Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: PMG1 on February 02, 2017, 08:50:31 PM
I see there is a vote at the next county board meeting to change the league format to four divisions of 12 playing home and away, 22 games 11 of which are with all players, 4 points a win and the other 11 starred with 2 points for a win, straight forward league no semi's or final, top team wins. What is everyone's thoughts

22 is too many games.  Watt are the chances of getting 11 games with county men if Tyrone end up in a long qualifier run.

Redhand Santa

Not a bad idea. Only one more game than currently with county players and cuts out couple of rounds of promotion/relegation games that they have to be available for.

The biggest advantage is it will cut out the significant inactivity during the summer when county are playing. And by giving extra points to non starred games means clubs with county players aren't as heavily penalised.

skeog

Pie in the sky if you think a victory would be worth 4 points silly suggestion or matbe its the 1st of april.

PMG1

Quote from: skeog on February 02, 2017, 11:21:34 PM
Pie in the sky if you think a victory would be worth 4 points silly suggestion or matbe its the 1st of april.
That is what the proposal is so that it means 67% of the points in a season are played for with full teams which is the way it is at the minute, personally I think it's worth a try but playing the same team twice in a season could be trouble some if the first game gets out of hand which can happen sometimes. 

driveherin

ANY CLUBS STILL WITHOUT MANAGEMENT???

skeog

The club with the most potential imo Omagh.

EastTyrone

Word has it some Omagh officals took a drive up to the east at the weekend to have a chat with an ex all star and a Hogan Cup winning manager to see if they where up for getting back in the club management game.
Would be sad to see them take it from my perspective.

longballin

Are you talking two Coalisland men? : 0

stillsenior

Appointment made in Omagh from what I hear. No need to worry anymore EastTyrone

EastTyrone

Quote from: stillsenior on February 07, 2017, 12:36:36 PM

I am glad of that. Apparently two Coalisland men where contacted but only rumours i'm sure.
Who got the job then? I would say Paul Rouse, but I think he is with someone else this year.....again.

In hiding

Paddy Crozier is the new omagh manager. Good appointment imo. Knows most of the lads and is well respected.

WT4E

What about Paddy McGuigan of Ardboe - is he managing anyone these days he had a good record with a few clubs.

skeog

Paddy is coming home good luck to a gentleman of the gaa world.

longballin

... and goes the merry-go-round £££

youhavenofans

Quote from: EastTyrone on February 07, 2017, 12:51:03 PM
Quote from: stillsenior on February 07, 2017, 12:36:36 PM

I am glad of that. Apparently two Coalisland men where contacted but only rumours i'm sure.
Who got the job then? I would say Paul Rouse, but I think he is with someone else this year.....again.

Rouse is with Dungannon and has the Dungannon players paying £20 direct debit for him every month