Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tv pundit

Quote from: LeoMc on February 25, 2016, 09:45:01 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on February 24, 2016, 06:43:56 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 24, 2016, 02:56:37 PM
Quote from: tv pundit on February 23, 2016, 11:12:23 AM
I see in today's irish news that tyrone have tabled a motion at congress which will allow county teams more than the current 13 days exclusive control of county players before inter county championship games.
Wtf, does mickey harte feel the clubs shouldn't have any access to their players at all during the summer. This stinks, I'd love to hear what the mickey harte fan club on here think about this

Did you read the motion or the rule book?

(54)
That Rule 6.21 (c) – Inter-County Players Availability to Clubs - Official Guide Part 1 (page 89) be deleted.
Coiste Chontae Thír Eoghain;  Realt na Mara, Bundobhráin, Dún na nGal

6.21(c) specifies when inter-county players can be expected to fulfil club championship games prior to inter-county championship games.

Read the irish news. What is your interpretation of the motion

I did read the Irish news. I also read the motion and looked up the rule.
I would interpret the motion as removing restrictions on players being available for their clubs

Rule 6.21 (c) Inter County Players Availability to Clubs:
A player on an Inter-County minor panel shall not play in Adult Club League Competitions / Challenge Games until his Inter-County activity for the year is concluded

If you are right then then it's a big plus for club football.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: referee on February 24, 2016, 09:41:01 PM
Eamonn lynch from Banagher over Edendork,Malachy Teague is still  with Derrytresk, Jason Quinn joint manager with Audi kelly Cookstown,Paul Conway with Foreglen

Couldn't Be 'Theee Jayo Quinn' alongside Audi Kelly.  I couldn't see Audi putting up with a slabber like that!!
Living the dream!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 26, 2016, 01:55:53 PM
Eamonn lynch from Banagher over Edendork,Malachy Teague is still  with Derrytresk, Jason Quinn joint manager with Audi kelly Cookstown,Paul Conway with Foreglen

Couldn't Be 'Theee Jayo Quinn' alongside Audi Kelly.  I couldn't see Audi putting up with a slabber like that!!

I heard it was Audi Kelly and Barry Taggart from Clonoe over cookstown

oakleafgael

Quote from: winghalfback on February 26, 2016, 09:45:33 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 26, 2016, 01:55:53 PM

I heard it was Audi Kelly and Barry Taggart from Clonoe over cookstown

Correct

The Sweeper.com

Any word of when the Championship Draw will take place?

Or when League Fixtures will be released?

In hiding

I think the dates for the championship first round will be decided tonight

In hiding

leenie

Delegates attending the county committee meeting in Garvaghey this evening voted in favour of beginning the 2016 Tyrone Junior, Intermediate and Senior club championships in late summer this year. The decision means that the CCC will now fix the games depending on when or if Tyrone senior footballers exit the All Ireland series.

The Junior club championship will begin on the weekend of the 7th August irrespective of how far Tyrone go in the championship. If Tyrone progress beyond an All Ireland semi final the Senior and Intermediate club championship will be played off over five consecutive weekends beginning on the weekend of 25th September otherwise they will begin on the weekend of the 4th September.

In other news the 16 team Divisions 1, 2 and 3 will remain for the foreseeable future after a vote to go to a four Division 12 team home and away format was defeated.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

50fiftyball

How will this leave things for boys going to America? Is there a "rule" in place now where they can't go out and play for a said team in the States and come home in August and play for their club in championship in September?

Under Lights

Seen the list there. If Tyrone make it to the AI Semi Final there will be no club football August. The Reserve Championship in November and December  :o my season will start at the end of October this year lol

tiempo

Quote from: Under Lights on March 02, 2016, 01:14:42 PM
Seen the list there. If Tyrone make it to the AI Semi Final there will be no club football August. The Reserve Championship in November and December  :o my season will start at the end of October this year lol

The naysayers who give out about the earlier Championship get their wish.
There is an obsession about being in the Championship come August so that clubs don't lose boys to travels etc.
Wile amount of people want lads to put their lives on hold for GAA and to achieve that they put GAA on hold for the summer.
Mighty.

Sunny Day

It will be some finish to the year in Oct/Nov/Dec

Complete Senior Championship
Complete Reserve Championship
1/4 of the League Games
League Semi Final & Final

Time to call a halt to club football training to at least May.  ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Sunny Day on March 02, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
It will be some finish to the year in Oct/Nov/Dec

Complete Senior Championship
Complete Reserve Championship
1/4 of the League Games
League Semi Final & Final

Time to call a halt to club football training to at least May.  ;D
not to mention the promotion/relegation playoffs
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E

Good news for me - I am VERY VERY unfit - Now I'm looking forward to July/August pre season training!

Sunny Day

When you really have a look at it,  its really crazy,  possibly 10 months training with 11 or 12 league games played in that period of time and then a storm of games at the end of the year.  At least the reserve Championship should be played during the Summer months. The U21 Competition will at least have an added value this summer.