Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helpline

Is the rumors true that John McConville is heading for WWE next season? It was like tag wrestling when the Ardboe subs came on,. whilst at the other end of the pitch Dromore where taking easy scores and winning the game. Dromore not truly tested yet and discipline could be there unfolding too..
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

CC

Quote from: Helpline on September 12, 2016, 10:47:55 AM
Is the rumors true that John McConville is heading for WWE next season? It was like tag wrestling when the Ardboe subs came on,. whilst at the other end of the pitch Dromore where taking easy scores and winning the game. Dromore not truly tested yet and discipline could be there unfolding too..

Agreed that Dromore haven't been tested as of yet but Ardboe exposed them at times yesterday. Possibly a different result against a more clinical team. Killyclogher looking the team to beat atm IMO but the draw may tell another tale...

The Sweeper.com

Quote from: CC on September 12, 2016, 11:22:29 AM

Agreed that Dromore haven't been tested as of yet but Ardboe exposed them at times yesterday. Possibly a different result against a more clinical team. Killyclogher looking the team to beat atm IMO but the draw may tell another tale...

The draw will be very interesting next weekend.

Having attended the game in O Neill Pk yesterday I was shocked at the additional time the referee play at the end of the second half. Very very strange.
But Clonoe siezed the opportunity and go on to face Carmen. They showed massive character.

In Pomeroy Dromore and Ardboe was a decent game with both teams going really for it. I personally though the referee did well considering it was a tough game to referee (what else would you expect in Championship football). Ardboe gave it a decent lash but Dromore were the better side.

Killyclogher looked very impressive in the first half but maybe faded a bit in the second. Still they looked like they could up their game if needed.

A few interesting weeks ahead.

LeoMc

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 11, 2016, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 11, 2016, 07:41:32 PM
Any word on fixtures for the remaining quarter finals Coalisland v killers and carrickmore v Clonoe could both games go to omagh next Friday night

My man in the know has stated the powers that be with the errigal club cried that much about not getting any championship matches that they have decided to give our match against clonoe to them on Saturday evening.  :'( :'(
Your man in the know should get parked handy enough up in Dunmoyle.

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Sweeper.com on September 12, 2016, 11:35:51 AM

Having attended the game in O Neill Pk yesterday I was shocked at the additional time the referee play at the end of the second half. Very very strange.
But Clonoe siezed the opportunity and go on to face Carmen. They showed massive character.

In Pomeroy Dromore and Ardboe was a decent game with both teams going really for it. I personally though the referee did well considering it was a tough game to referee (what else would you expect in Championship football). Ardboe gave it a decent lash but Dromore were the better side.

Killyclogher looked very impressive in the first half but maybe faded a bit in the second. Still they looked like they could up their game if needed.

Omagh only have themselves to blame IMO, they kicked themselves out of it for the 2nd week in a row. Their keeper took an age over every kick out in both half's, so the added time wasn't surprising. Gruggan had an opportunity for a simple point with 10 to go and chose to go for goal instead, that could have finished the game at that stage. It always looked like they were going to give up chance near the end. Ronan Oneill was very poor both days as was Justin McMahon.

Our players dug themselves out in both games but will need to improve a lot to have any sort of chance of winning the whole thing. Our style of play stifles our players, we have went from a very exciting attacking team till Donegal in the space of a year. Be an interesting game against Carrickmore next weekend.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 12, 2016, 11:50:46 AM
Quote from: The Sweeper.com on September 12, 2016, 11:35:51 AM

Omagh only have themselves to blame IMO, they kicked themselves out of it for the 2nd week in a row. Their keeper took an age over every kick out in both half's, so the added time wasn't surprising. Gruggan had an opportunity for a simple point with 10 to go and chose to go for goal instead, that could have finished the game at that stage. It always looked like they were going to give up chance near the end. Ronan Oneill was very poor both days as was Justin McMahon.

Our players dug themselves out in both games but will need to improve a lot to have any sort of chance of winning the whole thing. Our style of play stifles our players, we have went from a very exciting attacking team till Donegal in the space of a year. Be an interesting game against Carrickmore next weekend.
Should be interesting, The league game up in Carmen was a fine game.. Mc Nulty again with a last kick of the game winner - Something carmen need to be wary off!

The Trap

Can someone clear this up. The final score would indicate that Clonoe were only 1 point down at the end but I think everyone thought (including the teams) that there were 2 points in it, hence Clonoe trying to work a goal........

Helpline

Typical Omagh, too many players just glad to see there name on the team sheet they forget they have to actually knuckle down and grind out results. Killyclogher to beat Dromore in the final if they don't meet before..... Omagh v Ardboe should play for the title of 'Overrated underachievers'.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Up The Middle

Quote from: The Trap on September 12, 2016, 12:13:44 PM
Can someone clear this up. The final score would indicate that Clonoe were only 1 point down at the end but I think everyone thought (including the teams) that there were 2 points in it, hence Clonoe trying to work a goal........

Everyone where I was standing knew there was only 1 in it, any of the players ive spoke to have said the same. Would have been kicking ourselves had the shot been saved, thankfully it hit the net.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

CC

Quote from: Helpline on September 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
Typical Omagh, too many players just glad to see there name on the team sheet they forget they have to actually knuckle down and grind out results. Killyclogher to beat Dromore in the final if they don't meet before..... Omagh v Ardboe should play for the title of 'Overrated underachievers'.

On another day Omagh would be through from the 1st game. 

Carrickmore should give rahillys a good run at it but don't see them coping with Clonoe's firepower if they are on song!

Coalisland are flying under the radar and cant be wrote off but it will be interesting to see them against stronger opposition. Surely they will dismiss Kildress in the same fashion as Galbally? 

Man Marker

Ardboe have a lot of quality players from  mid field up, but their defense is shocking. Great second half from ardboe and made a real game of it, they have a few exciting forwards and in a few seasons you would think they will be there abouts if they can get their defense improved. Dromore, just solid all through and rod the storm  well to deliver the goals towards the end. A couple of brutal tackles, one punished the other not, which brings me to the ref, what a completely useless ref, not fit, inconsistent i.e. Mc Guigans first penalty claim a dead cert in comparison to the one given, a red for a dangerous high tackle from Mc Cusker ( which could hurt in the semi final) and then a yellow for another similar dangerous high tackle. Just useless as a ref. Disappointed in the result but an enjoyable game. Killyclogher won quite easily in the end. Trillick had no hunger. Mattie Donnelly looks a pale shadow of himself, too much football has emptied his tank plain and simple. Killyclogher look like a team.

Legoman5

Quote from: Mountain Man on September 12, 2016, 10:40:39 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 12, 2016, 10:01:03 AM
Kyle Coney was so bad yesterday,  He sauntered round the pitch waiting for things to happen rather than putting in a shift to help his team reach a championship semi final.  I actually cant believe Rouse and Hurl stood and watched him for 60+ minutes.  Ardboe actually put up more fight than I expected and actually if they had 15 players on the pitch might of actually threatened Dromore. 

Just when I'm criticising I may as well move onto the second game.  Was Mattie Donnelly injured?  He got on the ball a fair bit but he didn't want to take a man on or drive like he usually would.  We seen T.McCann driving Killyclogher forward, I just felt that was uncharacteristically missing from Mattie yesterday.

According to reports Mattie Donnelly was in bed all weekend with the flu and probably should not have been playing. A fully fit Mattie and it could have been a different result.

Mattie Donnelly also had the leg injury which stopped him from playing against Eglish aswel must have affected him!
Heard aswel he was sick from Trillick ones. Niall Gormley also a big loss although not sure what was wrong as he looked fine kicking before the game but looked strapped up and came on before harsly black carded.
KC missing Dermy and Leo came on and made a huge impact, ascoring 2 points in the second when they where needed!!
KC though looked impressive through out, they done a job which needed to be done and you can only beat whats out in front of you and they done it.

LeoMc

The Tyrone championship is living up to its reputation of being competitive. With Trillick gone it is now 11 years from any team defended their title. We have had 6 different winners in the last 6 years and with Killyclogher, Carrickmore & Kildress left we could have a 7th in 7.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Under Lights on September 12, 2016, 09:13:25 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 11, 2016, 10:10:46 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 11, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
Any one at carrickmore on Saturday for junior quarter finals?

Me.

Great insight to the games there.

I wasn't asked for one! I thought you were going to pose a question!

Insights.

We had a great 2nd half against Drumragh and I was very happy with the result. I was expecting it to be a lot tighter. As usual Cathal will get the headlines, and probably merited on this occasion. Some of his scores were outstanding. One at the start of the 2nd half, well I've no idea how he got it over! However Tony Devine's industry in midfield and Brendy Boggs' experience at the back were also big factors.

On Friday night we've work to do against Rock as 3 or 4 players didn't feature on Saturday and we'll need everyone man on his game to give us a chance.

Lastly- The game was very well reffed by Rambo IMO. There was one decision in the first half where Drumragh might have had a penalty that ended up being a free kick, which I was unsure what was going on, but outside of that no issues.

CNG v Clogher was an unreal game- and again well reffed for the record. Consistent with the black cards.

Its hard to describe how off the pace CNG were in the first half. 10 points down at HT and 2 x black cards, one of which was Stephen O Neill to a poor tackle, it was a case of how many a very impressive looking Clogher would win by.

However like they did to us in Glenmornan 3 weeks back and Castlederg just before that, slowly they clipped away at the lead with Damian Ball and Gareth McDermott influential. They went route one and big McGill was dominating in FF, and I was surprised that Clogher never got a 2nd man on him till very late.

It was a bit like the McGregor fight where he was great in the first half, tired in the second half and then found a 2nd win late on!

Going into injury time CNG were two points up, but their efforts caught them a little and Clogher came back with two late scores. Some controversy over the injury time- which I thought was appropriate i.e. 4 mins- and the late free to level it. Personally I thought it was a free out for a foul on the keeper. However a draw was probably fair.

I make Clogher favourites now as Gareth McDermott went off bald injured near the end. He actually got hurt retrieving a ball that was going out, with CNG scoring from the play. I can't see him making tomorrow night but you never know. As I say. Never write CNG off!

The Tatts were too strong for Glenelly who appeared to lack a bit of belief and couldn't really get into the game. They were there or thereabouts for most of the game but you never felt a shock was on.

The bookies has a Rock v Tatts final now!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 11, 2016, 09:25:44 PM
Omagh will be sick at losing that game. Last kick of the game - reminds me of a certain county final 2 years ago vs Carmen. Karma is a bitch.

Quote from: Helpline on September 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM

Lads what's it to be...
Omagh play to end and win or they don't knuckle down and lose.

In recent championships
Clonoe beat errigal by a point then lose to dromore by a point
Dromore beat clonoe by a point then lose to omagh by a point
Carrickmore beat Augher by 2 points then lose to omagh by point.
Killyclogher beat dromore by a point then lose to trillick by a point

The only typical thing about the top clubs in tyrone is that there's not much between them