Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on October 26, 2015, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 26, 2015, 01:40:57 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 20, 2015, 12:06:08 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on October 20, 2015, 11:11:24 AM
In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

I predict Dungannon v Cookstown with cookstown returning to senior football.

i wouldnt read too much into cookstown's last 2 results especially our game against them, one of our players got married last saturday and we were down a few key men.  i'd fancy aghyaran to take them especially up there.

think it will be aghyaran v derrylaughan, with derrylaughan then playing dungannon. hard to pick a winner in that one...

I use to think u had good knowledge clarshack!!! Everyone wrote off Kildress but we're still there! #UTT

me too! got my predictions badly wrong this weekend lol, anyway fair play to kildress. should be a good game v cooks town

Just glad u were wrong - up the tones can beat the mighty cookstown - gaafan is wrong again.

Kildress much improved performance yesterday. Big derby so o would expect some fireworks. Cookstown obviously favourites!

Gaafan2

Quote from: WT4E on October 26, 2015, 11:00:41 AM
In my opinion Cookstown are going to take some stopping. They are hitting form just at the right time although they can consider themselves quite fortunate in making the play offs having only made it on score difference from a Pomeroy team who finished strongly after the appointment of Adrian O'Donnell a few weeks ago.

i wouldnt read too much into cookstown's last 2 results especially our game against them, one of our players got married last saturday and we were down a few key men.  i'd fancy aghyaran to take them especially up there.

think it will be aghyaran v derrylaughan, with derrylaughan then playing dungannon. hard to pick a winner in that one...

I use to think u had good knowledge clarshack!!! Everyone wrote off Kildress but we're still there! #UTT

me too! got my predictions badly wrong this weekend lol, anyway fair play to kildress. should be a good game v cooks town

Just glad u were wrong - up the tones can beat the mighty cookstown - gaafan is wrong again.

Kildress much improved performance yesterday. Big derby so o would expect some fireworks. Cookstown obviously favourites!

Not wrong regarding Cookstown. I'm aware Kildress did beat them at the beginning of the league, but Cookstown have improved a lot since then. Kildress do have a chance but they've had a few bad results recently ie. losing to Loughmacrory, Galbally and Stewartstown.

I have to admit I know very little about Owen Roes but judging by their result against Tattyreagh, they may well give Rock/Loughmacrory/Gortin there fill of it!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 26, 2015, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2015, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 25, 2015, 08:31:02 PM
Deserved wins for Owen Roes and Urney today.

First time I'v seen Owen Roes play in years and was impressed. Their full back was very good and number 5 ran all day.  Have to say though the Tatts pressed the self destruct button. The goals - 2 in particular were brutal to concede and I'd say at least 2-4 of Owen Roes total came from Tattyreagh mistakes.

Urney get goals. The always do and are known for it.  Today was no different. They were that bit better than Gortin who will be rueing some terrible efforts from very scorable free kicks. Undoubtedly McNulty was a big loss for them and I'd say he's gone for next week.  I would fear for them now without him as far as getting scores goes.  They are in trouble.

Very fair assessment here. We played rightly if not great but you picked two of our unsung lads namely Stevie Kelly and Sean Dooher. Also you're right we picked off some Tatts errors today. The 3 x goals were scrappy. But....

Young McNulty was a huge loss today for Gortin  Horrible seeing him down today. The actions of 2 x Urney players today deserve more praise than they'll ever get today and one of our own member Dr O Flaherty. Scary stuff.

Best wishes to young Risse.

What happened him Norf?

Not 100% sure, but he appeared to turn into a shoulder charge at the last min and took a big impact to his chest. The ball was cleared and he got straight up. However I watched him and the Urney lad closest to him, who I think was Lynch, seemed to be walking towards him. Suddenly he took off running, grabbed him and put young McNulty on the ground in the recovery position and starting shouting for help. The fella got up and played on after a few minutes but he looked groggy as hell and collapsed a second or two later.

One of Urney's subs Marcus Kelly, is a physio, and he darted across the field and got to him. I am not 100% sure but he appeared to be drifting in and out of consciousness for a while. One of our own members is a doctor and he lay with him keeping his head still for 45 minutes to a hour.

It was almost 1 x hour before an ambulance arrived which is a joke. Very hard to watch it yesterday to be honest.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

I think the lad has a history of concussion.
IIRC he took a wile out of the game after receiving a couple of concussions in a row a few seasons ago.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

rrhf

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 26, 2015, 09:57:16 AM

me too! got my predictions badly wrong this weekend lol, anyway fair play to kildress. should be a good game v cookstown.

I still expect Cookstown to beat Kildress and then Donaghmore.
Undoubtedly Cookstown are one of the most talented group of players in the county.  Kildress will not fear them and despite yesterdays shock win by a depleted Donaghmore team.  I still expect the winners of this game next week to be in Division 1 next year.  Fair play to them.     

rrhf

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 26, 2015, 09:41:55 AM
I was surprised to see Donaghmore beating Dungannon convincingly in the play offs
Clarkes had a lot of injuries I believe. They will rebuild and be back as strong as ever.   

TabClear

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2015, 12:37:11 PM

First time I'v seen Owen Roes play in years and was impressed. Their full back was very good and number 5 ran all day.  Have to say though the Tatts pressed the self destruct button. The goals - 2 in particular were brutal to concede and I'd say at least 2-4 of Owen Roes total came from Tattyreagh mistakes.

Urney get goals. The always do and are known for it.  Today was no different. They were that bit better than Gortin who will be rueing some terrible efforts from very scorable free kicks. Undoubtedly McNulty was a big loss for them and I'd say he's gone for next week.  I would fear for them now without him as far as getting scores goes.  They are in trouble.

Very fair assessment here. We played rightly if not great but you picked two of our unsung lads namely Stevie Kelly and Sean Dooher. Also you're right we picked off some Tatts errors today. The 3 x goals were scrappy. But....

Young McNulty was a huge loss today for Gortin  Horrible seeing him down today. The actions of 2 x Urney players today deserve more praise than they'll ever get today and one of our own member Dr O Flaherty. Scary stuff.

What happened him Norf?

Not 100% sure, but he appeared to turn into a shoulder charge at the last min and took a big impact to his chest. The ball was cleared and he got straight up. However I watched him and the Urney lad closest to him, who I think was Lynch, seemed to be walking towards him. Suddenly he took off running, grabbed him and put young McNulty on the ground in the recovery position and starting shouting for help. The fella got up and played on after a few minutes but he looked groggy as hell and collapsed a second or two later.

One of Urney's subs Marcus Kelly, is a physio, and he darted across the field and got to him. I am not 100% sure but he appeared to be drifting in and out of consciousness for a while. One of our own members is a doctor and he lay with him keeping his head still for 45 minutes to a hour.

It was almost 1 x hour before an ambulance arrived which is a joke. Very hard to watch it yesterday to be honest.

That's scary.  Fair play to the urney lad to recognise how serious it was.   When in the game did it happen Norf?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on October 26, 2015, 02:14:47 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2015, 12:37:11 PM

What happened him Norf?

That's scary.  Fair play to the urney lad to recognise how serious it was.   When in the game did it happen Norf?

I think it was just before HT.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Under Lights

Rumour has it that Aghaloo looking for a new manager?

WT4E

So Cookstown give up neutral ground to play the game on Friday night in Kildress - They must be confident of the victory!!!!

Looking forward to a meaningful derby - first in a good few years. Last I remember may have been a div 1 relegation playoff in Cookstown which the the sizzlers won on wet muddy pitch (at least that won't be a factor this time)

Gaafan2

Quote from: WT4E on October 28, 2015, 10:06:14 AM

So Cookstown give up neutral ground to play the game on Friday night in Kildress - They must be confident of the victory!!!!

Looking forward to a meaningful derby - first in a good few years. Last I remember may have been a div 1 relegation playoff in Cookstown which the the sizzlers won on wet muddy pitch (at least that won't be a factor this time)

Cant understand why Cookstown have requested the game for Friday night other than they would have been missing men had the game been played on Sunday. Big advantage to Kildress.

winghalfback

Quote from: gaafan2 on October 28, 2015, 10:12:08 AM

Cant understand why Cookstown have requested the game for Friday night other than they would have been missing men had the game been played on Sunday. Big advantage to Kildress.

One thing for sure they wont bully Kilderss in kildress

50fiftyball

Quote from: winghalfback on October 28, 2015, 11:01:44 AM

Dare I say have they ever "bullied" them

SkillfulBill

Quote from: rrhf on October 26, 2015, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 26, 2015, 09:41:55 AM
I was surprised to see Donaghmore beating Dungannon convincingly in the play offs
Clarkes had a lot of injuries I believe. They will rebuild and be back as strong as ever.

I hope they had about 10 men injured because if they hadn't it will be back to div 3. Shockingly poor stuff from Dungannon.

Gaafan2

Quote from: 50fiftyball on October 28, 2015, 12:45:16 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 28, 2015, 11:01:44 AM

Dare I say have they ever "bullied" them

Have Kildress got it in them to stay in division 1 should they go up, after all they have been relying on the same older heads for quite a few years now ie. Des Tracey, Niall Quinn, Damien Kelly, Marty Grimes??