Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

agree with orangeman here- disgrace that some clubs can get the fixtures changed while others cant- shud be one rule for all- did ardboe not get a request for a league game to be changed recently where they had the reserve championship final the NEXT DAY only to have it rejected?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

amigo

You are right snappiered. It will hardly !! I think there is paint drying in Cookstown lol  ;D

tyrone86

Orangeman, the process seems to be - in a nutshell;
Cathal Daly makes the fixtures, Aodhan Harkin distributes them, and Michael McGoldrick is the only man with the power to call them off.

Don't forget, they're all doing the best possible job in difficult circumstances and none of the 3 are infallible. Every team will try and pull a fast one every now and again to try to get a fixture to work to their advantage. Whatever the ill-feeling in your club over the reserve final debacle, 2 wrongs don't make a right. It's a wise decision to call the games in question off.

Wee Roddy

Carrickmore have requested a free weekend next weekend with the redidication of the Nally stand happening. They were garanteed it, but rumblings are that they will be playing Errigal in the league. Saying that they have had 1 league game in five weeks this is rediculous. I wonder what Nicky Brennan will think off this on Saturday?

snappiered

Quote from: amigo on September 20, 2007, 04:21:37 PM
You are right snappiered. It will hardly !! I think there is paint drying in Cookstown lol  ;D

What are you talking about amigo.  ??? ??? I never posted anything?

laceer

we're down to play brocagh on saturday..can't see it being played.the eglish v moortown match is more or less a league decider and common sense should prevail and the match be postponed.in the last 6 weeks i think we've played 2 league matches..have had numerous requests for postponments turned down this year, one where our senior 'keeper was getting married on the same day we were down to play strabane.despite having made a request for that date to be free, the game was fixed for that day and we were simply told that it wasn't going to be changed no matter what!

Wee Roddy

Well that is a disgrace. What is it coming to when you cant get a game off because 1 of your players is getting married. For god sake people have got out of prisons for weddings!!

longball

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 20, 2007, 05:21:05 PM
Well that is a disgrace. What is it coming to when you cant get a game off because 1 of your players is getting married. For god sake people have got out of prisons for weddings!!

here here
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tyrone Dreamer

To be honest although some bad decisions are made I wouldnt fancy being on the fixture committee, its impossible to please all the clubs all the time and people will constantly moan at you no matter what.

hoopsaaa

hoopsaaa

Gortin 0.10 Lough 0.06  Lough missed a pen. Gortin were down to 14 men.

Abble

is there a date penned in for the sen. c'ship final yet ?

orangeman

All anybody is looking for is a level playing field - a bit of fair play - and one rule for everybody - if one team can get a game off at the weekend, why can't everyone ? Why acommodate one team and not another ? Apply the rules fairly and squarely across the board.

We had a game fixed in July holidays and a reserve final the next evening - we asked Dromore to change - they wouldn't - and the county board insisted that they could do nothing about it and said there was room in the fixtures schedule for a postponement - what a complete joke  !!!!

What I would like to know is how come the Moortown Eglish match is off at the weekend ? ( By the way - this is in no way a slight on Moortown who I hope will do the double  ! ).

Answers Mr. Daly / Mc Goldrick please !

orangeman

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility