Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Has the holiday break period been confirmed this year? IS it the two weeks starting 11th july?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 15, 2015, 02:31:31 PM
Has the holiday break period been confirmed this year? IS it the two weeks starting 11th july?

there will be a 2 weekend holiday period from 11th July 2015 to 19th July. There will be absolutely no adult or youth fixtures.  There is potential that club u21 games could be played  (yet to be confirmed).
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 15, 2015, 03:12:05 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 15, 2015, 02:31:31 PM

there will be a 2 weekend holiday period from 11th July 2015 to 19th July. There will be absolutely no adult or youth fixtures.  There is potential that club u21 games could be played  (yet to be confirmed).

Thanks for that.
So realistically there will be no senior games then untill the weekend of Sunday the 26th?(possibly friday 24th/sat 25th)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Legoman5

I hear 3 greencastle starters headin to the states! Tickets all booked! Guna be a massive blow to them! Guna be a tough season for there senior team now to avoid the drop!

Amamaroon

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 15, 2015, 12:05:32 PM
Quote from: Amamaroon on April 15, 2015, 11:38:17 AM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 15, 2015, 11:11:16 AM
The more I think about it the more angry I become, the GAA is fecked up. In county football the system is so unfair, Cork/Kerry are essentially secured a quarter final spot, there training is geared to August, meanwhile in Ulster you have to be a full tilt for first round in May. County minor, two provinces have a back door system and two don't, again its discriminatory, and then in club football counties all doing different things, whereby you could have a team winning the Ulster club/ All Ireland having got beaten in some game within the county, but in other counties you have straight knock out. What a complete and utter shambles.

Is it not awful. All the unsolved crimes throughout our country and Sherlock sitting on a laptop in Clonoe.

As I percieve it, the biggest problem in TYRONE football is clubs like Clonoe paying managers huge amounts of money and allowing him to virtually run the club, making young lads quit the county panel so he can justify his salary.

Yip your insight to how our club is run is, well, insightful  :)  This is a WUM, note he didn't say 'our county', it was 'Tyrone football'

stringbean

I've no issue with club championship in May - last year was one of best in a long time and is much better than squeezing a full championship in about a month.

Main issue is the all Ireland series an length of time it takes to run off. Look at the ulster championship - it takes far 2 long with 1 game a week. Until this is sorted club fixtures are always going trying to make best of bad situation. And no I'm not on CCC

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stringbean on April 15, 2015, 06:10:03 PM
I've no issue with club championship in May - last year was one of best in a long time and is much better than squeezing a full championship in about a month.

Main issue is the all Ireland series an length of time it takes to run off. Look at the ulster championship - it takes far 2 long with 1 game a week. Until this is sorted club fixtures are always going trying to make best of bad situation. And no I'm not on CCC
Exactly this.
The CCC have alot of issues when it comes to fixtures, but until the intercounty season is adressed nationally, theya re fighting a loosing battle no matter what way they work it im afraid.

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 16, 2015, 08:14:11 AM
Quote from: stringbean on April 15, 2015, 06:10:03 PM

Exactly this.
The CCC have alot of issues when it comes to fixtures, but until the intercounty season is adressed nationally, theya re fighting a loosing battle no matter what way they work it im afraid.

The odds and current form may be against Tyrone (or even the minors) still being playing in August but the CCC have to at least acknowledge the possibility.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Legoman5 on April 15, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
I hear 3 greencastle starters headin to the states! Tickets all booked! Guna be a massive blow to them! Guna be a tough season for there senior team now to avoid the drop!

Wouldn't be overly concerned if i was a greencastle man, not exactly 3 of their best players that are leaving just a few players on the outskirts of the 15.
Can see Greencastle having a good season and maybe even a championship run given their side of the draw.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 16, 2015, 04:27:47 PM

Wouldn't be overly concerned if i was a greencastle man, not exactly 3 of their best players that are leaving just a few players on the outskirts of the 15.
Can see Greencastle having a good season and maybe even a championship run given their side of the draw.

The 'castle must have some squad now if they deem John McCullagh, Sean Warnock and Mark Carson on the outskirts of their starting team....maybe they are going to send 3 look-a-like reserves to San Fran instead !! Them 3 would get on most senior teams and will be badly missed if the rumours are true that these 3 are definitely going to San Francisco soon.

WT4E

Will there be adult fixtures on 5th July?

blewuporstuffed

I would imagine so, and possibly friday 10th as well before the holiday period starts, but is uppose it all depends on how Tyrone are doing

WT4E

I suppose if Tyrone get knocked out of Ulster early there's a chance they could be playing 4 July in qualifiers but then I suppose they could throw in a starred game on the Sunday!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 16, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

The 'castle must have some squad now if they deem John McCullagh, Sean Warnock and Mark Carson on the outskirts of their starting team....maybe they are going to send 3 look-a-like reserves to San Fran instead !! Them 3 would get on most senior teams and will be badly missed if the rumours are true that these 3 are definitely going to San Francisco soon.

Don't know who is telling you this information because there is no word of them three going.
Have yous heard of anyone else going over to the states? Heard Darren McCurry could be heading over and maybe a few of the omagh boys?

rrhf

Quote from: Mikhailov on April 16, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

Did my cullough ever get a trial with Tyrone seniors