lead to more regular games during the summer and obviously 9 non starred would be easier than 11.

If Tyrone got knocked out early I'm sure they'd just reduce the starred games but still keep the matches that are down for 2 points the same as couldn't change the points system at that stage. Would be no logic in stopping Tyrone players play once out as why penalise the clubs with county men.

tothetop03

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on February 11, 2017, 12:24:59 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on February 10, 2017, 08:56:01 AM
http://saoradh.ie/psni-to-train-coalisland-kids-through-gaa-boxing-club-saoradh-nuacht/ any word of this?

Big statement from a grouping with no mandate. Also calling to a pensioners house at 10:30 on a cold winters night, is that not a bit intimidating. Be interesting to know how many really objected to this scheme. I know a few people were not happy when they heard about it. It certainly is a real change in circumstances considering the areas history.

What part of what they wrote did you not agree with...Out of a matter of interest...

Red Hand Man

Paid managers are getting a real bad press on here. Have any of you had positive experiences of having an outside man?

Or do any of you think there have been outside men who have been good for other Tyrone clubs in the last few years?

I suppose what I'm trying to find out is, who have been the best managers in Tyrone club football recently?

skeog

Simple Killyclogher and Pomeroy had pleasant times last year.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

youhavenofans

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 14, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
Any word on fixtures?

Down to start 9th of April aslong as Tyrone aren't in NL Final. Haven't heard anything regarding who is playing who yet.

Think the championship draw is 5th of March, can anyone confirm?

Ty4Sam

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 15, 2017, 09:18:34 AM
Any word on fixtures?

Down to start 9th of April aslong as Tyrone aren't in NL Final. Haven't heard anything regarding who is playing who yet.

Championship Draw - 7th March
League Fixtures out - 13th March
League Starts - 9th April (if Tyrone in League Final its put back to Easter Saturday 15th April.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 15, 2017, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: youhavenofans on February 15, 2017, 09:18:34 AM
Any word on fixtures?

Championship Draw - 7th March
League Fixtures out - 13th March
League Starts - 9th April (if Tyrone in League Final its put back to Easter Saturday 15th April.

Thanks
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone