Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

Why everyone on the back of Rouse? What about most other managers? E.g. How much would clonoe, killyclogher or pomeroy players have to pay per month???????

youhavenofans

Quote from: Club boi on February 07, 2017, 09:43:52 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 07, 2017, 05:25:46 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 07, 2017, 05:21:35 PM
Quote from: youhavenofans on February 07, 2017, 05:16:42 PM
Quote from: EastTyrone on February 07, 2017, 12:51:03 PM
Quote from: stillsenior on February 07, 2017, 12:36:36 PM
Appointment made in Omagh from what I hear. No need to worry anymore EastTyrone

I am glad of that. Apparently two Coalisland men where contacted but only rumours i'm sure.
Who got the job then? I would say Paul Rouse, but I think he is with someone else this year.....again.

Rouse is with Dungannon and has the Dungannon players paying £20 direct debit for him every month

That is appaling if its true. The whole thing is a joke.

Strange one though. The players must have agreed to this before he was appointed. If they are crazy enough to pay Paul Rouse £240 a year each then its really the players whose sanity must be questioned

This is correct. A close friend who plays for their seniors confirmed it. And they weren't asked before hand. After he was appointed, they were basically given a form to fill out. £20 per month each

Finally someone to back me up, if you ask any Dungannon player of course they are going to deny this but ask people around them who they have told about it.

toby47

Quote from: youhavenofans on February 08, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

I am glad of that. Apparently two Coalisland men where contacted but only rumours i'm sure.
Who got the job then? I would say Paul Rouse, but I think he is with someone else this year.....again.

Rouse is with Dungannon and has the Dungannon players paying £20 direct debit for him every month

Strange one though. The players must have agreed to this before he was appointed. If they are crazy enough to pay Paul Rouse £240 a year each then its really the players whose sanity must be questioned

This is correct. A close friend who plays for their seniors confirmed it. And they weren't asked before hand. After he was appointed, they were basically given a form to fill out. £20 per month each

Finally someone to back me up, if you ask any Dungannon player of course they are going to deny this but ask people around them who they have told about it.

This is nothing new at all. Clubs been doing it for 5years.

leenie

Just out  of interest how much is dungannons membership ?  Would anyone know how many players tog out ?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

square_ball

Quote from: toby47 on February 08, 2017, 01:24:43 PM

Have they? Which clubs are doing it? I have never heard of club telling players to sign up for a direct debit.

Yes players help raise funds through selling tickets, these last man standing things etc but this is crazy stuff. If this happened when i was playing then they would be told where to go.

smort

Quote from: toby47 on February 08, 2017, 01:24:43 PM
Quote from: youhavenofans on February 08, 2017, 12:34:18 PM

Really?? what clubs? Im only finished playing a couple of years and never heard the likes of it! I'm shocked it is happening

toby47

I know my club do it, and im also aware of two other clubs doing it so I'd say it's not that uncommon.

As someone above said its not put to the players 'we need £20 a month to pay this management lads' it's more a case of 'senior team costs a fortune to run lads, need everyone chipping in an affordable £20 a month to cover the cost of running the senior team eg physios, busses etc' but realistically it is going to paying management.

Personally I am also against it.

Tyrone Gaa

Clubs had the opportunity to end the management mercenaries that are doing the circuit in Tyrone this year at County convention but the motion (by Drumragh I think) was rejected.

The proposal was that any club coach or manager had to me a member of that said club or something along those lines.  It will take a drastic measure like this to make clubs take the blinkers off.

Only 1 club can win a senior championship leaving 15 unsuccessful clubs.  If clubs directed funds raised for managers into youth teams and club investment then clubs would boast better facilities and better chances of long term success.

It does need this blanket type ban to stop this because if the club next door are doing it others have to keep up appearances by bringing in an external man.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Quote from: The Trap on February 08, 2017, 09:02:05 AM
Why everyone on the back of Rouse? What about most other managers? E.g. How much would clonoe, killyclogher or pomeroy players have to pay per month???????

True but four clubs in four years with little success including Dromore who were favourites for the championship.

TyroneOnlooker

Let's be honest about it, majority of clubs now have outside men and it's been going on for years.  I heard a few stories this year that the going rate is £10-15k and that's clubs in intermediate/bottom Div1 level, god knows what the likes of Clonoe, Killyclogher, Coalisland, Errigal etc have paid out in recent years.

Is asking 30 senior players to chip in £20 a month any different to asking non-playing club members to paid monthly direct debit (which most clubs do now) or local business man to fork out sponsorship etc? Money has to come from somewhere.

I don't agree with it but its where we're at. A blanket ban on outside managers is the only way of dealing with it but even then i'm sure there would be ways around it - men becoming members for the year etc.

Unfortunately not all clubs are blessed with people who are equipped to be decent managers at adult level so sometimes the only option is the outside man who has a proven track record of taking teams.

Tyrone Gaa

Agree, the only thing that can be done is back to basics. Your clubs best against our clubs best and that includes management. Clubs would invest in their own coaches therefore investing in their community.

The days of clubs funding a mans mortgage can't continue. There are solid men out there that will do the job for a bitta diesel money but their few and far between. A club pact should be taken that were all in the same boat watching upto £30k walk out the gate in the back pocket of some fella who has little or no interest in your clubs long term progression.

I hope the issue is brought back to convention next year and it passes. It was close this year. Clubs are very slowly recognising what we could of done with that £100k this last 5-10 years that delivered no success
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Your all assuming that any given clubs players want an internal appointment.

Certainly in my own club that is very much not the case - players think it's fairer if an outside appointment, no bias...and obviously the man in charge wants to win in the first place (and not going through the motions).

redhandofgod

I think the problem with Dungannon was that 2 club men were appointed as managers but players wouldn't have it, so the club insisted players would have to pay an outside manager.
Dungannon have had intermediate success in recent years with inside men (slater and Mcrory).

longballin

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 08, 2017, 08:45:56 PM
Your all assuming that any given clubs players want an internal appointment.

Certainly in my own club that is very much not the case - players think it's fairer if an outside appointment, no bias...and obviously the man in charge wants to win in the first place (and not going through the motions).

too bad players cant respect their own...

Club boi

Quote from: PMG1 on February 02, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts

I hear this proposal has been sent to all Chairpersons and will be voted on soon for Next Year

4 Leagues of 12
11 starred games worth 2 points a Win
11 games with full quota of county players worth 4 points a Win

I believe the Proposal Guarantees 4 Club Games in May, 4 Games in June, 4 Games in July and possibly August

I think it could work. It's what the Clubs want and MORE IMPORTANTLY NEEDA - GAMES