Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Any of you mind Kieran Taggart from Tattyreagh reffing?

White Goodman

Quote from: bogball88 on September 09, 2016, 02:27:10 PM
Any of you mind Kieran Taggart from Tattyreagh reffing?
Yes. He drove our bus to an U-16 game once and got out and refereed it as well. Needless to say that we won  :D

Helpline

A bit of swing in Tyrone,... Errigal, Carrickmore, Ardboe,Moortown etc all now in the lower realms of senior football and the like of Dromore, Killyclogher and indeed Greencastle chamin at the bit for county titles.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

the goal was on

Omagh to edge Clonoe but badly missing mc anulla up front to go all the way.
Killyclogher to edge Trillick 4 ponts. Litle time for both to prepare and plan so motivation might be deciding factor.
Coalisland will get job done but might not learn a pile and expect kildress to put in a deccent shift
Dromore will win comfortably. Ardboe look weaker on paper than previous years and dromore look better than past couple of seasons.

WBF

Quote from: Helpline on September 09, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
A bit of swing in Tyrone,... Errigal, Carrickmore, Ardboe,Moortown etc all now in the lower realms of senior football and the like of Dromore, Killyclogher and indeed Greencastle chamin at the bit for county titles.

Wouldn't be fully sure where your getting Carrickmore are now the lower realms from? In the last 3 county finals they have been in 2 and won the league 3 years ago whilst getting beat in the league final last year as well!

So for a team in the lower realms of Senior football they have appeared in 4 of 6 finals in the last three years?

Indeed Killyclogher are most definitely on the up in Tyrone football and if they continue to play like there last match I personally think they will win the championship this year!

Helpline

I mostly agree WBF,... however with no one even expecting Carrickmore to make the semi's it has to be a lowering of expectations and a swing away from the top tier.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

WBF

I think thats largely due to the fact of the pretty bad league position this year, but as everyone knows Carrickmore are a different animal in the championship! Hoping for a big performance next weekend to prove a point to a lot of people!

Mountain Man

Quote from: Helpline on September 09, 2016, 02:37:36 PM

Your remark may be tounge in cheek about Greencastle and going for County titles Helpline, but I would say fair play to Greencastle for sticking in Division 1 when you see the likes of large clubs such as Dungannon and Cookstown in Division 2 and the playing numbers available to them.

winghalfback

Games off tonight the county ground is flooded. How late was the notice given for this

WBF

Yeah greencastle are holding there own in most games this year and are getting better l each year!

Pitch was tested 10 mins before throw in I think and then game called off

Tommo2

Will it be played tomorrow night instead?

Club boi

Surely the pitch was flooded earlier they could've called them off midday, not 10 minutes before throw in

supersarsfields

Heard it was Drumragh men who flooded the pitch to take the bad look of last week.....

Degrassi Hi

I'm surprised that we haven't had the anti Martin sludden crowd on blaming him for the cancellation and the poor weather. Kildress are bound to be happy. They'll soon be able to claim that they made it into the last 5, although it's probably fair to say that this will upset the Carrickmore ones who felt they had this accolade in the bag.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 10, 2016, 09:09:20 AM
I'm surprised that we haven't had the anti Martin sludden crowd on blaming him for the cancellation and the poor weather. Kildress are bound to be happy. They'll soon be able to claim that they made it into the last 5, although it's probably fair to say that this will upset the Carrickmore ones who felt they had this accolade in the bag.
Every time I am at a big game in Omagh there are at least a dozen wee men with yella coats on them and them all wearing the same wee hump on their shoulders. Did they not know to get a grape apiece and start pro going the pitch to let the water away. I am not joking you when I tell you I was drawing in the third cut of silage last night and my John Deere never made a mark on a field a kind ! I thought the county board were into weather checks ;sunsets and so on so they could get the matches played! I think it's time we had a new county ground at Ballygawley !