Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youhavenofans

Quote from: Club boi on February 08, 2017, 10:57:57 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on February 02, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts

I hear this proposal has been sent to all Chairpersons and will be voted on soon for Next Year

4 Leagues of 12
11 starred games worth 2 points a Win
11 games with full quota of county players worth 4 points a Win

I believe the Proposal Guarantees 4 Club Games in May, 4 Games in June, 4 Games in July and possibly August

I think it could work. It's what the Clubs want and MORE IMPORTANTLY NEEDA - GAMES

Not commenting much on the start of your post above but I was aware of the new proposed format and not sure where I sit on it. But however as a current senior player playing in a Div 1 team, when do I get my summer holidays with 4 games in each of the summer months? Yeah it gives men game time during the summer months when there usually isn't much, but isn't this also taking away the lads chance to go on holiday? if there was to be 4 games in July, wouldn't it mean that there wouldn't be any 12th break?

square_ball

Maybe they'll do 2 x Friday/Sunday fixtures at the start and end of July? Always liked those double header weekends.

Club boi

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 09, 2017, 09:27:37 AM
Quote from: Club boi on February 08, 2017, 10:57:57 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on February 02, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts

I hear this proposal has been sent to all Chairpersons and will be voted on soon for Next Year

4 Leagues of 12
11 starred games worth 2 points a Win
11 games with full quota of county players worth 4 points a Win

I believe the Proposal Guarantees 4 Club Games in May, 4 Games in June, 4 Games in July and possibly August

I think it could work. It's what the Clubs want and MORE IMPORTANTLY NEEDA - GAMES

Not commenting much on the start of your post above but I was aware of the new proposed format and not sure where I sit on it. But however as a current senior player playing in a Div 1 team, when do I get my summer holidays with 4 games in each of the summer months? Yeah it gives men game time during the summer months when there usually isn't much, but isn't this also taking away the lads chance to go on holiday? if there was to be 4 games in July, wouldn't it mean that there wouldn't be any 12th break?

I'm not 100% on the July 4 Games, just what I have heard. I "assume" they will stick to the July 2 week holidays but which would you prefer?? Guaranteed Games in the Summer or 10 weeks without Football which has been the Norm recently

The Trap

I think this is a great suggestion with a 10/14 day break in July and possibly August flagged at the start of the year to allow people to book hols (different holiday periods in the county and July 12th period can be very expensive), Games could be played midweek in these months as well. I would vote YES with those couple of small but sensible amendments added.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: longballin on February 08, 2017, 09:02:33 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 08, 2017, 08:45:56 PM
Your all assuming that any given clubs players want an internal appointment.

Certainly in my own club that is very much not the case - players think it's fairer if an outside appointment, no bias...and obviously the man in charge wants to win in the first place (and not going through the motions).

too bad players cant respect their own...

What if their own has sons, nephews, cousins etc who aren't performing but have mitagating factors - at uni perhaps, work, maybe something else nobody knows of home life etc but that is a factor in selection at the detriment of another player(s).

An outside manager picks purely on what will be good for results and what goes on at training etc. Internal managers sometimes carry too much baggage and are too 'involved' in some players.

Its not about respect, it's about performance.

longballin

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2017, 11:17:47 AM

Certainly in my own club that is very much not the case - players think it's fairer if an outside appointment, no bias...and obviously the man in charge wants to win in the first place (and not going through the motions).

What if their own has sons, nephews, cousins etc who aren't performing but have mitagating factors - at uni perhaps, work, maybe something else nobody knows of home life etc but that is a factor in selection at the detriment of another player(s).

An outside manager picks purely on what will be good for results and what goes on at training etc. Internal managers sometimes carry too much baggage and are too 'involved' in some players.

we'll have to tell Crossmaglen that.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: longballin on February 09, 2017, 12:01:01 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2017, 11:17:47 AM

we'll have to tell Crossmaglen that.

If every club has to appoint from within then these problems may arise but I'm sure this all went on before the influx of external managers.  I don't have a problem with an external manager as such its the merry-go-round that sees literally hundreds of thousands sucked out of Tyrone clubs in the hope of some success.

Clubs need these rules implemented and enforced to protect themselves.  My own club is as guilty as any other in the county and when I sit down and think what we could have spent that money on I cringe.  I honestly don't think we would be any worse off than if we had an internal man, and likely had the same success (NIL).

That money could have a state of the art gym in place or quality equipment for our youth to push through.  Instead its away to an extension on some mans house or allowing him to spend a fortnight in some nice place in the sun.

Time to wake up guys.  Back to basics, I really hope Tyrone GAA take the lead on this and ban external management within their club programme.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Quote from: Thastheball on February 09, 2017, 01:39:38 PM
yeah, just to elaborate, S'neil won Ulster in hurling, football and camogie. NONE of their managers are from the club, infact I have been told S'neil haven't had an inside manager in football for well over twenty years.

Still doesn't justify it - loads of their players not from Slaughneil either...

GetOverTheBar

yeah, just to elaborate, S'neil won Ulster in hurling, football and camogie. NONE of their managers are from the club, infact I have been told S'neil haven't had an inside manager in football for well over twenty years.

Most of these guys are also assuming inside 'club men' want these jobs. That is not the case - now if a well paid outsider is holding back someone who wants a crack at the reigns, yes I do understand your points.

I know of two managers who actually turned down their native parish this year, I don't know the complete conversation but I do know one of the managers having played under him for quite a while, he was a firm believer of cutting your teeth at your own club sure, but you have to move on.

It's not always black and white unfortunately.

longballin

So why can't an outside manager do it for expenses only? Is all about the honey

ON THE HILL

They could be from S'neil...sure some of there players live closer to dungiven ..take a bus to home games i heard

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: longballin on February 09, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
So why can't an outside manager do it for expenses only? Is all about the honey

I think there are some guys in it for the cash - I know what people mean when they talk about the managerial merry go round and that some managers are at a new club every year. I know one ex manager who left a club in a relegation dog fight to go to Australia after he pocketed X amount of money, I mean that's disgraceful - that kind of thing cannot be tolerated and I think the same guy has never been near a club, certainly in Tyrone since quite rightly.

People have mentioned Slaughtneil - Moran is an outside manager, he also doesn't take a penny. Brian McEniff was the same at a lot of clubs and I too think Brian McIver - I know these guys aren't exactly poor, but there are top level managers out there who just love the challenge.

I do advocate outside managers, but clubs must be smart - they cannot just take the 6th person down the list - they need to search out new talent, guys who want to make an impression at club level and aren't looking to take the club for a ride. If they are in your own club, absolutely brilliant - give them a shot. If not, you have to go outside. Management, like playing....is no longer train twice a week and game Sundays. (Good) Managers need to watch their videos while their players are in the gym, they need to formulate ways to gel the team and drills to put their mark on the team. It's a lot of time and effort....before you get into the personal whatsapps from the reserve centre half forward wondering why he's not getting a start!!!

skeog

What clubs was Brian Mc Eniff at doing it for nothing. Brian Mc Ivor doing charity work as well are you delusional.

Club boi

Quote from: skeog on February 09, 2017, 06:44:32 PM
What clubs was Brian Mc Eniff at doing it for nothing. Brian Mc Ivor doing charity work as well are you delusional.

LOL class

tothetop03

200k to run academy's and tyrone management last year...