Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soup an Samajiz

Urney looking the part from all reports, I never got to the match at the weekend myself, but if they do pull it off they could really feck things up for ones down the other end of the table too! Few teams maybe not as safe as they thought!
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: time ticking away on September 20, 2015, 05:27:05 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on September 20, 2015, 03:33:35 PM
Seriously can't figure out taking a cship semi final to  Pomeroy.  Carrickmore togged out on the stairs last year as there wasn't enough room in the handball alley
Incredible decision alright. Possibly the worst venue in tyrone for the players

Would Carrickmore not be a better venue?

Mikhailov

Seriously can't figure out taking a cship semi final to  Pomeroy.  Carrickmore togged out on the stairs last year as there wasn't enough room in the handball alley

Without a doubt - incredible to think that pomeroy is being used for a SFC semi final. The changing rooms facilities are from the 70's never mind 80's or 90's. You couldn't swing a cat in them never mind 25+ players plus backroom team fit in there and everyone keep calm before a big game. It is not as if we don't have any alternative for this game - surely Errigal or Carmen could have facilitated this game easily.

WT4E

Quote from: Mikhailov on September 21, 2015, 04:43:49 PM

Without a doubt - incredible to think that pomeroy is being used for a SFC semi final. The changing rooms facilities are from the 70's never mind 80's or 90's. You couldn't swing a cat in them never mind 25+ players plus backroom team fit in there and everyone keep calm before a big game. It is not as if we don't have any alternative for this game - surely Errigal or Carmen could have facilitated this game easily.

Would Carrickmore changing facilities be much better?

Probably would have been better upgrading club changing rooms rather than spending so much on celtic T on top of a mountain!

everymanaman

The portacabins in the old Urney ground are better

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: referee on September 20, 2015, 09:46:40 AM
Ardboe gaa twitter page Ardboe 1-14 Dungannon 2-11,tyrone gaa page 1-13 to  1-13,must of been a deal done there ;when the ref puts in a different score than the 1 that's on there offical twitter account ;)

From the talk i heard and readin the tyrone times today there didnt look to be any deal done - a last minute free from dungannon to equalise, 2 arbo men sent off and a clarkes player sufferin a serious facial injury accordin to there notes in the paper. it's certainly tight in the bottom 4, any of them could do down really. could this be the year donaghmore finally drop or will they manage a couple of wins as usual at the end to escape? could the cavanaghs be playing intermediate football next year??

Under Lights

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 21, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
Ardboe gaa twitter page Ardboe 1-14 Dungannon 2-11,tyrone gaa page 1-13 to  1-13,must of been a deal done there ;when the ref puts in a different score than the 1 that's on there offical twitter account ;)

From the talk i heard and readin the tyrone times today there didnt look to be any deal done - a last minute free from dungannon to equalise, 2 arbo men sent off and a clarkes player sufferin a serious facial injury accordin to there notes in the paper. it's certainly tight in the bottom 4, any of them could do down really. could this be the year donaghmore finally drop or will they manage a couple of wins as usual at the end to escape? could the cavanaghs be playing intermediate football next year??

Would Sean really care? Recent interview below:

[quote]So you're back in action with Moy?
Yeah, back to club action since last month but unfortunately we got knocked out of the local championship back in April. It's disappointing but we still have a few rounds of local league action to play so I'm kept active with the club alright until I go back in with Tyrone again in few months time. It's good to be back in action obviously with the lads and it's a nice break form the county for a wee while.
[/quote]

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on September 22, 2015, 07:57:40 AM
Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 21, 2015, 10:05:10 PM

Would Sean really care? Recent interview below:

[quote]So you're back in action with Moy?
Yeah, back to club action since last month but unfortunately we got knocked out of the local championship back in April. It's disappointing but we still have a few rounds of local league action to play so I'm kept active with the club alright until I go back in with Tyrone again in few months time. It's good to be back in action obviously with the lads and it's a nice break form the county for a wee while.
[/quote]

I don't believe that's a quote from big Sean as it uses the expressions lads instead of 'guys' (Cringe!!!)

vallankumous

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 21, 2015, 04:17:32 PM

Carrickmore is a great venue as a spectator too. The ease of getting in and out of it is the best i've seen.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: vallankumous on September 22, 2015, 10:10:29 AM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on September 21, 2015, 04:17:32 PM

Carrickmore is a great venue as a spectator too. The ease of getting in and out of it is the best i've seen.

Don't know about getting out of it.. I was happy enough Id parked away out on the road but coming out of the omagh dromore game that carpark was some sight lol I actually said t my mate at the time "I wonder at what point the stewards just threw the head up and said 'f**k It' " lol cars just landed everywhere in every direction, they weren't movin anytime soon anyway

I don't mean to take away from them though, I actually came away thinkin the entire evening was 1st class. pitch was in great nick despite conditions and the stand is good there.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

vallankumous

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on September 22, 2015, 10:14:41 AM

Don't know about getting out of it.. I was happy enough Id parked away out on the road but coming out of the omagh dromore game that carpark was some sight lol I actually said t my mate at the time "I wonder at what point the stewards just threw the head up and said 'f**k It' " lol cars just landed everywhere in every direction, they weren't movin anytime soon anyway

I don't mean to take away from them though, I actually came away thinkin the entire evening was 1st class. pitch was in great nick despite conditions and the stand is good there.

Anyone know the attendance at that game? It was huge.

Never parked in the car park but agree it'd be a hard place to get out off.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: vallankumous on September 22, 2015, 10:20:56 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on September 22, 2015, 10:14:41 AM

Anyone know the attendance at that game? It was huge.

Never parked in the car park but agree it'd be a hard place to get out off.
I was parked on the training field and it took about 25 minutes to get out of it.
Carrickmore in general is the best venue about for club championship, as a spectator and as  a player, its the place I most like to play at/watch a game at.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Redhand Santa

Carrickmore is a great place for club championship games. Good size for it. Got out the last day no bother but left a min or 2 early, I was thinking anyone there til the end could have a wait.

Would love to see a Tyrone game or two in McKenna cup or league there. Would create a much better atmosphere than omagh for the less attended games.

WT4E

Agree with all the positive points made about Carrickmore but I was just making the point the OP said that Pomeroy dressing rooms were too small for players for an important championship match. I have togged out in both dressing rooms in the past and I'd say there would not be much difference in size - both very cramped.

Also the Pomeroy stewards always do a good job too!

Tommo2

Carrickmore is a great pitch for atmosphere and while the changing rooms are not perfect, they are certainly much better than Pomeroy. The pitch is now in great nick after being resurfaced a couple of years ago and the adjacent training pitch is great for teams to warm-up on.

Anyway, lets hope the lights work on Friday night at Healy Park. Looking forward to a great game and hopefully Killyclogher can pull off a big shock.