Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 10, 2016, 10:19:59 AM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 10, 2016, 09:09:20 AM
I'm surprised that we haven't had the anti Martin sludden crowd on blaming him for the cancellation and the poor weather. Kildress are bound to be happy. They'll soon be able to claim that they made it into the last 5, although it's probably fair to say that this will upset the Carrickmore ones who felt they had this accolade in the bag.
Every time I am at a big game in Omagh there are at least a dozen wee men with yella coats on them and them all wearing the same wee hump on their shoulders. Did they not know to get a grape apiece and start pro going the pitch to let the water away. I am not joking you when I tell you I was drawing in the third cut of silage last night and my John Deere never made a mark on a field a kind ! I thought the county board were into weather checks ;sunsets and so on so they could get the matches played! I think it's time we had a new county ground at Ballygawley !
A county ground in Ballygawley/Garvaghy is good enough until you get to this time of the year and the goalies kickout doesn't get past the 45 with the wind!!

WBF

I'm surprised that we haven't had the anti Martin sludden crowd on blaming him for the cancellation and the poor weather. Kildress are bound to be happy. They'll soon be able to claim that they made it into the last 5, although it's probably fair to say that this will upset the Carrickmore ones who felt they had this accolade in the bag.

Highly doubt the most successful team in Tyrone football would be too worried about getting the accolade of being in the last 5!

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 10, 2016, 10:37:54 AM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 10, 2016, 10:19:59 AM
Every time I am at a big game in Omagh there are at least a dozen wee men with yella coats on them and them all wearing the same wee hump on their shoulders. Did they not know to get a grape apiece and start pro going the pitch to let the water away. I am not joking you when I tell you I was drawing in the third cut of silage last night and my John Deere never made a mark on a field a kind ! I thought the county board were into weather checks ;sunsets and so on so they could get the matches played! I think it's time we had a new county ground at Ballygawley !
A county ground in Ballygawley/Garvaghy is good enough until you get to this time of the year and the goalies kickout doesn't get past the 45 with the wind!!
At least you could walk over to the turf bank and relieve yourself rather than standing in 6 inches of peesh in omagh ! Tyrone county board have a lot to answer for having no decent county ground ! They're talking about developing Dungannon ; a dump of the highest order !

Club boi

Spent millions on a wind farm in Garvaghy and our county ground is a disgrace

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Club boi on September 10, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
Spent millions on a wind farm in Garvaghy and our county ground is a disgrace
Club boi I don't know how often you are right but this time you have it nailed ! Our county ground is a shame ! Garvaghey must have been about a bitta money changing hands ! Land around there would nt be anymore than 3000 an acre ! How much was paid for the land Garvaghey is built on and who got all the money ?

skeog

maybe we could get it into the nama enquiry thats ongoing

Tyrone95

Word has it this evening that Omagh and Clonoe game could be played in Carrickmore tomorrow due to Dungannons pitch being unplayable/waterlogged. Inspection in the morning supposedly

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 10, 2016, 06:41:23 PM
Word has it this evening that Omagh and Clonoe game could be played in Carrickmore tomorrow due to Dungannons pitch being unplayable/waterlogged. Inspection in the morning supposedly
That's a load of dung ! I am just aff the field and although it's a shit pitch it's perfectly playable .get there early and give Cuthbert your jolly lollies !

SkillfulBill

Never mind the Dower crap posted on this page about refs county boards and grounds the best of the GAA was on display this evening at Donaghmore. Congratulations to GĂ©rard O'neill and Donaghmore GFC on putting on a great show in support of a magnificent cause as Donaghmore of the 90's played the best of Tyrone of the 90's in a very entertaining game. 50 odd players put on great entertainment for a massive crowd well done to all involved and big up up to the boys and girls who scored the penalties. Very Proud of the GAA community.

rrhf

It was pure class. Magnificent occasion... Absolutely brilliant to see the  legends. Gerald Cavlan was one almighty talent and still has it at 40 odd. Fair play to all the lads. It was a great ad for over 40s football.

Carmenalways

::)

redzone

Christ it will be blowing gaelforce in pomeroy today. Hopefully a massive crowd with a brave few from outside the county coming to it

skeog

omagh_gael

Dire Ear

very last kick, Clonoe nick it  !!