Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club boi

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 11, 2016, 09:25:44 PM
Omagh will be sick at losing that game. Last kick of the game - reminds me of a certain county final 2 years ago vs Carmen. Karma is a bitch.

Omagh can't really complain. They came out second half and wiped out Clonoes lead within 10 minutes, had all the momentum but didn't push on, instead retracted into their defensive shell

longballin

Best I seen today was in Pomeroy a player did a block on another player when he was taking a free and ref let play go on... cant mind now which game it was .... was at that many today...

Under Lights

Any one at carrickmore on Saturday for junior quarter finals?

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on September 11, 2016, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 11, 2016, 08:38:16 PM
can a linesman overrule an umpire on a score? it would have been our first score of the 2nd half and very much needed and the umpire gave it, so it  was a bit demoralising for the point to be overturned by a linesman. never seen it happen before. eskra were the far better side but i thought connolly was very sore on us especially in the first half. both refs today in dungannon were terrible overall imo.

Connolly from Aghyaran? Loves being centre of attention. He should stick to the soccer refereeing.

that's him. was brutal mate but not the reason we lost. was talking to a couple of newtownstewart men in front of me and they were still seething from the game he refereed between them and owen roes about a month ago. if its true what he said to the newtownstewart players he shouldn't be allowed to referee again. maybe he just doesn't like teams with stewart and town in their name lol

The Bearded One

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 11, 2016, 09:07:32 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on September 11, 2016, 08:58:40 PM
Yes, the linesman can call a wide or a score. Happened in Pomeroy tonight, Ardboe given a score that was definitely wide and linesman called ref to over rule it.
in your honest opinion how did you rate the ref in dromore Ardbie game ? I thought he was too far away from the play !

Thought he was poor if I'm honest but it was a very difficult game to ref with so much going on. A couple of Ardboe subs had little interest in football and more in the wrestling match that ensued. The second game didn't need a referee it was that flat.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: longballin on September 11, 2016, 09:55:21 PM
Best I seen today was in Pomeroy a player did a block on another player when he was taking a free and ref let play go on... cant mind now which game it was .... was at that many today...
some money lifted fir the gravy train today ! Seen Cuthbert in Pomeroy and if he hadn't a ball of it in the trunks then he's superbly well endowed ! It's all about the money now; they're making a count out of the clubs ! I am going into bank in the morning to sort an overdraft to see me through to county final day! The GAA I Tyrone don't give wan f**k about the welfare of a player !money money money money money and more money money money ! They'll soon be playing the games in the middle of the night!

vallankumous

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 11, 2016, 08:58:40 PM
Yes, the linesman can call a wide or a score. Happened in Pomeroy tonight, Ardboe given a score that was definitely wide and linesman called ref to over rule it.

It was Dromore had the score over ruled. I was on the other side but the reaction of the crowd seemed pretty sure it was wide. I think the reaction of the crowd made everyone think it was wide and there was no argument.

Quote from: longballin on September 11, 2016, 09:55:21 PM

Yeah. Ardboe man blocked a Dromore free from about 4 yards. One of many mistakes by the ref.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Bearded One

Sorry it was Dromore, saw that much football today I'm confused!
It is what it is. Presumably.

square_ball

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on September 11, 2016, 10:03:05 PM
can a linesman overrule an umpire on a score? it would have been our first score of the 2nd half and very much needed and the umpire gave it, so it  was a bit demoralising for the point to be overturned by a linesman. never seen it happen before. eskra were the far better side but i thought connolly was very sore on us especially in the first half. both refs today in dungannon were terrible overall imo.

Connolly from Aghyaran? Loves being centre of attention. He should stick to the soccer refereeing.

that's him. was brutal mate but not the reason we lost. was talking to a couple of newtownstewart men in front of me and they were still seething from the game he refereed between them and owen roes about a month ago. if its true what he said to the newtownstewart players he shouldn't be allowed to referee again. maybe he just doesn't like teams with stewart and town in their name lol

Most infuriating referee I have seen. Like I said wants to be centre of attention all the time. I swear he makes his own rules up

Club boi

Ref in Dromore/Ardboe was very poor
Ref in both Omagh/Clonoe and Killyclogher/Trillick I thought was very good

Uncle Kev

Quote from: square_ball on September 11, 2016, 10:19:06 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 11, 2016, 10:03:05 PM

Most infuriating referee I have seen. Like I said wants to be centre of attention all the time. I swear he makes his own rules up
There's nobody makes rules up as much as a bollix Conroy from the Moy! He'd know more about Roisin Jordans bedroom antics than he'd know about the rules of Gaelic football !

vallankumous

I think sometimes refs get it difficult to play advantage.
As soon as there's contact a crowd will beg for a free and continue begging til they get it regardless of the refs intentions.
This means he'll just award the free next time leaving a lot of inconsistency. Players get confused thinking the ref is letting a lot go only to be penalised for doing the same thing later.
Also with the defensive type game an advantage coming out off defence is often a disadvantage even if you have possession.
While the player might break through the attack with the ball the free would be more advantageous.